Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Atlantica Resort
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:24 pm 

My husband and i have decided to visit Myrtle Beach July 19-26, which is a little bit further from my due date. We were planning on going August 9-16 and stay at my parents timeshare, but now we've decided to rent that out and opt for something in July since thats when we always visit and August was the only time available at Ocean Villas. I've been doing a little bit of research and came across Atlantica resort and found that it had awesome prices for a 2 bedroom condo. Has anyone ever stayed here before? I also heard that you have to walk a good ways from the parking lot to the Resort, this would be a safety concern considering we have a young daughter, does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks so much,
Natalie

August 2008: Sheraton Broadway Plantation
August 2009: Sheraton Broadway Plantation
July 2010: Ocean Reef Resort
July 2011: Caribbean Resort
July 2012: Paradise Resort
July 2013: Paradise Resort

Post subject: Re: Atlantica Resort
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 pm 

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... olina.html

Like any place.... Some good reviews.... Some bad reviews.... The 36 terrible reviews might scare me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 pm 

We had reservations a few years back, and upon entering our room it smelled really bad, and as we walked in it was very dirty.. Needless to say we went to the front desk, and complained as we were talking to the clerk a lady came running into her lobby yelling that someone broke into her room, and stole all of her money.. Luckily we got our deposit back, but honestly I would recommend looking elsewhere.. I would hate for you to look forward to your vacation, and end up in a dive..

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:50 pm 

Most of the rooms are individually owned. Make sure the condo that you rent the owner is under Atlantica's rental program, and not the owner trying to save money. The owner pays a percentage of the rent directly to the resort and the resort takes care of booking the rooms, cleaning the rooms and maintaining them. If there is a problem with the room such as something needing replaced or updated the resort will notify the owner and let them know so they can take care of the problem.
The reason I know this is because we just recently purchased a unit in the Atlantica (#PH64) and was notified that the flat screen TV in the bed room was broken and it needed replaced, they had put a loner TV in the room until we replaced it. We are from Pennsylvania and it's too far to travel just to replace a TV so we told them to go ahead and buy a new one and replace it and they did.
Before buying this unit we looked at many rooms at many resorts and we found the same to be true at all of them, the rooms that are under the particular resorts rental program are much nicer, cleaner and updated.
As far as the Atlantica The location is great, views are amazing, and I believe every unit has a washer and dryer.
If by chance you ever rent PH64 and you ever have a problem, please let me know so I can take care of it.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:37 pm 

Here is my review I posted last month..
I wish that it were made clear on the website that the hotel was 100% non-smoking and smoking was not allowed on the balcony. This will be the main reason we won't stay here again as my husband smokes. He had to go down to the street if he wanted to smoke.
The location is awesome. Easy walk to the boardwalk and skywheel. Our room was a 2 bedroom, in Atlantica 1. You check in in the main building and have to walk 4 hotels down past the 3 buildings they are (I assume) remodeling. Windows are boarded up and their pools are all drained and half-filled with dirty rain water. The pool area is very basic with plenty of lounge chairs. The area in front of the pool was overgrown and in bad need of some tlc. The main building pool area was maintained and nice. Atlantica 1 reminded me of the red-headed step-child. Each floor of Atlantica 1 has 3 suites. 2 1 bedroom and 1 2 bedroom. The hallways are warm and smell like trash. Our room was privately owned and excellent. Very new carpet, furniture and mattresses. We were very happy with the room. A little bit of work could make this a really great resort.

Our unit did not have a washer/dryer. There was plenty of parking in front of all of their buildings across the street.

~Kari~

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Photos I took last year, showing the parking at Atlantica

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13362

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 am 

Was there 2 years ago went thru Wyndham our room was huge and nice not fancy but nice. I too saw after I booked some of the bad reviews and was worried. We stayed for a week and enjoyed every moment. We if looking at it where on the right side. I did hear some people say their room was not up to par but most of those were on the left side. Hope your stay goes well and room is great!