Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from MD
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am 

I have been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. We (myself, husband, and 2 girls ages 7 & 9) are taking our first trip to MB in less than 3 weeks! We will be there the week before Easter and are staying at Sea Watch. I have to admit I am a bit concerned about the weather....we really do not want to freeze! I know the ocean temp will be way too cold to swim and that is fine, but I hope it is warm enough to go relax and play on the beach. I have been to beaches in the spring before and cool temps coupled with the sometimes excessive winds can be bone chilling! I picked the Sea Watch because they have indoor pools and lots of hot tubs :)

I have been researching things to do and places to eat and have a pretty good list going.

Will anyone else be there Easter week? Does this tend to be a very busy week or just moderately busy?

Post subject: Re: Hello from MD
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:48 pm 

From what I've been reading April weather is supposed to turn pretty mild. Let's hope that turns out to be correct. Sounds like it won't be a bad time to be in MB. Glad you found this board. Lots of great people and the information is super.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 pm 

Easter brings a good crowd to the area, it is one of the largest crowd weekends leading up to Memorial Day.

As for beach weather, there have been Easter Sunday's when we are on the beach soaking up the rays and having a good time, there have been Easter Sundays where we were on the beach as it was warm enough and other years, you could not go near the beach due to the winds and cold air, it's a crap shoot every year, yet there is always so much to do here, the only way you will not enjoy is due to "stinky thinkin"
as I call it :)

Y'all will have a nice time and Sea Watch is a nice place

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:57 pm 

Welcome to the best Myrtle Beach board on the internet, DreamingofSunshine! (Love your nickname!) I look forward to reading your posts!

Hope y'all have a fantastic time in April and that the weather is nice, sunny & warm!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:35 am 

Thank you for the warm welcome! Knowing how April weather can be, we chose Myrtle Beach because it seems like there is lots to do besides the beach and pool (should weather be cold or rainy). So we are excited regardless of what the weather brings but we are hoping for the best! It looks like we will be closer to Barefoot Landing than Broadway at the Beach and they appear to offer similar activities/restaurants. The Alligator Adventure looks appealing and we definitely want to go to Wild Wings Cafe (lived in Charleston for a year and LOVE WILD WINGS CAFE!). I am wondering if we should even check out Broadway at the Beach? Is there anything extra special there? I know Magiquest is there but I am not sure we want to do that and we are not very interested in Ripleys. We will check out Family Kingdom for sure, the girls will like that! Any other must-do's for 7 and 9 year old girls?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 am 

I would make the drive down to Broadway at the Beach at least once. It's a good place to spend an evening and the drive is not that far. You can jump on HWY 31 (toward Conway) around the mall and Tanger outlets in NMB and get off at the Robert Grissom exit and it will lead you directly to Broadway. If traffic is not bad, you also have the option of taking US17 to BATB. Broadway has lots of fun things to do, and even if you just decide to walk around the place it makes for a nice evening. They have a Wonder Works, Speed Boat Rides, Margaritaville, and lots of other restaurants and attractions.

If you truly are going to enjoy all that MB has to offer, be willing to drive a little to see more than just the NMB area. Murrells Inlet has some wonderful places to eat and going to the Marsh Walk that they offer is a relaxing experience.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 am 

Yes! We definitely will explore! I am actually looking into a pick your own strawberry place too! I am not sure if this crazy weather has affected strawberry crops though.....OK, I just called Holmes Farms in Loris and she said hopefully they will have strawberries to pick in a couple weeks but right now they do not. We went to Wrightsville Beach NC 3 years ago in mid April and we were able to pick strawberries in Wilmington and it was lots of fun :)

Murrells Inlet looks appealing, about a 40 minute drive from the Sea Watch....might be worth it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our group of Myrtle Beach lovers!

Last year Easter was March 31. This year it's not until April 20, so hopefully the weather will be quite nice. I see you've gotten a lot of good comments already, so I'll just say welcome...and yes, DO plan to go to Broadway at the Beach! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:14 pm 

Hello! fellow Marylander here!

Broadway at the Beach is a MUST for us!!! Lots of shops, and restaurants!!

Welcome to the board!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!