Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Golf Lessons
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:29 am 

This past Thursday and Friday I attended the Steve Dresser Golf Academy at True Blue Golf Course in Pawleys Island.
In my 40 odd years of playing golf I had never taken a lesson (easy to believe if you were to see my swing), so, while looking forward to the lessons, I had no idea what it would be like.
I couldn't have been more happy with the lessons. I went over two days from 9 AM to 1 PM. Group was limited to 12 people, which was then broken down to 2 groups of 6, each with 2 instructors who had been professional golfers on some level.
Over the 2 days there was a video of your swing and the pro's analysis of the swing included on the video which was then emailed to you. (not an easy thing to watch)
They covered driving, irons, chipping from 3 separate distances, approach shots, putting and sand shots.
The instructors were very helpful (changed my swing quite a bit), they would make their corrections but also tell you what you were doing right and offer encouragement so you didn't feel like there was no hope.
The course normally costs $280 but they ran a special for this course of $99, well worth it. So look for specials.
Over all it was very helpful and Steve and his crew made it a fun experience.
Hoping the 10 hours of lessons will get me thru 10 holes before I forget everything and revert to my old ways.

Post subject: Re: Golf Lessons
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:11 am 

Wow! Great deal! And great place to take lessons!

Don't expect miracles at first. In fact your scores may actually go up in the short term. But make sure you practice the drills and skills and your game will improve in the long term.

Post subject: Re: Golf Lessons
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Bruce, I am so happy to read this! Our message board has always been weak on golf postings. Therefore, I appoint you one of our Golf Experts! Tell all your friends that you now have many responsibilities on the message board concerning all aspects of golf. (You can start anytime.) :joker:

Seriously, thanks for the review!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall