Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How it all began.......
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

On July 1, 2000, I started a message board...and here we are today, still going strong.
Thanks to our members who make it all worthwhile. You're the greatest. From the bottom of my heart.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20000929 ... m/Patrish/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 am 

Geez, I remember that previous board - and how the messages would eventually "scroll" off to be gone forever. You constantly had to post to remind people to save certain information they may want or need for future reference...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:34 am 

How cool is that!! I actually tried to click on some of the links :wink: . I didn't come until several years later and I am soooo glad the board thrived.

Patrish for all you do we couldn't be more grateful. This board has become a special place of friendship and love for Myrtle Beach! I am sure when you started it you couldn't have imagined the friends and the memories it would supply! So from my heart I thank you for allowing us to have a little piece of our "beach" when we are unable to physically be present there. YOU are the best!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:41 am 

This is a great board. So much info is passed on from locals and visitors. Everything is honest and not sponsor paid. That's what makes this board great!!!!

:wav: Thanks Patrish :wav:

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Mike, Emmy and Don. I remember losing a couple members when we changed from that board to the current configuration. They didn't like it...period!

Emmy, you can click on "message board information" just under the large heading and it will take you to what was then the funbeaches.com site. Oddly, there are still several working links on that page. I had forgotten we had a public ice skating rink at that time. And all the old bookmarks are there, though I'm not sure how many are still active.

Guess it just goes to show that what happens on the web, stays on the web. I wonder what we'll think of our old facebook pages when we see them again, 13 years in the future! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:20 pm 

I can't believe it took me until February 2006 to stumble on to this site. This is the only board that I look at all year long. Thanks to all that keep it up and running.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for coming all year long! We usually get off-topic, and while it's not very busy, it's a more relaxed atmosphere than during tourist season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:14 am 

Emmy said it best! I love this board. Not sure what I would do without being able to come here and talk about my love for MB with others who share the same love!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:53 pm 

Wonderful site with wonderful people. Thanks Patrish for making it happen for all of us!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 am 

That is SO COOL! This board is sush a blessing. I can't imagine the work it took to get it up and running and then maintaining it for all these years! Thank you Patrish for all your hard work.

This board really is a saving grace sometimes. If I'm having a hard time or bad day, I often run to the board for a mini getaway. I don't post as often as I used to (apparently becoming a parent twice over keeps you really busy!!?? haha), but I hover quite often. Sometimes all I need to feel a bit better is the feeling of getting away from it all. The board gives that to many of us, especially those of use that live in the colder regions. When I need it the most, the board can take me to the "first day of vacation" - you all know the feeling I'm talking about. The excitement of leaving your house, seeing the water for the first time, smelling the salt in the air and feeling the ocean's breeze and warmth of the sun... There's not much quite like it. You know you are AT THE BEACH! This board can give me a quick taste of that exact feeling when I need it the most.

Thank you for all that you do, it really does mean a lot to us all. Now hopefully I can find my written notes ( :dontknow: ) from my April trip so I can finally post about my trip!
:sunny:

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:55 pm 

I think I found this site around 2002ish. I was lost for a while and then found again. Myrtle beach wouldnt be the same without this message board. Thank you Patrish for many years of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:28 pm 

For all of us that lost the board for a while know just how much it truly is a blessing. I love coming here to check in with my MB family. It is a part of my daily routine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
Thanks Patricia for building this board. Thanks to everyone being so helpful.
This board was very instrumental in our decision to move permanently to Myrtle Beach, 5 years ago.
Best decision of our life! :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:07 pm 

Thanks, Patrish, for founding this board! It is a blessing to those of us who love all things Myrtle Beach. As Deanna said, for those of us who were here & remember the time the board was gone, we are so happy that your brought it back! It was never the same when it was gone.

And yes, Emmy said it best! Thanks for all you do! I know it is a ton of work, but we all do truly appreciate all the hard work that goes into maintaining this board! And a special shout-out to Ron & Melissa for all they do as well. The teamwork is very much appreciated by those of us who love this board!
:wav: :wav:
Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

There's no need to thank me. I love MB, and I wanted to provide a place others could gather to share information and perhaps learn from each other. The benefits to me have been staggering. Wally and I are blessed to call so many of you friends, and this message board wouldn't exist without your support and participation. :love1: