Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 pm 

missingthebeach wrote:
Thanks Jan for the Myrtle Manor pics and details. :love1:

You're welcome! When we got home we watched the last episode and it was kind of weird to see all that now that we have been there. :toofless:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 pm 

Tuesday -

Today we decided to go down to Brookgreen before all the bike traffic got in town for Fall Bike week. Found a Krispy Kreme with the light on, and grabbed our dozen and 2 coffees. No one around to give the leftovers to so we had to bring them with us.

We used our TravelZoo coupon - $14.95 for 2 adults, good for 7 days. Thanks to Judy (beachlady) for the tip on that deal. I took a lot of pictures and am trying to sort out the best. We wandered around there a couple hours and started the trek north. We were "packing" and since we were in the area, we stopped at Coastal Sports to check out their indoor shooting range.

They charge $7.50 per person for 30 minutes or $12 and some change for an hour. We decided to give it shot…LOL! It's a pretty basic range, with 5 lanes. Nothing fancy here. The staff was very friendly. We shot several rounds - 38, 22 and Mike shot his 45. I can't hold on to that dang thing, but love shooting the 38 special! We shared this target. Not too shabby!

While out and about, we made dinner plans with Alan, Ruanne, Vicki & Kay at Duffy's. We had a very nice time visiting with them at the original Duffy Street Seafood Shack on Sea Mountain Hwy. We had window seats out on the porch and the weather was perfect. The food was good as was the service. The company was top notch!

Here are a few pictures from Brookgreen:

The Huntington's

Vacation pics 2014

Last edited by Jan on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm 

Wednesday -

No folks, it is not hump daaaayyyyy it's beach daaayyyy! Set up camp around 10 or so, after fixing ham and cheese breakfast sandwiches - with the egg. Sometimes folks forget to add that to a breakfast sandwich, don't they Alan? =)

Between resting, reading, walking, munching on cheese popcorn and peanuts, that was the extent of the excitement for the day. The beach was beautiful, warm and, well perfect - for us anyway. I still can't believe the difference in how wide the beach is up here. From where we were sitting at near the edge of the high tide line, there had to be 50 yards between us and the water at low tide. We did see a few dolphins cruising toward Cherry Grove and enjoyed watching the pelicans. Those things are a hoot to watch when they are diving in the water.

Around 4:30 we packed it up and got ready for dinner. We chose California Dreaming in NMB for tonight. Here's our review copied from the thread Deanna started: Prime rib for Mike, and I had Chicken Parm with linguini/marinara sauce and of course the to die for house salad. I also ordered a Pink Martini which they have this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. We were both really happy with our meals. This is one place that we always plan to go when here so I call CentraArchy (the parent company) to purchase a gift card or two as part of our pre-trip planning. They don't charge anything to mail the cards, which are good at any of their restaurants.

During dinner, we talked about maybe driving back home on Friday rather than Saturday. Not that we are really ready to go home, but between football games to watch and just getting mentally prepared to go back to w@&* on Monday, we thought it might be a good idea.

So as of tonight, we will likely be reporting on our last day at the beach for 2013, on Thursday.

Vacation pics 2014

Last edited by Jan on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:32 pm 

Thursday -

Sounds crazy, but since this is our last day, there were a few things yet that we needed to pick up before leaving. We were up early and headed out for breakfast at Harry's Pancakes around 10:00. Then it was on to Coastal Grande Mall, Bass Pro and Myrtle Beach Mall before it was all said and done.

The meet up tonight was wonderful as usual. We just love these folks! I'm not sure how others felt, but our food was really good. Patrish posted a picture of my sandwich in the meet up thread.

So now it's just packing up and we will head out in the morning.

It has been a very relaxing 2 weeks. We hit the activity pretty hard the first week, but this week has been icing on the cake. If you ever get the opportunity to do 2 weeks…DO IT!

Thanks for tagging along! We've enjoyed the good company :sunny:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:40 pm 

Great trip report, Jan! Glad to know you made it home safely.

Vicki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:48 pm 

Thanks Vicki. We got home around 9pm Friday night. It was a pretty smooth drive except we hit Charleston at 5:10pm so traffic was a little heavy. We probably lost about 20 minutes there. Been raining here off and on all day today.

And one last note - Ronnie if you're reading this, I had calamari at Duffy's and left a plate full of tentacles. Wish you had been there! :joker:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm 

What a great report. It was so enjoyable to read especially when things worked out to make it a memorable vacation. I always feel so sad for folks that plan and wait then weather or other factors don't go as hoped. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:53 pm 

Jan, so glad y'all made it home safely! I do so love to read your trip reports! I really enjoy your style of writing!

Will have to tell Danny about the shooting range. He might want to check it out next year! And who knows... I might have my permit by then, too! :lol:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:33 pm 

Jan,

I loved your report. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 pm 

Jan wrote:
Thursday -

It has been a very relaxing 2 weeks. We hit the activity pretty hard the first week, but this week has been icing on the cake. If you ever get the opportunity to do 2 weeks…DO IT!

Thanks for tagging along! We've enjoyed the good company :sunny:

I couldn't agree more. There was so many things we didn't get to do this year that we did on our two week trip the year before . MB just has too much to offer for a week stay. I felt cheated this year. Hopefully we can get two in next year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:58 pm 

Jan wrote:
Wednesday -
Sometimes folks forget to add that to a breakfast sandwich, don't they Alan? =)

I only ate half the sandwich.....Before Ruann asked about the egg still on the stove......

Almost as bad as the day I was heading to beach. Stopped at ice machine to fill cooler with ice.......Looked down....I had beach bag.......Not the cooler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:21 am 

LOVED your report! Two weeks is the best! So glad you got to do pretty much everything you planned!