Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm 

Guys it is time to plan our meet up. I mean we just have a month to get it together :lol: . I know there will be a lot of us visiting this week so I am all ears for suggestions. I am going to throw mine out and you all do the same.

1) I love breakfast so would a morning meet up be a nice change of pace? The only thing I dislike about having a sit down meal is
we can't all socialize with one another. Of course we could do something like Krispy Kreme or bagels somewhere? I just thought
the morning might be better for some since there are always plenty of vacation activities to do in the evening.

2) I thought our meet up last year at the 2nd Ave Open Air Pier was very nice. There is plenty of room and the view is amazing.
It is a great place to mingle and talk to everyone. You got food and drinks at leisure. Since this would be in the evening there
could possibly be more locals attend.

Suggestions ????

Deanna, I hijacked your post just long enough to change the subject to the meetup date and time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Our message board members are the best people, and I love y'all! We had another wonderful meet-up tonight. Here's a group photo. I'll be adding more pictures soon. It was wonderful to see everyone, and I can't tell you how much this means to me.

Top row: Don (Maureen's husband) , Lynda (Peter's wife) , Mike and Jan, Bea and Terry, Rich (Cathy's husband) Doug (Deanna's husband) and Peter (Happy Hacker) Lynda's husband.
Bottom row: Wally, Maureen, Maureen's mother, yours truly, Cathy, Vicki (Mz. Kitty) and her husband Kay, Deanna

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:39 pm 

As always I had a wonderful time tonight. I consider myself blessed to be friends with so many wonderful people.

Last edited by Deanna on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:40 am 

YAY!!!! What a wonderful picture :hello: !! I am sure you all had just a wonderful time!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:41 am 

We love MB2 Meet Ups! :wav: Thanks to everyone for taking time to come out, and a special thanks to Patrish and Wally. Love ya'll!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 am 

What a great time we had last night.These meet ups are always a highlight of out trips.So great to have so many wounderful friends.

Rich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:47 am 

Great picture! Jealous that we couldn't be there. Glad you guys had a wonderful time.

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 am 

Lynda and I had a very enjoyable evening, nice to be able to put real faces to names on the board, sorry we didn't get to talk enough with everyone but perhaps we will get together at another meet up sometime in the future. Lovely to see Patrish and Wally again and their friends Bea and Terry. Thanks everyone for giving us a great time.
Peter (Happy Hacker)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Thanks to those who came to the meetup, and those who responded to the invitation and other posts. It was so fantastic to see all of you!

More photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... fbf42fdf2a

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm 

What an awesome looking group! So nice to put a face with those who have responded to my posts. I would love to attend a meet-up if a young, 31-year-old is allowed :cool: Not a day passes by where I do not stop by this board at least once to see what is going on. This is TRULY a Myrtle Beach Family. God Bless you all!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 pm 

TarHeelboy wrote:
What an awesome looking group! So nice to put a face with those who have responded to my posts. I would love to attend a meet-up if a young, 31-year-old is allowed :cool: Not a day passes by where I do not stop by this board at least once to see what is going on. This is TRULY a Myrtle Beach Family. God Bless you all!!!

It is an amazing group of Myrtle Beach lovers here on the board! Of course you can come to a meet-up; ask Patrish; they are mandatory after a certain amount of time :wink: ! My son who is 25 never misses them! You will enjoy it...guaranteed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:08 pm 

So glad to see everyone at the meet-up last night. It's always great to see old friends and to make new ones! Meet-ups are always one of the highlights of our trip.

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm 

Thank you Patrish for setting this up, and to all who attended. It was a nice group. Sorry I couldn't talk long to everyone, as it was a big group. It's always nice though to meet the people from this board.

A great group picture :nanner:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

I don't remember the name of our waitress last night, but she did an excellent job. She dragged table together, paired up the couples for billing, checked with us on a regular basis.....and took the fabulous group photo that I posted. Sometimes I'm hesitant about turning my camera over to a stranger, but she handled it like a pro. Cheers to the 2nd Ave. Pier Open Air Bar for excellent service!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:13 pm 

I wish I/we could have made it, but this and next week are EXTREMELY demanding and hectic ones for me. It looks like y'all/younz had a great turnout and a great time.

My "kick-back-and-chill" period should start after next Saturday, so I hope we can make some meet-ups after that...