Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beach Cove Resort
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:24 pm 

http://www.beachcove.com/

The Beach Cove Resort was a good resort in North Myrtle Beach. It is located near Barefoot Landing shopping and is right on the beach.

The Room itself was very clean and a good sleep. There was a separate bedroom, but it had shutters that can look out into the living area/balcony. The Bedroom includes a safe for valuables. The living area had a small kitchen and small refrigerator. There is a balcony looking out over the beach.

We were in the building that was angled to the beach, so you don't get a full view. There is a building that hits the beach straight on, so if you're going on an off-time, I would request that for a better beach view, but it's a minor thing.

This resort had 3 outdoor pools, 2 outdoor hot tubs, one lazy river, plus an indoor pool and hot tub. Going in August, the resort was crowded, which may or may not be a good thing for you. There are lots of families that stay here. The pools were crowded during the peak beach hours. There are lots of kids using the pools and lazy river.

Beach access was great and quick, and the pool area also had a bar and snack bar. I did not use either so I cannot comment on the quality.

Elevators at check-in times might be a little of a wait, but that wasn't a major issue.

This resort also has a very small arcade and also two restaurants, but I never ate here so I cannot comment on these.

The only drawback to this place for me (but may not be for you) is that they play music outside during the day and it doesn't stop until about 10 or 11 at night. You can hear this music through the balcony screen door. It was a little annoying at night. We are early-to-bed people and it was a little annoying to hear the music that late. But I understand that most people staying here wouldn't mind it and appreciated it. That's your call.

Overall, the Beach Cove Resort was a great stay. If you like a crowded resort at the peak beach season, this is the place for you. If you're looking for a more relaxing, peaceful trip, you might want to find a smaller resort.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower that is parallel to the beach for a better view.

Post subject: Re: Beach Cove Resort
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:19 pm 

To me, your review is 'spot on' (& to the point); the feedback needed for recommendations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for this resort review (in addition to your trip report earlier!) :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:36 pm 

Stayed at the Beach Cove Resort from July 22-29, 2017. We enjoyed our stay, and the Resort is very big. All of the staff we met were very friendly, and check-in was easy and quick.

The location can't be beat. Quiet street that opens right to Barefoot Landing. The rooms are a little odd, but functional. The views from all of the rooms are great. Plenty of pools and a fun Tiki bar. Parking was easy. We will probably be back next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 am 

We stayed at Beach Cove for the first time this year. We rented through VRBO. The room was clean and well appointed, and the price we got on VRBO beat the hotel's price by nearly $300 for the week. The pool set up is nice. The hotel has a complex on the second floor called the Town Center. It has a very small arcade, bar, restaurant, and small store, if you can call it that. The arcade is a joke. Seriously, save your money and go to UCP Game Zone or Dave and Busters. Games run $1 to $2 each, most did not work, had to load money to a card which of course is non refundable once you realize half the games are broken. Games that did work did not give many "tickets" causing several meltdowns we saw from little kids. We decided against even letting the kids do it. The restaurant was just ok. We ordered pizza the first night we were there. It was nice because we could eat by the pool and didn't have to leave. The pizza was maybe a step above frozen store bought pizza, but it worked. Ordered breakfast sandwiches one morning, they were nasty. That's the only way to describe it LOL. I don't know how you mess up a basic breakfast sandwich but they did. Lesson learned, we picked up some cereal and bagels at the grocery.
Some things of note about the hotel itself. Since we rented through VRBO, we could not use the fitness center, racquetball court or indoor pools. We knew about the first two, but were a little disappointed about the indoor pools. Kids were not happy, but I guess that's on me for not specifically asking about that. We've never encountered that before. The fitness center is pretty typical, but not the pools. Oh well, we had great weather all week and no need for the indoor pool anyway. Also, they require wristbands in order to access the outdoor pools, and there is security there all day and most of the night. Our rental did not provide us with wristbands and in fact said he didn't know about it. I guess it is fairly new. Lucky for us, our friends rented from a more prepared owner and had extras in their room so they let us use them for the week.
There is an outdoor tiki bar and grill at the beach access. Just to be blunt, the bar was a joke. We repeatedly heard the bartenders complaining to the manager about being out of stuff. His response was that it was too bad, he wasn't ordering anything else until after inventory...next week. Ummm, it's your peak season, why would you do that? Anyway, again, we just stocked up at the store so we didn't have to spend $10 on a watered down fruity drink that may or may not be made as advertised. The grill had good food but was super pricey, $10 for a hamburger. I guess maybe that's about right for down here. It was good though! The hotel was clean, we appreciated that they had security walking around. They did help keep the kids running around in check. The beach is very narrow there, especially at high tide, but it didn't bother us. It was crowded but there seemed to be a great crowd of people and everyone kind of just made room for each other.
The banana boats launched almost right in front of our hotel, so that made for fantastic people watching.

Overall, we liked the hotel. We loved the room set up. I think most of the rooms are the same, seperate bedroom with a living room/galley kitchen combo. Parking garage always had plenty of room. If you go, try to park on level 3,there is a walkway that adjoins the hotel, also, insider tip, that is where they stash the luggage carts, and believe me, they are at a premium!!
The main complaint we heard the whole week was about the elevators. One was broken most of the week. They were always slow and the punk kids that kept pushing every button didn't help. But seriously, every hotel has slow elevators. If you don't want to have to wait, try and book a lower floor. The ice maker in our room was able to produce enough for our small cooler every day, so that was a bonus. Oh, and another thing, they did not have any regulations regarding coolors on the pool deck, as long as you didn't have glass, you were left alone. We have stayed at hotels that strictly forbit it. Sands Ocean club would ask peopole to leave or stash your cooler on the beach.
Also, They have signs saying no reserving chairs and they mean it. They would routinely clear towls and belongins from pool chairs if they were left unattended for long periods of time.

We would consider staying again. We love the area, the crowd was very family oriented, the hotel and room were clean and the outdoor pool set up was great.
It's late and I may have forgotten something, if so, I'll update tomorrow!!
Melissa