Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:15 pm 

We finally booked a place (on the southern end) of MB...Yeahh!! Now we were thinking of coming down there a day earlier, just to beat that Saturday traffic. But if I remember right it's very hard finding a Hotel for just one or two nights. Does anyone know of one that would have this option? I just don't like sitting in anymore traffic than we have too, because we'll have been in the car 14/16 hours already.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:23 pm 

Could you call the hotel where you are staying and ask them to add a day? I'm sure they wouldn't mind you staying a day longer with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:09 pm 

There are plenty of hotels in the area that you could spend one single solitary night in. The oceanfront hotels will more than likely be a problem but a block or three off the beach won't be an issue. Go to www.choicehotels.com There's has to be something in your neck of the woods. Also, try hotels.com but be sure to book through the hotel's website as all those travel websites are more expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Places to stay near Broadway at the Beach:

http://tinyurl.com/qa6ttue

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:22 pm 
Forum Support

phroggy wrote:
There are plenty of hotels in the area that you could spend one single solitary night in. The oceanfront hotels will more than likely be a problem but a block or three off the beach won't be an issue. Go to http://www.choicehotels.com There's has to be something in your neck of the woods. Also, try hotels.com but be sure to book through the hotel's website as all those travel websites are more expensive.

If you book choicehotels use the special rate id: #00227890 and it will get you around 15% off your room. I got the number in a plastic "goodie bag" at the races last week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 am 

Don't be afraid to look outside of MB either. I don't know the route you are taking to get to MB, but you may find a cheaper deal if you stay outside of MB Friday night on your way down and then wake up early to come into Myrtle Beach.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:00 pm 

We've stayed in Lumberton and Selma.... Then a short ride in the morning and you're there!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 pm 

We used to stay in Dillon, but I now accumulate Marriott rewards through work, and the only Marriott properties in my category are in Florence. So we have a free night at the Fairfield Inn in Florence the day before we arrive. Plenty of other inexpensive properties there, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:52 pm 

We added a few nights a couple years ago and were able to get single nights at the Hotel Blue (it was ok) and the Sandcastle (pink building, and DO NOT recommend - it was filthy).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm 

Saturday traffic not that bad if you arrive in MB before noon. I still take hwy 22 into mb. A little out of the way, but a good road to hit the cruise control and coast into the beach. I would go ahead and add an extra day though. Another day added to a vacation is never a bad idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:25 pm 

beaj : We've also stayed in Lumberton and Selma too in the past. There are alot of hotels along 95 in those towns, but this year we thought we would try and make it all the way to MB. (if we can handle the drive)

Ron: I did call the hotel where were going to stay and they don't do just 1 night..ugh !!
We are going through VRBO this year, but where were staying is booked.

I did find some rooms available up near conway though and thought I'd share some info. When I called to make a reservation ( and I asked if they could do better on the price), they asked if I had a membership for Costco. So they do give a discount if you have a card.. just thought I'd pass that along.

10 more days and it's "beach-time"....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 pm 
Forum Support

Cathy02 wrote:

I did find some rooms available up near conway though and thought I'd share some info. When I called to make a reservation ( and I asked if they could do better on the price), they asked if I had a membership for Costco. So they do give a discount if you have a card.. just thought I'd pass that along.

Awesome! Glad you were able to find something close. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of place did you end up booking? Reason I ask is that we have a costco membership but have never used it to get a discount for a hotel. Most of the time when I do ask if they can do better on the price, I get a no unless you have AAA which we don't.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 pm 

We are also leaving a day early and staying in Lumberton. Our total drive time isn't that long but we decided at the last minute to start our vacation early. And it gives us girls some extra shopping time for a swimsuit before checking in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:42 pm 

We booked our week vacation through VRBO, but just for the 1 overnight stay we found a Comfort Inn in Conway and with the costco membership we saved $12 off. It's not alot but it's better than nothing.