Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 pm 

For the past 6 years we have been wintering in Myrtle Beach from Dec to April. We absolutely love it there and feel its our second home. However we have not been able to find a place that we can return to that is pet friendly. Those that were have become "no pets allowed" because of complaints concerning barking dogs and owners not cleaning up after them. We have a cat and although she is declawed and doesnt shed like a normal cat - due to the breed - it has become more and more difficult for us to find accommodation as the no pets allowed includes cats even though they dont go outside on vacation and dont bark. It is so frustrating - So every year we have to look for another place - some of the places that are pet friendly you couldnt pay me to stay in! We are prepared to pay extra for the clean up, but generally the place will be cleaner when we leave than when we arrive - we were hoping that due to the economy and that fact that we are looking for a 4 month rental during the winter season that there would be more available, but it seems like there is less and less. Again condos that were pet friendly are now no longer allowing pets, and some of those that allow pets say no cats. Well you cant expect people to come for 4 months and leave their cat behind - and you would think if the property was available that the owners would be more than willing to allow you to come with your pet. I like the idea of contacting the owners on VRBO who have property that Im interested in and asking if they would allow a pet, as one of the other members mentioned, so will try that and see. Anyway, as much as I love MB and the people, I have to say thats its not pet friendly in my opinion and somehow this has to change as a lot of retirees have pets for company - so if MB wants people to come and stay during their off season they will have to change a bit - at least I hope so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:07 pm 

I think you will find some one will accept your cat. Especially if the price is right. If you don't mind tell us what you find out. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 pm 

I actually disagree. We have been able to find a home for our pet every year we needed too. Granted, she's a dog, but she is a larger dog, and we are always able to find a place that will accept her. A lot of owners will accept pets, even if they aren't pet-friendly to begin with.

Good luck with your search!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:56 pm 

We found a great pet friendly place called Land's End resort by searching through The Stay and Play Book that you can pick-up at the MB Chamber of Commerce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

You may have already seen this page, since I often refer to it. And you may have already checked out all the options. But just in case.....
http://www.funbeaches.com/pets.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall