Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:20 am 

Bruno and I headed out to Tommy Bahama's Island Time last night. We were seated promptly, and I liked that you don't necessarily have to be seated at the bar, but can enjoy a cozy little booth.

Here's what was on the food menu (I took it home, or I would have forgotten what was on it!):
Ahi Tuna Poke $7 (very tasty, but not enough tuna. It was served on guacamole I believe with some corn chips)
Mini Fish Tacos $5 (not sure what kind of fish it was, but we were served 4 mini tacos, filled with fish, sour cream, tomatoes, slaw. Very, very good)
Prime Burger Sliders $5
Pimento Cheese Dip $5 (good, but meh. Get something else)
Chicken Quesadilla $5
Chimichurrri Steak Sliders $5 (these were excellent! Steak was cooked really well, and the bun had a croissant-feel to them. Very nice)
Crispy Calamari $7

For the drinks, there was an assortment of martinis for $7, premium cocktails for $6-$7, wines for $5 and $7, select drafts for $4 and well drinks for the same price.

Bruno had a Blue Moon draft which he pronounced good, and I tried a Lemon Drop martini. It packed a punch. Literally. I'm not a huge drinker, but I like to have a drink once in a while. This knocked the wind out of me. According to our charming waitress, they mix very strong drinks. Sip very slowly. I also tried a Cucumber Ginger Jasmine-tini, a non-alcoholic drink, made with mulled cucumber, ginger jasmine syrup and lemon-lime soda. Extremely yummy. Maybe I should have had two of those instead!

Verdict? Excellent. If you're not big on booze, you can have a cheap, tasty meal!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:17 pm 

Thanks for the info! Coming down Friday! This looks like a must visit!