Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PierView at 2nd Ave Pier
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:53 pm 

PierView Lounge... not the restaurant !

The lounge is on the 3rd floor and contemporary, yet "beachy". Comfy seating and awesome ambiance... Jan said "we could be in the Caribbean or South Beach" ! Unbelievable view up/down the beach with Radio Margaritaville playing in the background... The kids can go on the Pier for $1 per and keep out of your hair, plus you have a perfect view to watch them for any shenanigans.... heck, the kids might bring home the next night's dinner with fresh fish from the pier !

Approximately 6 items on the "bar menu" for ~8/each, but the food was very good (though portions are relatively small...). Jan makes incredible Chesapeake crabcakes, yet complimented the chef on their crab-cake sliders. I had the Murrell's Mix which is a Cuban sandwich knock-off and excellent (served with tortilla chips). Look on the board for all-day drink specials as our server didn't mention them and "regular" prices are a bit high. Pint of Landshark was 4.50, frozen cherry-rum drink was 8. Daily happy hour is 4-7p with 3.00 rail drinks, which consist of Bacardi, Smirnoff, Jose Cuervo, etc… not a bad deal for such great ambiance. Maybe they'll add some beer into the happy hours specials...

Highly recommended !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 am 

After having the meetup there last week, I too highly recommend this place. The atmosphere and the view was top notch. Yes, the appetizer portions were small, but they were delicious.

It is an experience just to go there, and I would highly encourage everyone to try it out at least once.

Dave

Past lodging: Aunts condo (1976-1978) Waterside Inn (1991 & 1992)

Days Inn Waccamaw (1994)
Emerald Shores (2008)

My restaurant history:

Olympic Flame Pancake house
Larry's Calabash
Benjamins Calabash
Filling Station
Southern Suppers
Gabby's Rib
Sea Trawler
Crabby Mikes
Ultimate CA Pizza
Crab House
Preston's Seafood/ Country Buffet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 pm 

I have to agree portions are small but the food was really very good for appy style dining. We had shrimp wrapped with bacon, crab cakes, and fried shrimp. We also added a plate of fries that was the perfect touch! Drink were reasonable as we went around 6:30 and it was still Happy Hour. The music was Buffet style and then a young man played guitar and sang. Highly recommend for the view alone.