Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:54 am 
Site Admin

North Myrtle Beach to host Harley-Davidson during rally
Bike dealer would operate at storefront

The Myrtle Beach area Harley-Davidson dealer plans to open a storefront in North Myrtle Beach during the May motorcycle rallies, and the corporate events team for

The Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Co. may follow suit next week.

North Myrtle Beach city staff talked this week with business partners Harold Worley and Mark Lazarus over the specifics of an arrangement with The Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Co. to set up shop at the site of the O.D. Pavilion amusement park on Main Street during the Spring Cruisin' the Coast Motorcycle Rally, city spokeswoman Nicole Aiello confirmed. Worley and Lazarus, a current and former Horry County councilman respectively, said they will be making about $250,000 in improvements to the property to bring the local and corporate Harley groups to the site.

Source: The Sun News
For more information, see the link below:
http://tinyurl.com/ydlxm6u

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 pm 

Patrish -

Have you heard anything further on this? Just curious because this location is less than a block from where we stay. I can't imagine 10,000 bikes coming through that area! I know it didn't happen up there this past May because we were there May 8-15.

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:33 pm 

Jan wrote:
Patrish -

Have you heard anything further on this? Just curious because this location is less than a block from where we stay. I can't imagine 10,000 bikes coming through that area! I know it didn't happen up there this past May because we were there May 8-15.

The article Patrish posted was for last year's (2010) Spring Harley rally - not this past one in May 2011; the plans mentioned in the article fell through for several reasons, and the corporate Harley presence and activities happened in their usual event locations instead.

It's really too early to tell what special features may happen for the upcoming (Spring/May 2012) Harley Rally anywhere on the Grand Strand yet, as there are many factors at play (that I have direct and indirect involvement with) and it will likely be gradually increasing in activies and participation with more reasonable efforts by municipalities to manage the Harley Rallies like happens elsewhere in the nation, rather than irrational (and in many ways, court-declared illegal/unconstitutional and/or otherwise improper) actions by local officials that weren't necessarily directed mainly at the Harley Rallies in the first place.