Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

REMINDER! If you're here visiting, or if you're already living here, please join us if you can....

Meet-up Wednesday, May 13th:
Duffy's 7 PM
http://www.duffyst.com/

This will be at the Sea Mountain location In Cherry Grove
319 Sea Mountain Highway
See directions on the website.

My cell is:
843-215-7338

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 pm 

7pm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hey! Don't make fun of an old lady with a somewhat slippery memory. :clown:

We had a great time at Duffy's with Alan and Ruann. Fun place and fantastic company. It was so much fun to see you again!

http://www.funbeaches.com/meetups/meetup-5-13-09.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:52 pm 

Showed up five minutes before 7:00. Sat outside and waited. Five after nobody else was there so we went in and grabbed table. Busy nights somebody there will take name and seat you but off season. Walk in and sit where ever you want.

We like the upstairs the best. In summer the windows are usually open and you get good breeze. Told waitress not to be in big hurry because we were expecting others.

Went downstairs to make sure I didn't miss anybody and told waitress if anybody showed up and looked lost. They were probably looking for us. Quarter after nobody else was there so we placed order.

Halfway through appetizer Patrish and Wally walked in. We told waitress to slow our order as much as possible and they ordered quick. Don't think they had time to even study the menu. Turned out meet-up was scheduled for 7:30 instead of 7:00. Boy did I feel like a jerk.......

Ruann isn't a seafood lover so she went with her usual chicken fingers. I went with the usual three item basket. I always go with the broiled or steamed but the three items change every trip. . Went with shrimp, scallops and crabcakes that night. $43 with appetizer and drinks.

Patrish went with baked potato and Wally ordered fish which was grouper that night. He shared half his fish with Patrish. Not sure if it was bad or there was too much of it.

Talked about bits of everything . Work, beach, message board, etc....Conversation turned to cell phones and Wally pulls out his modern marvel. Wave of a finger he had satellite weather maps, GPS and TV shows. I held it for 30 seconds and it printed out MRI, EKG and said my shoes were too tight.

Leaving we stood in parking lot. Think Wally was still a bit amazed with Duffy's. Seeing waitress carry food out to street to go up to the upstairs dining was something you don't see everyday. Hey....It's a shack.

Driving back to condo I really felt bad that I messed up on the times and they didn't get to take time before placing order. Stopped by office to jump on computer to check mail. Checked the message board and double checked time for meet-up.
Hmmmmmmm.........Next time I'll e-mail Wally on his phone...