Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 9th
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 am 

Tuesday, September 9th - Cold Stone Cremery - 6:30 pm

Thursday, September 18 - Market Common - Barnes & Noble - 6:30 pm

We're looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited by Jan on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:56 pm 

We could try to make one on the 18th! We missed the one in May when we were down. :cry: Maybe we'll get lucky on this one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Jan, there's a huge Barnes & Noble at the Market Common
http://tinyurl.com/6774mg
It has parking in the back, there is a parking lot at the movie theater, and also a parking garage nearby. You might want to meet in front of B&N so you could duck inside if it happens to rain.

We're looking forward to seeing you on the 9th at Cold Stone, Broadway at the Beach. We may be a little late because of Wally's work schedule. I'll PM you with our cell numbers.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:18 pm 

We'll definitely be at both meetups!

Vicki & Kay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:00 am 

Brett will be coming to the meetup on the 9th, and I will be at the meetup on the 18th. Unfortunately, our schedules are crazy, so we can't come together.

See you all soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks to everyone who showed up for the meet-up tonight at Broadway at the Beach! It's always a pleasure to see old friends and meet new ones.

The newcomer tonight was Bruce (username Bruce) from Brick, NJ. Just as we have come to expect at these meet-ups, Bruce fits right in with everyone else, and it feels as though we've known each other a lifetime. Thanks, Bruce, for taking time from your vacation to meet the Message Board members.

It's always so good to see Jan and Mike. You could go years without seeing this couple, then take right up where you left off. I can't say enough good things about them. They help make our message board what it is today.

Here are Mike and Jan, and that's Bruce on the right.
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08 ... -bruce.jpg

It has been awhile since Wally and I have seen Vicki (Mz. Kitty) and her husband Kay. Way too long. It was a pleasure to spend some time with them tonight. They're still wanting to move to the beach, so if you know anyone who wants to buy a lovely home in Vandalia, Ohio, send a PM to Mz Kitty!
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08/vicki-kay.jpg

I'm not sure where this shirt came from, so someone needs to let me know. Here's Brett with an Ohio State shirt, featuring Brutus Buckeye, the athletics mascot of The Ohio State University. As a member of the cheerleading team, Brutus Buckeye travels to many athletic events and makes appearances around Columbus. As you can see, he also makes appearances in Myrtle Beach, SC.
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08/brett.jpg

Brett brought Noelle and Kylie since Katie couldn't be with us tonight. I missed you, Katie!

Here are the girls, enjoying their Cold Stone Creamery concoctions:
Noelle:
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08/noelle.jpg
Kylie:
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08/kylie.jpg

Bruno and Annie (Aurora) came tonight, and it was so good to see them again. Bruno has a camera like mine, only better. He also has a 100-pound camera bag that he totes around wherever they go. He even took it to Charleston! He let me borrow one of his big lenses tonight, so I was having a ball taking pictures with it. Thanks for letting me see what my camera would be like if I could afford all the amenities!
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08/bruno-annie.jpg

Here's Vicki with Noelle and Kylie, watching the ever-popular ducks and fish.
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-9-08 ... -kylie.jpg

I always look forward to seeing Bob and Bonnie (BobP and BonnieP.) You can't look at Bonnie's sweet smile without grinning back. They recently moved Bonnie's parents here from Florida, and with all the company they've had this summer it has been difficult for them to get to the Meet-ups. It was good to see them tonight. Bonnie, I wish we lived a little closer, but hopefully we can plan to do something together before long.

It's always a pleasure to see Leo. Charlotte is working out of town this week and I wasn't sure if Leo would be with us tonight, so I was very happy to see him.

Lena (LadyDaton) and her mother were at the meetup for a little while, but when I started searching for them they had moved on. It was good to see you for a minute or two, Lena.

If your picture is not here tonight, count your blessings. As I have said again and again, I won't post a bad picture.

I love the meet-ups. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to be together tonight!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:42 am 

These meet ups are always the best part of our vacation and last night was no exception.

Mike and I were just coming out of one of the stores near Cold Stone, and saw our dear friends from Ohio, Vicki & Kay. We try to visit when we're at home, but if we don't manage to see each other, we keep in touch by phone and e-mail. They are a joy to be with and it was great to see them. It's bad when we live 1 hour away and have to drive 12 hours to see each other! :BandHead:

We then saw Lena (LadyDayton) and though we didn't get to talk with her a lot, it was great to see her and put a face with the nickname.

Next to arrive was Bruce from NJ. This was his first meet up and hopefully his report back to his wife will be "they are an ok bunch of people from the internet" and we will get to meet her sometime!

Patrish and Wally - the glue that holds the message board together and "information central" for Myrtle Beach. We are so glad you both made it, and again, thanks so much for what you do to keep the message board a fun place to be.

Bob & Bonnie arrived and they have settled in to beach life very well. When we last saw them, they had just moved to the area. You can tell how much they are enjoying it by their big smiles and "no regrets" comments.

Bruno & Annie are such a cute couple. We didn't get to spend much time with them, but we enjoyed seeing them again as well. As Patrish mentioned, Bruno has this HUGE camera lens that she was experimenting with...maybe a little "camera envy" going on, so I'm guessing a new toy might be in her future.

Leo is - well, Leo! He is a very kind and generous person, who is truly interested in each person he meets. If you enjoy reading Leo's descriptive and humorous posts, you will like him in person. We'll keep your offer in mind should we decide to go to Bald Head Island :cool:

We were thrilled to see Brett and the girls arrive since we had a little gift for him. Mike had found this Ohio State shirt at Sam's in Ohio that he liked, so we bought it, then on the way home thought, "Brett would love this shirt!" I emailed Katie to describe it and see if he had it already. Nope! So we went back to Sam's and picked one up for Brett. (see Patrish's post/pictures) Wear it with PRIDE!! It was wonderful to see you and the girls...and I'll say it again....they are growing so fast! We are looking forward to seeing Katie next week.

As we all have said, if you're in town, schedule a meet up. You absolutely won't regret it!

Thanks everyone for coming!!

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:22 am 

Jan,
Brett loves his shirt and wore it to work today!! :mrgreen:

Sorry I couldn't be there last night! I will see you next week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:34 am 

sorry i couldnt make it either... I got a serious ear infection on vacation and couldn't make it, basically ruined my vaction. We are going to try and come back in october without the kids this time... we will see..

ps... why do i keep on losing posts on my post count???... i was at 60 i believe before vaction..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:43 am 

Sorry about your ear infection and that we missed meeting you.

Also, just bumping this up as a reminder of the meet up tonight at Barnes & Noble - Market Common at 6:30 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 am 

devcoll wrote:
ps... why do i keep on losing posts on my post count???... i was at 60 i believe before vaction..

When the moderators or administrators "clean up" a string of posts, individual posts are often deleted, so your post count goes down. That's why Patrish always says, if there's some information you want to keep, be sure to save it somewhere just in case the post gets deleted.

Jan, when you have your meet-up tonight, do you think you could start a new post topic for comments and pictures so we can keep everyone's comments separate for the two meet-ups? Thanks!

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016