Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet Up Tuesday, June 24
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:23 pm 

Okay, here it is another year gone by so the infamous question the locals are dreading to hear I'm sure is "Who would like to get together for a meetup?" How about Tuesday the 24th, Celebrity Square at the fountain at Broadway at the Beach, 6:30. Let me know. Cathy

Those attending (added by moderator):

Cathy and Rich (shirtman)
Vicki (Mz. Kitty), Kay and Aaron
Kathy (kt38351) and family
Ron (ichiban), Phyllis, Eddie and Hunter
Katie, Brett, Noelle and Kylie
Patrish and Wally
ohiomom57
Val and daughter - maybe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Chalk up another successful meet-up of old friends and new, getting together for fun and food!

After all, one of the special things about Myrtle Beach in the summer is seeing crowds of families enjoying themselves, and that was very evident last night. It took us 10 minutes to find a place to park, and an hour's wait for dinner. But the wait and the crowds were well worth it to see this wonderful group of people together!

I think it has been about a year since first met OhioMom57 (Terri) her husband Terry and sons Nate and Rod. Unfortunately for us, they had to leave early for the Pelican's game, but it was good to see them again and have a chance to chat.

Long-time member Kathy ((kt38351) made it to her first meet-up last night. Like so many others we've met for the first time, it seemed no different than seeing an old friend we had not talked to in a long time. I'm glad we were finally able to meet. Kathy had positive things to say about Hotel Blue, so we'll anxiously await the trip report.

It was wonderful to see Cathy (Cathy) and Rich (Shirtman) as well as Vicki (Mz. Kitty) along with her husband Kay and their grandson Aaron. Ron (Ichiban) and Phyllis brought their grandsons Hunter and Eddie, both good-looking and well-behaved boys.

The rest of our group was made up with seasoned Message Board "meet and greet" members, most of whom have been attending these meet-ups since 2005. Brian and Colleen (Beachexcape), Leo (traderboynh) Wally and I (patrish) and Katie. Brett stayed home with the girls, so Katie (ktjohn) enjoyed a stressless meet-up that gave her time to visit and spend time with everyone.

Thanks to all of you for coming to the meet-up. Hope you enjoy the pictures of this good-looking group of people! Photo session credits go to more than me. Thanks Wally and Leo!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 am 

Thanks Patrish!

I was reading this thread at 7:30 this morning, and was like "hmmm...People? Someone write about what happened! I need my MB fix!" Can you tell I'm so jealous, especially with that kind of turnout!!

Great pictures! I loooove the one with the newest MB2 fan!

Wow, little Eddie has grown so much in a year! Makes me feel old... :lol:

As for Ron and Leo's pic...My take on the caption (which is too easy) :

Ron : Well, I think that Charlotte and I are just better golfers, that's all!
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am 

Last night was such a relaxing and fun meet-up for me... because I had no preschoolers to manage and chase around! Yay!!

Noelle was up the entire night before with a stomach bug and lots of vomiting. Kylie stayed up with her, because she thought it was a fun adventure to be awake in the middle of the night. :roll: They only got 3 hours of sleep, so Brett agreed to keep them at home for the evening.

After I finished work and had washed just about every fabric surface in the house (why do kids aim for the couch and not the easily washable kitchen floor???), I left for the meet-up and enjoyed 3 1/2 hours of pure freedom. :lol:

My first time introductions were Kathy and also Terry and her family. I went home and told Brett that one of Terry's sons is a Michigan fan (Nathan). Brett promptly told me to go take a shower, because I had stood too close to "one of them." HAA!! (KIDDING!) Actually they are a wonderful family, and I really enjoyed meeting them. It was also nice to meet Kathy for the first time. I've been on this board for 2 1/2 years, and had never met Kathy. She's a sweet woman, and I was so happy she got to come.

Everyone else at the meetup are long time friends that I love getting to see. Ron, Colleen, Brian, Patrish, Wally, Dad, etc... meet-ups would not be the same without them.

After we left the fountain, those of us who hadn't had dinner yet went to get some food. We stood outside the restaurant waiting for an hour, and I occasionally experienced involuntary urges to gnaw my arm off. I had barely eaten all day, and I was famished! I successfully warded off the urges and thankfully still have 2 arms this morning. Dinner was wonderful (when we finally got our plates at 9:30pm)!

I got to sit with Vickie, Kay, and Aaron for dinner, and I just love them to death. Vickie is so endearing, and I could talk to her all night. Kay is really a pleasure to be around, and he makes me laugh. He's someone you can't help but admire and respect. Aaron is a true gentleman and is always smiling. I wish my girls were 15 years older... I'd hook one of them up with Aaron! He is every mother's dream. The 4 of us talked about everything but the kitchen sink before they finally decided they needed to leave and get to bed (they had already eaten dinner before the meet-up). Then I moved over to the other table with Patrish, Wally, Dad, Cathy, and Rich. I didn't speak too much at that table, because I was too busy stuffing my face. I probably looked like a ravenous lion attacking a zebra. Too bad nobody had a video camera... it would have made great National Geographic footage!

I did get to talk to Cathy on the long walk back to our cars (while I digested). I love Cathy. I never have to feel like I'm talking too much... because she loves to talk too! HAHA! She and Rich are so funny... he doesn't like to talk when he's relaxing on the beach, and she's ready to burst; because she wants to talk the whole time. Aren't couples funny? Brett and I are the opposite... My version of relaxing on the beach is reading a book, and his version is talking and conversing the whole time.

Thanks to everybody who came and to Cathy for organizing it. I enjoyed myself completely. And thanks to my wonderful husband, who stayed home with the sick and overtired children and allowed me to get out of the house. :notworthy:

By the way, I know exactly what Ron was saying to Dad (Leo) in that picture. And it had something to do with a certain golf game. And something about Ron's magnificent amount of humility and his gracious victory speech. (Ron doesn't look too humble, does he? Yah... we all know the truth. If it weren't for his knees, he'd be jumping around with non-humble glee).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:12 pm 

Great reports!

My caption for the Ron/Leo picture is: Leo: "Please, Lord, when I open my eyes make him be gone!"

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:20 pm 

patrish wrote:
...Long-time member Kathy ((kt38351) made it to her first meet-up last night. Like so many others we've met for the first time, it seemed no different than seeing an old friend we had not talked to in a long time. I'm glad we were finally able to meet...

Once again, I miss the premier meet-up appearance by a long-time participant. Dang! I'm only off every OTHER Tuesday, and this wasn't the one. :???:

I'm glad to see everyone had a great time.

patrish wrote:
...Ron and Leo. I just LOOK at these two and start laughing. They would rival any TV comedy duo. Write your own caption:
http://www.funbeaches.com/06-24-08-meetup/ron-leo.jpg

How about:

"Just face it Leo - if we're going to be playing the leads in the sequel to "Twins", I WILL be playing ARNIE'S character!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 am 

I have to say it was an honor to meet all of you that attended the meet up. It seemed as though I knew everyone there but Terri. I believe it was because I have not seen many pictures of her. I wish I could have spoken with her a little more. She has a great personality. I knew exactly who Leo, Katie, Patrish, Wally, Vicki, Kay, Ron, Phyllis, Cathy, Rich, Colleen, and Brian were. I guess you all could tell I was so excited. I would have loved to have stayed longer but the short time I got to spend with my message board friends will always be in my heart. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.

I cannot believe that I got to meet Leo and Ron at the same time. You just don't know how much I enjoy reading your escapades. Phyllis, you have to be a real trooper to put up with Ron. Leo, if you ran for president, you would win. Everyone loves you. Katie, I just love you to death. I love reading about your kids. You and Brett are wonderful parents. Colleen and Brian are so adorable and sweet. They make the ideal couple. Cathy and Rich are great. Cathy is one of those people whom everyone would like to be friends with. Vicki and Kay are so down to earth. Hopefully their house will sell in the near future and their dream of moving to MB will come true. Patrish and Wally are saints. They give up so much of their time to make people like me feel welcome when they come to MB. Patrish, you will be rewarded some day.

Leo told me that I soak up every word wrote on this message board like a sponge. He is right. I love this message board and the people on it.

Here is a link to my meet up pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95046420@N ... 881645034/

Kathy

Last edited by kt38351 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:27 pm 

kt38351 wrote:
...I cannot believe that I got to meet Leo and Ron at the same time...

Plus - they're interchangeable! :notworthy: :nanner: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:32 pm 

Sorry I missed you guys but I had to meet an ol friend for dinner at 6:30pm in North Myrtle Beach, she lives in Calabash and I dont get to see her very often. I didnt make it to BATB until about 10:15pm!

Sounded like you guys had fun, maybe next time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:44 pm 

Had a fun time at this meet up once again. Ditto what Ichiban said about everyone. Met ohiomom Terri and her family briefly. Her sons are very good looking. Just when I was going to go over and try to talk more to her they had to leave for a Pelican ball game.

Talked briefly with Kathy from Tennessee. It's always nice to meet in person.

We met Kay, Vicki, and Aaron last summer for the first time and this year we went out on saturday night together for dinner at the Carolina Roadhouse. I enjoy them so much as they are very easy to talk to and I feel like I've known them my whole life.

Ron and Phyllis, who were the first couple we met 3 years ago at the 2nd meetup, I can always find something to talk about with them too. Were with them in Gettysburg in May and Ron did behave. This time I snapped a picture of him and he stuck out his tongue. (my photos are under the trip report section.) He was acting worse than his grandsons who are so cute. I'm sure there is never a dull moment in their household.

Patrish, Wally, Katie, Colleen and Brian we have met before and were glad they gave up their personal time tonight to be with us.

Some of us went to Tripps for dinner later that night. That was fun. I'm sure glad I went. My husband and I got some marriage counseling for free from Leo. Can't beat that. He helped my husband see that he is not always right. My 30 years of marriage might not have made 31. I also told Leo when I talk to him It makes me feel like he's the Judge and when I answer I better give an answer that he likes or he'll jolt me with electricity. Also I had the chicken cordon bleu which was excellent. Good choice which Leo recommended.

Katie, thanks for coming. Next time if it's just me and Rich tell Brett you need a few days by yourself so you can spend some beach time with me so I have someone to talk to.

Wally and Patrish thanks for all you do. Hope to see you all next year.