Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet Up April 22
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:43 am 

Okay, it is almost time for another meet up. I am going to suggest, Tuesday, April 22nd at 6:30, but I need your input. Also, I am looking for suggestions for a location. I know many of these start at Celebrity Square at BATB. I need help on this as I have only had since December to come up with a plan.

Rich

Last edited by richmax46 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

As each of you who has been following the meet-up posts knows, we had a meet-up tonight at the all-new and beautiful Market Common. (Hey! SOMEBODY has to start coming here!) If you are long-time reader of message board, or if you have ever participated in a previous meet-up, you can stop reading right now because I am about to bore you to death with redundancy.

Just like previous meet-ups, tonight we experienced what felt like a gathering of old friends. Well, some of them WERE old friends, of course, but we also had some new people who fit right in with the rest of us.

Dave (you know him as Junction Guy) was waiting under the gazebo when Wally and I arrived. Taking a chance, I went up to him and asked "Are you Dave?" He gave me great big grin and introduced himself. Dave is from Knoxville, TN and he is vacationing in Myrtle Beach for several days. This is Dave's first visit in 10 years and he really enjoying so many things that are new to him. We're so happy that he took time out to come to a meet-up!

We met Donna and Ron (Lax Mom) for the first time tonight. I'm sorry I didn't have more time to chat with them, but I learned enough to know they are settling into their rental home until they learn more about the area, and that they are quickly adjusting to life in Myrtle Beach. When I asked Ron if they had visited either of the State Parks in our area he responded right away. "Oh yes," he said, "we've got our yearly passes." Yup...true locals already! The blended right into our group like puzzle pieces completing a picture.

Judy (Mammie) and Mike were at a previous meet-up at Broadway at the Beach, so this is their second time joining us as locals. If you will recall, they moved here from Maryland and are happily living in the Longs area. Mike is working part-time with the North Myrtle Beach Police Department, and Judy is raising a new Cocker Spaniel puppy. It was fun seeing them again.

The surprise guests tonight were Peter (Happy Hacker) and his lovely wife Lynda. This couple comes to Myrtle Beach from England three times a year to play golf (and because they can't stay away from message board meet-ups!) It seems they have a funky Internet connection that allows them to receive messages but not send them. At least that was their excuse for not telling anyone they would be attending. Needless to say, we were very happy to see them!

Eric and Lisa were here with Michael and Lindsey. Daniel and Haley had better things to do, they said, and that tells me they are adjusting to their new home in Myrtle Beach. It was good to see all of them. Lindsay and Noelle hit it off immediately and became best friends for the night.

Rich and Pat from NH are owners of a condo at Land's End in north Myrtle Beach where they are staying this week. If their plans work out, they will be locals in another year. Thanks, Rich, for getting the ball rolling for this meet-up. It was great seeing you and Pat again!

As always, the glue that holds the meet-ups together...Leo, Katie, Bret, Bonnie and Bob! Thanks to all of you for your friendship and your faithful support on the board. It was wonderful seeing all of you. Katie and Brett, thanks for bringing Noelle and Kylie. They are growing up so fast!

A few pictures:
Judy, Mike and Bonnie:
http://www.funbeaches.com/4_22_meetup/J ... Bonnie.jpg
Me with Dave and Bob
http://www.funbeaches.com/4_22_meetup/p ... ve_bob.jpg
Me with Dave:
http://www.funbeaches.com/4_22_meetup/patrish_dave.jpg
Lindsay and Noelle
http://www.funbeaches.com/4_22_meetup/Lindsey_Noell.jpg
The group - before Katie, Brett and the girls arrived.
http://www.funbeaches.com/4_22_meetup/group2.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:00 am 

What a great looking bunch of people. Glad you all had a great time and what a neat surprise that Peter & Lynda were there all the way from England!

It will be interesting to see how the location of the meet ups will change now that Market Common is open. We can't wait to see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:42 pm 

I always look forward to reading about the meet-ups. The pictures are awesome. Thanks, Patrish, For taking time to post and share with us.

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:44 pm 

Ron and I enjoyed meeting everyone! You all were so warm, friendly and welcoming. We are looking forward to future get-togethers.
~Donna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:09 pm 

Hi Friends!
Sorry for my delayed response. I wanted to post pictures with this, but our home computer is out of commission till next week (the computer fan lost its will to live, and we're waiting for a replacement). I have decided not to wait till next week to post this... I'll just add the pictures later. Don't you love technology? I have a love/hate relationship with technology. haha!

Brett, Kylie, Noelle, and I had a terrific time at the meetup. I feel bad that I didn't get to spend quality time with everybody, but when you have a meetup of this size, it's difficult to get a chance to talk to each person (especially when you're trying to control 2 young children).

Lisa and Eric, I would like you to know that Noelle has been asking about Lindsey every day. She walks around the house saying (in her most pitiful voice), "I miss my friend, Lindsey SOOO much!" haha! The two of them had such a fun time together, and Lindsey was even generous enough to share her peanut butter and jelly pizza with Noelle. They played with their baby dolls together and were just not ready to say goodbye, even though it was an hour past Noelle's bedtime. Who said meetups are just for adults?!

Kylie also made a new friend. She was quite pleased with Peter's wife Lynda. They walked together holding hands and had a lovely conversation. Kylie looked so happy. Thank you, Lynda! I hope you and Peter have a perfect vacation!

It's always wonderful to see Rich and Pat. They are from New Hampshire, so I always ask them about the weather back home. They are looking forward to the day they can finally move down here and bid their weary snow shovel good-bye forever. I remember our last winter in New Hampshire. It was loooonnngg.... Hang in there, Rich!! One more year.

Bob and Bonnie look like locals now... with their relaxed smiles and perfect tans. They just look so happy and content. It was great to see them.

Brett and Patrish had a race to see who could finish eating last, since they both eat at a turtle's pace. I think Brett won, which isn't surprising to me. It normally takes me 5 minutes to inhale dinner and then 2 hours to sit and watch Brett eating his! :lol: Patrish, I believe you have met your match.

I was pleased to meet Donna and Ron, who are actually temporarily renting a place about 4 minutes from us! What a small world. I wish you both luck on your first year as locals.

In the category of Nicest People On Earth- It was easy to see that everyone at the meetup (except Noelle, who is being very naughty today) is on the top of Santa's "nice" list. It is such a joy to spend an evening with a group of such wonderful, laid back, smiling, genuine people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:03 pm 

Thanks Patrish and Katie for letting us know how the other night went. Now I can put faces with names. Katie, I have to laugh about eating at a turtle's pace because I could be in on the competition with that too. Probably because I talk too much. Cathy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:50 pm 

Well I made it home early this morning after spending my last day visiting Barefoot landing, North Myrtle Beach, and Pedro's yesterday.

I would like to thank Patrish, Wally, and everyone else for organizing this event. I really had a good time and it was a pleasure talking to all of you super nice people.

I really enjoyed talking to the couple from England (can't remember screen names).

I hope you all had as great a time in Myrtle Beach as I did, and I hope to meet up with you all again someday.

Today, I am busy unpacking and doing laundry, so I will have to make this brief.

Hopefully tomorrow I will post my trip report on that section of the board. Be sure to read it.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:02 am 

Just a short note to say how much we enjoyed the meet up, seeing "old friends", and meeting new ones. These few hours are one of the highlights of each of our trips and leave us reassured of how many nice folks from all over populate this terrific message board. Thank you, Patrish and all the moderators for your hard work in maintaining the board so well.

We had a great time and good food at Ultimate Pizza in the new and beautiful Market Common. Thanks, Brett, for your tip about the pizza.

Rich and Pat

Last edited by richmax46 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:32 am 

And by the way richmax46, thank you for starting this meetup and suggesting the date too.