Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:35 pm 

Pat and I would like to meet up with some of you wonderful folks during our uppcoming trip. What would be good days, times, and places to accomodate everyone who might be interested? We will be leaving Christmas Eve and I have been lax in scheduling this.

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

After the cancellations tonight, I came very close to leaving my camera at home. We already have too many pictures of Wally and I, and Pat and Rich have been featured in Meet-Ups Past.

But I packed it up on our way out the door. After all, you never know when you might miss a photo op because you left the camera at home.

As we arrived at the Golden Corral, we saw Pat and Rich entering the restaurant. We parked the car and followed them in. As I was explaining to them why several people would not be able to make it, who should walk in the door but........

Dawne and Frank, followed by Kyle, Sarah and David! I am pretty sure my mouth fell wide open, and suddenly we were all hugging and laughing. Dawne had given Frank a trip to the beach as a surprise Christmas present. They are staying at one of the Message Board's favorite places - Dayton House!

Needless to say, we all had a wonderful time. It didn't take long before Frank and Dawne were chatting with Pat and Rich like they have known each other for years.

Time passed quickly, as it always does at meet-ups. We were there from 6:20 until almost 9, and it seemed like only an hour had gone by.

Here are Pat and Rich with Dawne and I :
http://www.funbeaches.com/dec-2007/pat- ... -dawne.jpg
Wally was explaining the benefits of moving to Market Commons to Rich and Pat:
http://www.funbeaches.com/dec-2007/wally-pat-rich.jpg
Here's Frank. He couldn't stop smiling because he is so happy to be back at the beach!
http://www.funbeaches.com/dec-2007/Frank.jpg
David and Kyle. Kyle just celebrated his 15th birthday. Now he's only one year away from his driver's license! I just love chatting with Kyle. He's very mature for his age, and he has such a great sense of humor!
http://www.funbeaches.com/dec-2007/David-Kyle.jpg
Dawne with Sarah, the next Miss Teen America. Isn't she pretty? Aren't they both?
http://www.funbeaches.com/dec-2007/Dawne-Sarah.jpg

Rich, thanks for scheduling this meet-up. It was wonderful seeing the two of you again and catching up on the news. Dawne, thanks for taking the time to come to this meet-up. It was fantastic seeing y'all again!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:38 am 

When we decided to just show up, we said, "Let's pull a Bob L!" :lol:

We were hoping to see many more people there, but we had a great time with Rich, Pat, Patrish and Wally. Golden Corral was a great place for a meet-up. It was casual and relaxed, and there wasn't a lot of loud background music and noise to shout over.

Rich and Pat, we so enjoyed meeting you and learning more about your busy lives. Rich, you were paid the highest compliment by a teenager. My son, Kyle, said on the drive back to Dayton House that he really enjoyed talking to you and listening in on the conversations. He said he could really enjoy spending more time with you. :cool:

Pat, good luck with your schooling. It sounds fascinating, and your goal is just around the corner! Your information about CHF also helped Frank understand his mother just a bit more. Thank you!

Patrish and Wally, as always it was so good to see you and have some time to catch up. Wally, you're always so enthusiastic about whatever project you're involved in, and always willing to share helpful information. Patrish, you're the heart and soul of this message board and just a super wonderful hospitalitarian (is that a word?) for the MB area.

Words just can't express how much we've grown to love all our MB "family" members. I'm sorry we didn't get to see more of you. Being a surprise member of a meet-up was fun but there's also the risk that people that you'd like to see won't be there, and with a short vacation like ours, there just wasn't an opportunity for any other meet-ups. Maybe next time . . .

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

Last edited by Dawne on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm 

My apologies for this very tardy response, but we had trouble with our laptop and I am posting this from my desk at work.

Pat and I really enjoyed seeing Patrish and Wally again, and we were so surprised and happy to meet Dawne, Frank, Kyle, Sarah, and David. Thank you all so much for joining us. We had a wonderful time at the meet up and look forward to another when we make our April trip.

I am still in awe of Dawne being able to keep such a secret....perhaps a career in the CIA is in order.

We arrived home in NH at 4 pm on New Year's Eve to a foot of newly fallen snow. This was followed by another six inches on New Year's Day. New Hampshire broke a snow record for December with 44.5 inches, a record that had stood since 1876. Global warming hasn't found NH.

Our trip report will follow when we get our computer up and running.