Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:04 am 
Site Admin

Last night's meet-up was another wonderful evening in the life of the message board when old friends got together to share some ice cream.

I'm sorry for not getting this posted last night, but we didn't get home until after 10. I returned some phone calls and by midnight I had the meet-up report written, but I couldn't get the photos to load because of an error I was making with the newest update to iPhoto. So...here you go!

Katie and Brett were there with Noelle and Kylie (cutest girls in South Carolina) Want proof? Here's a short movie of Noelle feeding the fish and ducks in Lake Broadway:
http://www.funbeaches.com/9_11_07/noelle.mov

Leo, Colleen and Brian, Annie and Bruno were there, and of course Jan and Mike who scheduled this meet-up. It was a wonderful group. We already knew each other, so we got caught up on each other's lives and talked about old times, children, grandchildren, the message board, and past meet-ups Mike and Jan are having a wonderful time and they still have a long list of restaurants they want to visit. I'll be looking forward to their trip report.

After 2.5 hours, just as we were getting ready to leave, I heard a voice asking "Are you Patrish?" I turned to discover Augie and Kelly standing there. Augie's username is Dawg on our message board. They thought the meet-up was scheduled for 6:30, and since they didn't see anyone they recognized, they went off to dinner. Thankfully, they came back to check again, and sure enough, some of us were still there.

And so our message board family grows again. Augie and Kelly are from PA (not Ohio) and they are visiting MB this week. Like other people we've met, they immediately fit in with our group and without missing a beat they started chatting. Their mission this week is to find sharks' teeth, so everyone was trying to get them up to speed with their own versions of Shark Teeth Hunting 101. Augie, we'll be anxious to hear about the rest of your vacation! Leo, Katie and Brett and the girls had already gone home, but I hope we'll all have another opportunity to spend time with Augie and Kelly in the future.

Here are a few pictures. Some didn't come out as well as I would have liked, so they did not get posted. Several other message board members had cameras, so watch for future photos!

Here's me, Augie, Kelly, Brian, Colleen, Bruno, Annie, Jan and Mike - all having a wonderful time!
http://www.funbeaches.com/9_11_07/group.jpg
Here's Colleen and Brian with Annie and Bruno:
http://www.funbeaches.com/9_11_07/c-b-a-b.jpg
Wally trying to sell Jan a unit at Withers Preserve:
http://www.funbeaches.com/9_11_07/wally-jan.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:54 pm 

Since Bruno doesn't have an account, I have to write about the meet-up. Leo, not to worry, we will post the pictures once we get home.

We were fortunate enough to attend two meet-ups (although, we weren't going last night until I got an email from someone saying, See you at the meet-up)...hehehe...

It was really nice speaking with Jan and her husband. They are so nice and we traded some stories on driving to MB. Like us, they decided to extend their vacation!

You know when you see people and the first thing they do is wrap you in a hug? That's what happened with Colleen and Brian last night! I just love these two! We have only met in person once, last year, and it was as if we had seen each other yesterday. They seem to adjust very well to the MB life, and we are pretty envious! Brian told me how he was almost decapitated when he went on a recent safari, and Colleen told me more about her job in the psych unit. Both of them are just glowing!! I need to post a picture of Colleen's face when she saw Brian coming out of Coldstone with a somewhat very, very large ice cream. It was hilarious!

The rest of our crew we had seen throughout the week. Katie, Brett, Noelle and Kylie were there. The girls will dress up as Sleeping Beauty and as a ladybug for Halloween...AWWWW! I definitely want to see pictures! Kylie was on a mission : turning her pink shirt into a blue one with the help of melted blue cotton candy ice cream. Picture to come!

Leo...What can be said about the man, except that I Hate Arguing With Him!!! (You better show that to Charlotte).

And our wonderful friends Patrish and Wally were great as usual. Wally had his Wither's Preserve shirt on, but it was red tonight. I told him he should wear it more often (hey... Patrish is trying to steal Bruno away so I'm entitled to tell Wally he looked nice!).

Oh, and we also learned that our own Ron (Ichiban) is making a small fortune by selling everything he gets as birthday presents on Ebay...We're on to you Ron...

It was great, as always, and the meet-ups are just a bonus added to our trips. We have come to consider people on this board like family. This is priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:35 pm 

I like Augie's shirt, Hershey Bears Hockey! Hope to make it to a few games this year. :nanner:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 am 

The Meet Ups are always the highlight of our vacations in Myrtle Beach. I forgot my camera :BandHead: but fortunately others attending did not.

We were very surprised and happy to meet Annie and Bruno. They are such an outgoing and friendly couple. Now we can say we have friends who live in Canada!

Leo was missing Charlotte, but as always it was great to see our resident novel writer. Leo enjoys finding out more about you, your dreams, and when exactly you will be moving to the beach. :lol:

We were thrilled to finally meet Colleen’s husband Brian. He is another great guy, but hey, anyone that is a #24 fan is #1 in our book! Colleen is a sweetheart and they both seem to be very happy with their new life in paradise.

Noelle & Kylie are growing up so fast! They are the sweetest girls and you can tell they enjoy these meet ups as much as the adults. Katie & Brett – you’re doing a great job as parents.

Augie & Terry arrived and it was nice to meet them too. We learned that they have 18 years of MB experience, but the secret of finding sharks teeth has eluded them as yet. We hope you are successful in your search this week. Please let us know what the flashlights at night on the beach are all about!

Last but not least, Patrish & Wally – you two are simply the best! You do so much to keep this board going, and the results are plain to see when you read the meet up thread. Friendships made through this little piece of the internet are gifts that will last many years to come. Thanks for your hard work!

We talked for over 2 hours, each of us needing to leave, but not wanting it to come to an end. Thanks to all of you who took time out of your lives to share a little time with us.

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:17 pm 

The meet up was great! For years I have been to the beach and failed to make any meet-ups.

Like Patrish said, we arrived way early, didn't see any faces I knew so off to dinner it was. Later we decided to stop in at Margaritaville for some after dinner spirits. As we neared I looked over to the Creamery and noticed a group hanging out. I told my wife, hey, I'm going over to take a look. The rest is history. Too bad we didn't arrive sooner and have more of a chance to talk with everyone. Although my wife does not frequent the board she thoroughly enjoyed herself and had many praises on how friendly everyone was.

Thanks to everyone, especially Wally for the sharks teeth hunting tips. The very next afternoon I found my first. Kelly was not amused until 2 days later when she found hers. Kelly also found a nice jellyfish the same day which didn't want to play nice. If I get a chance I'll post a pic of the sting.

Thanks again to all, it was great meeting everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

One shark's tooth is all you need to get started. Now that you know what to look for, you'll find at least one every time you scour the beach! Thanks again for coming to the meet-up. I'm so glad we were finally able to meet you!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall