Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:22 pm 

We'll back down the first week of Oct. Arrive Sat. Sept. 29 and leave Sat. Oct. 6.
As usual we have no plans. Just get there, check tide charts and go from there.

Been watching and doesn't appear to be anybody else down that week. If you guys want to syncronize your schedules and have meet-up, we're open for anything. Lunch, dinner, ice cream, pretzils, cold drink(s).....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:28 am 
Site Admin

Tonight was another fun evening in the lives of our Message Board members!

The first thing we noticed was that it was that yes indeed, it is Fall Harley Week. Vendors were set up in tents, and a large parking area had been reserved for bike parking. We were a little concerned about traffic congestion during the planning stages of this meetup, but it really did not interfere. Even with the bikers, Broadway at the Beach was considerably less crowded than it has been at some meetups during the summer.

Miriam's husband Barry was supposed to be in the air, on his way home, but his flight was delayed and they were keeping in touch by cell phones. When we were getting ready to leave, Miriam was headed to Barnes & Noble where she planned to wait until Barry's flight arrives in Myrtle Beach. As many of you know, Miriam and Barry have had some issues with their new home in the lovely new gated community, Seasons, in Murrells Inlet. They still have a way to go, but I know they will be happy with the end result.

Alan and Ruann are enjoying a well-earned relaxing vacation. I know many of you are reading his "live" trip report this week and chuckling about their various escapades.

Lauren is vacationing with her parents, Shirley and Barry. They are staying at the Landmark Resort on the 7th floor in a condo they rented through VRBO. They have been busy with their long "to-do" list and I'm sure we will hear all about their vacation when Lauren does a trip report. They had to leave early due to previously planned dinner reservations.

Ruann and Alan mentioned that since they had never been to Margaritaville, they were thinking about going there tonight for dinner. Miriam, Bob, Bonnie, Wally and I (having nothing better to do) thought that sounded like a good idea so we tagged along. Fortunately the wait was only about 15 minutes. I didn't realize until the food arrived that I was the only person who did not order a hamburger. I didn't ask the rest of our group, but Wally said his hamburger was "good." Not outstanding, and certainly not bad. I ordered the Caribbean Chicken Salad (I think it was about $10.00.) It was okay, but overpriced. I know, I know - you pay for the entertainment which I'll have to admit was really a lot of fun. It was especially fun to see Margaritaville through the eyes of Alan and Ruann who has never experienced it before.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to be there tonight. It means a lot to me, and it was so good to see all of you again!

The Pictures:

Here's Alan (pop2748) with his lovely wife Ruann. Alan asked me not to show the cup in his hands, so I cut it out of the picture except for the foam. He said Bob seemed to be watching everything he was doing, and these days you can't be too careful.
www.funbeaches.com/2007_10_03/alan_ruann.jpg

Here's Bob and Bonnie. Doesn't she have the most infectious smile you've ever seen?
www.funbeaches.com/2007_10_03/bob_bonnie.jpg

Bonnie and me. Thanks for taking this picture, Bob. I know it was distracting you from keeping an eye on Alan, but as you can see, it came out well!
www.funbeaches.com/2007_10_03/bonnie-patrish.jpg

Lauren and her Dad Barry with the Broadway at the Beach map, and Miriam looking on.
www.funbeaches.com/2007_10_03/Lauren_Barry_Miriam.jpg

Shirley, (Lauren's mother) with Lauren (FallintotheBeach2007)
www.funbeaches.com/2007_10_03/shirley-lauren.jpg

Wally with Miriam
www.funbeaches.com/2007_10_03/wally-miriam.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 pm 

Sorry guys, I am bummed we didn't get a chance to do this meet-up!!! (Especially since I'm still a fan of Margaritiaville!!) However, it was a "last hurrah" evening for Brian and I ... our son has decided he's definatley moving to Myrtle Beach, effective tomorrow. Whooo-hoooo bring on the celebration!!!!

Sorry to have missed ya'll but we'll catch up with you soon. Enjoy your vacations!!!!
Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Colleen, we missed you and Brian last night. I thought about you when we went to Margaritaville. Good news about your son! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:14 pm 

I went to Margaritaville?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:51 pm 

To start with Patrish is starting rumors. The cup was lemonade from Auntie Anne's and no it wasn't spiked.

Arrived early so we walked over and grabbed pretzels and drinks. Sat on bench and waited to see somebody I would recognize. Saw Mariam walking around and wondered if she was from the board. With food and drink in my hands I wasn't in position to go up and shake hands.

When I saw her talking to another couple, I recognized Bob and Bonnie from other pics from meet-ups. Went over and met them for first time.

Bob wasn't half the mystery man Leo talks about. All this time I was afraid he was IRS or immigration. I'm still in the country so I guess he's an all right guy.

Didn't get to talk to Miariam a lot. Did have her mixed up with another MB transfer. Very nice lady.

Lauren and her family seemed to really be enjoyng their time at the beach. Think Dad couldn't wait to get away from meet-up so he could check-out Bike Week stuff.

Patrish and Wally. Well...What can I say that hasn't all ready been said a hundred times. Will say Leo needs to get with the two of them and give some camera lessons.

Enjoyed our dinner at Margaritaville. Thanks to all who went along. Patrish makes it sound like I was kid in candy shop. Wasn't that bad. I did stay in my seat the whole time. More than can be said for her.
It was entertaining. Funny thing is I've heard so much about it, when I saw the Hurricane and stuff, it was like I'd been there before.
It was fun but it was just a hambuger. Will do it again someday but doubt if I'd wait three hours to get in.