Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet Up - August 1st
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:17 pm 

Pat and I will be arriving in MB early on Saturday, July 28th and would love to schedule a meet up at Coldstone Creamery for Wed, August 1st at 6:30. If folks feel that the area might be overrun from Margaritaville Mania, we could try Coldstone at Arcadian Shores Commons, across King's Rd from Tanger II Outlets. What do you folks think?

We are looking forward to seeing "old" friends and meeting new folks.

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

We have such fantastic meet-ups...and tonight was no exception.

Wally and I were the first to arrive at Coldstone Creamery, and as we were chatting, a woman came up to me and introduced herself as Terri...OhioMom57. Terri and her husband Terry live in Payne, Ohio, right on the Indiana border.

She told us that on their drive down to Myrtle Beach she had announced to her husband and sons that she wanted to attend a meet-up with people she had met on a Myrtle Beach message board.

Bless her heart, she somehow convinced her family to come to this meet-up. I can't imagine how hard it must be to try and explain the message board to a spouse, loved one, or especially to your grown children. As Terri said "If the boys had told me they were going off to meet some people from a message board, I would have been very worried."

Terri introduced us to her husband Terry and her two sons, Nate and Rod, and as you can see in the photos below, this is a very handsome family. But more importantly, they fit the mold of so many other message board members we've met in the past. They feel like family. You would be proud to call them friends or neighbors. I know y'all are probably tired of hearing this old song and dance, but it's true. You couldn't hope to meet a nicer family.

Before long, Rich and Pat , then Leo arrived. This is like old home week. It was wonderful to see Rich and Pat again. They have been doing a few touristy things like the new 3D IMAX and hanging out on the beach. They are in a two year program toward retirement, so hopefully we will be able to claim them as "locals" before too long.

Our message board family wouldn't be the same without Leo. He's fiercely loyal to our board, and he goes out of his way to attend meet-ups which he truly enjoys. Thanks for being here tonight, my good buddy!

Back row: Leo, Nate, Rod, Terri
Front: Wally, Pat , Rich, Terry
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup8107/group.jpg

Here I am with two handsome young men!
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup8107/Na ... sh-Rod.jpg

Terry, Rich and Pat with Rod and Terri in the background:
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup8107/te ... patty-.jpg

Wally trying to convince Terry that he really needs to invest in the new Market Common
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup8107/terry-wally.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:01 pm 

Thanks to Patrish, Wally, Leo, Terri, Terry, Rod and Nate for attending the meet up last night. It was great to see you folks again and to have a few moments of reunion time with you. It was also great to meet Terry, Terri, and their fine sons for the first time, and, as we have come to expect with folks from this board, to find out what wonderful folks they are. Sorry we did not connect with Collen and Brian and Katie, Brett, and the girls, but we will be back in December. Brett, be sure Leo tells you his joke about Ohio State.

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:09 pm 

I'm so bummed that we couldn't make it last night. We had a Sunday school teachers meeting that was supposed to be "short and quick." Almost 2 hours later, we finally got out of there! :mad:

Sorry I missed you Rich. I was so looking forward to it. I hope you have a great time at the Pelicans game tonight, and I am looking forward to your trip report next week! Tell Pat I said hello and wished I could have seen her too.

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:46 pm 

Rich,
I'm so sorry that Brian and I didn't get a chance to connect w/ you and Pat....it was a CRAZY night at work (no pun intended), I didn't get out until well after 8:30PM. Looking forward to seeing you SOON! Take care, can't wait till we're neighbors permanently!
Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:52 am 

Good Morning - We got home last night about 9:15 :cry:

I just want to thank you for a nice time the other night. I wasn't sure if we should go or not since I never post a whole lot (just ask a lot of questions) but I'm so glad we did. Ter and the boys had a nice time also - believe me, if the boys hadn't I would have heard about it :smash[1]:

I promise a little trip report later this week. Nate gets his tonsils out early tomorrow morning and has a doctors appt today. So I need to get stuff done today and go to grocery and buy ?????? - not sure what he will/can eat.

Thanks again
Terri