Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:18 pm 

There is going to be a meet-up at Tripp's at Broadway at the Beach on Thursday, July 20th at 6:30 PM. So far there will be me (Vicki), hubby (Kay), Aaron (Grandson), his friend Brandon, Patrish & Wally. Please, all those on vacation and those who live in Myrtle Beach, try to make it. I know it will be a lot of fun and I'd really like to meet you all. Please post if you can make it and I'll make reservation. Hope to see you then!

Vicki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:47 pm 

Soon as I know for sure what's going on I'll let you know. I'm sure if we show up it will just be two of us. As of right now I don't even know how many are going on trip with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Another successful meet-up was held tonight at Tripps!

Vicki (Mz Kitty) was there when I arrived, and we knew each other right away. (Hugs!) In less than a minute, her husband Kay, their grandson Aaron and Aaron's friend Brandon showed up.

A short time later I noticed this Jimmy-Buffett-looking dude in one of those cool Margaritaville-style shirts and whispered to Vicki "I wonder if that's Alan!" And of course it was. He introduced us to his very pretty wife RuAnn, and we were all set to go inside the restaurant where I had made call-ahead reservations.

If you are wondering "Where's Wally?" at this point, so was I. He had some real estate forms he had to take to the attorney and other work that needed to be finished before he could meet us. I told him I would drive my car and meet him at Tripps. But bless his heart, he showed up only 20 minutes late.

OK...broken record time. I know I say this about every meet-up, but this was a wonderful group of people! Knowing he would be with three West Virginia natives (Alan, RuAnn and Wally) Kay (Vicki's husband) looked very spiffy in a new West Virginia t-shirt - his nod to the natives. Vicki comes across in real life just as she does on the message board - sweet, soft-spoken and genuinely friendly. Alan is fairly new to the message board, but he is almost as familiar with the various funbeaches.com inner pages as I am! He had questions about the horses on the beach as well as some other obscure pages I have online. Brandon and Aaron are two very handsome and polite young men. It was a pleasure to meet them.

Here are a few photos. Thanks to all of you who made the effort to attend this Meet-Up!

Brandon, Aaron, me
http://www.funbeaches.com/tripps/1.jpg
RuAnn, Alan (pop2748) Kay (Vicki's husband)
http://www.funbeaches.com/tripps/2.jpg
Brandon and Aaron
http://www.funbeaches.com/tripps/3.jpg
Kay and Vicki (Mz Kitty)
http://www.funbeaches.com/tripps/4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:17 pm 

Glad you guys had a good time. Makes me wish I was there...well I always wish that anyway :lol: Is Kay a Korean Veteran? Just saw the hat and was wondering. ~ Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:13 am 

patrish wrote:
If you are wondering "Where's Wally?" at this point, so was I.

OK...broken record time. I know I say this about every meet-up, but this was a wonderful group of people!

Where's Wally? :lol: We could do a book with that title!

Broken record time...I had to laugh at that one. Glad you all had fun at the meet-up!

Post subject: Meet up at Tripps
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:58 am 

Ah...memories of our meetup. Vicki was a gas. I loved her. She is SOOO personable. She has a good lookin' grandson, too, BTW! Her hubby, Kay, looks like a snuggle bear. I was glad to see a pic of Pop (Alan) after his many postings on here to put a face with a name. He always sounded like he would be fun and his wife is very pretty. I love her name. I had to laugh, too, at Where's Wally -- I thought "that should be a name of a board game!" Glad you all had a great time!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994