Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:54 pm 

Would any of you be interested in an Ohio meet-up (not limited to Ohio Residents :wink: ) on May 6 or May 13? We're looking in the vicinity of Akron/Canton for Ichiban and Myrtlebeachbum :lol: Everything is tentative, but we wanted to find out if there was any interest.

A possible location is Atwood Lake Resort. Here's the link:

http://www.atwoodlakeresort.com

What do you think Buckeyes???

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject: MeetUp
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:18 pm 

The meetup was nice; however, my digital camera card fried and I have no pictures. I'm more than upset. I just bought it in Feb and it was a 1GB, so not cheap. I hope other have their pics because we really had a fun time!

We had a nice dinner at the lodge, the weather was kinda yuk. Everyone seemed as old friends. Eddie was adorable (Ron's grandson) Phyllis is even prettier in person. Jacki was there with her son Nicky. They own an Italian Restaurant and we are going there for our next meet up (hee, hee!) She is a very striking and personable lady and her son was AWESOME...not many 12 yr olds would sit with strangers and converse maturely -- he looks 15 BTW. Theresa (TEE) is a very pretty, friendly lady. She only lives about 1hr from us. Vicki (Mz Kitty) was there with her sister. She's a tickler. I loved listening to her. Loaded with personality. Jan and Mike sat next to them (if you can't tell, I'm going around the table) Mike was pretty quiet and taking everything in and Jan is bubbly and sweet. My hubby, Kevin, really enjoyed his conversations with Ron which most revolved around Martial Arts (surprise!) and Ron...what a character...so friendly and loads of interesting stories -- shared his wine with me (that gets major kudos) and is much the Grandpa. Georgia loved Eddie. She was her usually, full of the dickens self. I think we dined from about 7- a little after nine. Georgia was getting antsy and tired. We took several group shots...of which I now have none. (I am just so bummed about my blessed SD CARD!) I think everyone enjoyed their meals and had a good time. If I think of anything else, I'll post back...now I'm going to sob over my lost pictures. :cry:

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:44 pm 

Back from the meet up, unpacked my toothbrush and fed the cats!
I agree w Lisa it was like having dinner w old friends. It was easy to join any conversation, or be just as comfortable quietly sitting back and watching/listening. I enjoyed doing some of each.
Jan deserves a big round of applause for coming up w the idea and coordinating it.
Georgia and Eddie were so cute, and Jacki’s son Nicky is such a nice young man. Not only did he seem at ease w the adults, but he was very sweet to Georgia and Eddie.
Lisa’s descriptions of everyone are right on target, though she was too kind when describing me (it must have been the wine talking that Ron shared with her!).
Looking at Lisa and Kevin I know where Georgia gets her curly hair!
Jan and Jacki were true blue to MB. Jan had her MB2 button on and Jacki wore a MB shirt. They brought a bit of the beach to the grey Ohio skies.
MB2 Meet Up was posted on the event board in the lobby and listed as an event when you turned on the TV in your room.
Lisa, sorry about your pictures, you really were diligent about taking them. The only one I am not particularly sorry about losing, is the one you took of me obviously enjoying my dinner!
If I am not mistaken, 4 cameras were in action, and our server took a group shot with all of them, so hopefully at least one came out.
Ron commented that when he pulled into the parking lot, he thought he was in MB, there were so many cars w Ohio plates!
Here’s hoping that all had an uneventful drive home.
I came w 2 questions that unfortunately, I did not have opportunity to get answers for. 1. Lisa what is the significance of “pitsypitsâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:08 pm 

:nanner: :nanner: What a great time! I'll allow Ron to give the details on our stand-ins for Ric & Pat :joker:

Atwood is about a 3 hour drive for us (compared to Ron's 10). We made a stop by The Longaberger Homestead since it was about half way. :lol: Did a little shopping there and then off to Atwood. It's a beautiful place in the rolling hills (hear that Leo?) of Ohio. We checked in around 2:30 pm. This is a wonderful resort, and had it not been raining, we would have explored outside a bit. :toothy2:

Walking down to dinner, we passed the bar...and there was some guy pointing at us and smiling....guess who? Ron, along with Jackie and her son Nickey. Phyliss, Eddie Jr., Jackie and Barbara were there too, and it was like old home week....no strangers at all and hugs all around. Before long, Lisa, Kevin & Georgia arrived, as well as Theresa. We had to wait a little while for our dining area to be set up, so we just sat in the bar and talked about, what else...Mytle Beach!

Off to dinner and lots of talking all around. Eddie & Georgia hit it off well. They were so full of energy....and we enjoyed that so much. A couple of times I found myself sitting backing and just listening to all the conversations, between what seemed to be people who had been friends for years. It just puts a big smile on my face :mrgreen:

After dinner, a few of us retired to a lounge we found (thanks Mike!) that had a nice big screen tv, to watch the rest of the Darlington race. It must have been 11:30 pm before we all called it a night.

We enjoyed meeting each of you so much...and wish we could have talked more with all of you. But....there will be more meet ups and we hope to see you again!

So those of you out there who are still uneasy about going to a MB2 meet up...DO IT!

Here's a link to a few pictures I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohiomb2lover

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:55 am 

WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Let me first start off by saying THANK YOU for saying all the kind words about my son Nicky. I think one of greatest things for a parent is to get compliments on their children. He is a good boy and he had a wonderful time with us and can't wait until we do it again. He thinks Kevin is great for loving Original Benjamines as much as we do and Ron, well, you have a new best friend. I also have a new little guy in my life - Eddie Jr. We spent so much time together and what an imagination. Georgia is absolutely beautiful - Nicky keeps telling everyone how cute she is. I just want to say that it was great meeting everyone and I remember something special about each and every one of you. It's too bad Lisa and I don't live closer to each other because I can see us being very good friends. Thanks everyone for a great evening, I am so glad we got to meet, and remember, the next meet up is at my place :hello:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:02 pm 

I guess I'm the last of the Ohio Meet-Up group to post. I really enjoyed the meet-up. Everyone in the group was as warm and friendly as I'd hoped they be. Ron, Phyllis, Eddie, Jr., Kevin, Lisa, Georgia, Jackie, Nicky, Theresa, Jan and Mike are all special people and I'm so glad I was able to spend time (although not nearly enough) with all of them. Wish Ric and Pat could have been there. My thanks to Jan for all she did to arrange this meet-up. :notworthy:

Vicki