Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:44 pm 

Here's a picture of our meet-up today in Hershey:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/draelong/detail?.dir=2ee2re2&.dnm=2102re2.jpg&.src=ph

In the back row is Ryan, Mary, Ron, Dawne and Frank. In the front row is Brittany, David and Sarah. My son, Kyle, is camera shy so he took the picture and wasn't in it.

We had a great time, despite the weather. The Chocolate World ride was VERY busy, but all went smoothly except for a woman whose family got between Ron's family and my family. We were in front and I offered to let her go ahead of us and she refused! I explained that we wanted to be with the people behind her and she still refused to go ahead of us!! Mary asked her too, and finally the woman's husband pulled her aside and let Mary and Ron and their kids move up with us. Harumph!! I've never encountered anyone so ungracious about something to her benefit!

We rode the ride and then went through the gift shop for a while. Then we headed to Fuddrucker's, where we met 17S2MBSC and her husband. We had a nice dinner, after one of the managers pushed some tables together so we could all sit together. Unfortunately 17S had to leave early due to someone being in an accident. (I hope all is okay, 17S. Keep us posted, please.) Ron and Mary and Frank and I had some nice discussions and Ron shared some old souvenirs and pamphlets that he had from back when BATB wasn't as large as it is now.

This was the first time our two families had met in person and I was so impressed with Ryan and Brittany. What great kids. Ryan is two years older than my Kyle and Brittany is two years older than my Sarah. They all seemed to hit it off really well. It was great to meet Ron and Mary in person - such nice people, as those of you who have already met them know.

Having never seen any pix of 17S we were unsure of what to expect, but she gave me an idea of who to look for and we were so happy to meet her and her husband. She's a very pretty young woman and it was nice to talk for a while, even though it was cut short. Hopefully we can get together again sometime. Her husband also seemed nice, although I didn't get to talk as much to him because I was at the opposite end of the table. Frank sat across from him and they talked some before they had to leave. Unfortunately they had to leave before we got out the cameras so they're not in my picture.

We had a great time and hopefully we'll do this again sometime and more people can join us. I hope the Ohio meet-up goes well and many of you get to meet each other. It's great when we can meet in MB but it's also nice to meet our MB2 friends closer to home.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

Post subject: Re: Meet-Up Report
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:05 pm 

It was a fun day in spite of rain. This seems to be an ongoing thing with me, it rains when I'm going to meet-ups. The first time I met Patrish and Betsy, it was raining! :mad:

I have some pictures posted at flickr you can view them here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myrtlebeac ... 114240556/

They are from the Chocolate ride, and Dinner at Fuddruckers. The ride was real nice with the upgrade they did. They had more animation then before, and it did improve the ride enjoyment. The free candy you get at the end of the ride was the Hershey's Kissables. That is what I was hoping for, and I got it.

When we arrived Dawne, Frank and the kids were waiting for us nice and dry. We had to dry off from the rotten weather, and parking so far away. It didn't help that they had a dance competition at the Giant Center all weekend. The park was also open which I didn't know was open. If it would have been nice outside, maybe more people would have been in Hershey Park instead of Chocolate World. Anyway, we got in line to wait for about 30 minutes to ride. I know we were 1 group behind Dawne and Frank, and then all of a sudden we were with them. That's when I found out about the rude lady in between us, as Dawne stated.

We walked around looking at all the candy, then went to Fuddruckers to wait for 17S, and her Husband. We were waiting in the lobby for them to show up. We noticed her dog from her avatar looking out the front window of the car. We said that must be her, and she came in an introduced herself. We went in an ordered our food and waited for the manager to put some tables together, so we could sit together.

We ate then chatted for awhile, until they had to leave because of an emergency. We stayed for an hour or so and talked, then we said our goodbyes. I wish we could have gotten some photos outside Chocolate World, but the rain wasn't cooperating.

All the rotten weather aside, it was great to meet Dawne, Frank, Kyle, Sarah and David. It was nice to meet 17S2MBSC and her Husband. Hope everything with their emergency turns out alright.

Post subject: Re: Meet-Up Report
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:36 am 

Did everyone see this photo with Dawne waving on the ride. I had to Photoshop it to lighten it up.

http://static.flickr.com/47/133155783_7ca5fed567_o.jpg