Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 10th, 2006 - Ryan's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:57 pm 

I have an ideal location for a Dinner meet-up,Ryan's in Surfside. It's not to expensive and has a great selection of food for everyone. When it gets closer we can decide on what day to go. :)

Last edited by Myrtlebeachbum on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Meet-up and a few photos 7/10/06

We had our MB2 Meet-up at Ryan's tonight. Present were:
Leo, Katie(ktjohn) and Brett, with Noelle and Kylie
Ron (myrtlebeachbum) and Mary, with Ryan and Brittany
Wally and me (patrish)

We waited for CeeAnne and her group of 6 or 7 others, but they never showed up. Calling CeeAnn! Where are you? Did you get lost? We need to exchange cell phone numbers with people for the next meet-up!

It has been a year since we last saw Ron, Mary, Ryan and Brittany. The first thing I noticed was how tall Ryan has gotten in the last year (see the first group photo below.) Brittany is still a beautiful young lady, and both Ryan and Brittany are well-mannered young people that any parent would be proud of. Wally and I offered to adopt Brittany last year, but she just giggled and said no. However, we think there may be hope in the future. I overheard Brittany telling Ron as they were leaving tonight that they had better be good to her because otherwise she might be moving to Myrtle Beach. Just let us know, Brittany, and we'll put an airline ticket in the mail to you! Mary and Ron, it was so good to see you both again. I hope you will enjoy the rest of your stay in Myrtle Beach!

Group 1: Leo, Noelle, Brett, Kylie, Katie, Ron, Brittany, Mary, Wally and Ryan
www.funbeaches.com/meetup7-10-06/group2.jpg
Mary and Ron, enjoying dinner at Ryan's:
www.funbeaches.com/meetup7-10-06/mary-ron.jpg

Katie has become a mainstay of the message board. She is such a delight to be around, and I always look forward to chatting with her. She's bright and articulate, and she can go from very serious to very funny in 2 seconds flat. Katie and Brett, I know it's not easy packing up the babies to attend these meet-ups, but I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

Leo, my good buddy. The last time we touched base, Leo didn't know if he would be able to be at this meet-up. He and Charlotte have something going on every evening this week, and I know how difficult that can be. But I know my grin spread from ear to ear when I saw him walk into Ryan's tonight. Here's a picture of him feeding his granddaughter Kylie, who is Katie and Brett's youngest.
www.funbeaches.com/meetup7-10-06/kylie-leo.jpg
Thanks for being there, Leo.

And the last photo of the group, thanks to Ryan who took this picture with my camera:
Leo, Noelle, Brett, Kylie, Katie, Ron, Brittany, Mary, Wally, me.
www.funbeaches.com/meetup7-10-06/group1.jpg

Thanks to all of you!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:13 pm 

I had such an enjoyable time at the meetup. After an awful day with work, I was cranky and not in the mood to be sociable. But as soon as we walked in and saw everyone, my spirits were lifted immediately. I could have stayed and chatted all night long. Patrish and Wally are so delightful to talk to, and Ron and his family are the bomb (as they say in my generation). It's too bad they live in PA. They are the kind of people I'd want as my neighbors!

Thank you, Ron, for initiating this get together!! I love your family, and I hope to see you again another time! "Y'all come back now, ya hear?!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:24 pm 

We are back from a wonderful week! This was the best weather ever.

On to the meet-up: We got there 10 minutes before 6PM, and paid for our meals. We were sent to the back party room, and waited for a few minutes when Patrish & Wally arrived. We had the standard MB2 greeting, the "Hug" all around. A few minutes later Katie, Brett, and the girls (Noelle & Kylie arrived. It was awesome to meet them, it was like we already knew them. :cool: I have never seen such well behaved children like those 2 girls. I don't think if we went to a meet-up with our kids at that age they would have sat that long without getting antsy.

Some how Brett and I got talking about amusement parks, and I was telling him how last year we almost went to Cedar Point instead of Myrtle Beach. That should really be, we went to Myrtle Beach instead of Cedar Point! :lol:

The last to arrive was Leo, but we knew he would be a little late. Before I left I knew Leo wasn't coming to Ryan's meet-up, but he changed his mind. He think he wanted to meet CeeAnne, but something must have come up. When he walked in Noelle started yelling "Grampy", which I thought was cute.

It was great to see Leo again, this time as a local. It was great to see everyone. These meet-ups are a blast.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myrtlebeac ... 200315594/

A big thank you to Patrish for making the reservations, and keeping this board running, so everyone can enjoy these meet-ups.

Last edited by Myrtlebeachbum on Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:56 pm 

Hi Patrish, Ron and everyone else. I REALLY wanted to be at the meet up. I didn't get lost. I had called Ryan's in Surfside before 3 that afternoon and left a message. I have no idea why it wasn't delivered (half tempted to call them and ask). Two of my kids (one mine, the other her friend) had been stung by jellyfish earlier that afternoon. I called and left both my cell phone # and the hotel # with my last name and room # for both Patrish and Ron. The man even looked up the reservation BUT informed me that it was for 6:30. Maybe that is where the confusion began? I just don't know. Anyway, I'm sure your dinner was far more tasty and enjoyable than mine since we had Arby's, which is NOT why I go to MB :roll: . It sounds and looks like you all had a great time. I'm so sad I didn't make it but we'll try again next year since we're already checking rates :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

CeeAnne, I'm sorry to hear about the kids being bit by a jellyfish! And obviously we did not get the message...Ryan's fault, not yours! Anyhow, sorry you did not make it as we were looking forward to meeting you! You'll just have to schedule another meet-up the next time you're here!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall