Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:25 pm 

Meetup Sun. 9/7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 am 
Site Admin

What a fantastic evening we had at the Open Air Bar, 3rd floor of the 2nd Ave. Pier. With the dire forecast of rain all day, Wally and I kept our eye on the clouds, and our fingers crossed. Fortunately, it turned into a perfect evening to have a meetup. Cathy's choice of the 2nd Ave. Pier was delightful. As you will see in the photos, sunset was approaching fast.

Not long after people started arriving, someone tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned, I knew right away it was BJ (Brenda) another regular on our board. Unfortunately she got away before I could get a picture (but she looks just like her avatar.) She had family activities she had to attend, but wanted to take time to come by and say hello! Good to see you, BJ, and I'm looking forward to your trip review.

As with so many meetups, this one was a gathering of old friends and new. I brought along some name tags, and if we found we really didn't need them, it sure helped our wonderful waitress, Brittany.

Gene has been a member of the message board for some time, so of course we were looking forward to meeting him. Needless to say, he immediately felt at home as shared places he lived or visited, only to discover others who had lived or visited the same locations.

Elise and Sue you may remember from a meetup lunch at Nacho Hippo. Elise has been a member of our message board for many years, but since she seldom posts, she was new to many of last night's group. She and Sue brought a new friend, Susan, with them. All three are neighbors, each owning oceanfront condos in the city.

It is been too long since we've seen Bob and Bonnie. We're more likely to run into them at Costco or the State Park, but being able to chat with them at a meetup is too rare. They both look wonderful, and hopefully we'll be seeing more of them.

Cathy and Rich never seem to change! She never fails to plan a meetup while they are here, and we really do look forward to spending time with them. Cathy, thanks for choosing what turned out to be the perfect place for our meetup last night!

Paul, Emmy and Sy were able to make it to two meetups this year. They are busy with work at their house in Longs, so Wally and I always appreciate them taking the time to spend with us! They truly feel like a part of the family.

Brittany, our waitress at the 3rd floor open air bar was perfect! (Sorry if I am spelling your name wrong!) She took our orders in a timely manner, asked about who got what bills, brought the food out and made certain everyone was happy. As far as I know she didn't make any mistakes at all, and several people commented on her efficiency.

I wouldn't want to end this without mentioning Sy's shirt in the last photo because it just shows how awesome our members are. At the last meetup which included Kirk and Jan, Jan was seated next to Sy at Villa Romano. They spent some time chatting, and he brought up the subject of his family's Italian heritage. Jan, who is an airline stewardess, had purchased an Italian World Cup shirt from Brazil which she still had in her suitcase. Since they were returning home the next day, she asked me to give it to Sy at the last night's meetup. As you can see in the photo, Sy was surprised and excited!

Thanks again to all our friends! Here are the photos. You can stop the rotation by clicking on any photo.

http://www.funbeaches.com/9-7-meetup/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 pm 

Great pictures! Everyone looked like they were having a great time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 pm 

It was great to finally meet some of the board members in person! I really hope to have an opportunity to do this again some day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:52 am 

Looks like y'all had a fantastic time! Wish we could have been there! Love the pic of Emmy & Cathy! Such pretty smiles!

Karen in Upstate SC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:31 am 

The meet up was such a fun time with more people than I expected, but so glad for a big turn out. Bob and Bonnie, it was nice seeing them again, and they are going to Vegas soon. Good for them.

Sue, Susan and Elise like Patrish said are all locals,and its always nice to meet new people.

Gino was there for a good while mostly speaking to the men.

I think the last time I saw Emmy and her family was in 2007 at Logans Roadhouse. Glad they showed up, and I now know our husbands Rich and Paul were talking about how to solve the worlds problems. I know they have the first step what needs done, but I am sworn to secrecy. :lol:

And especially thanks to Wally and Patrish for all these meet ups they attend, thank you so much .

Oh, I almost forgot to mention BJ who showed up but had to leave for family activities.

The 2 hrs we were there went so fast, it was so much fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:27 am 

Meet ups are great and it sounds like this was a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:26 pm 

Great Pics ! So glad SiFi liked his shirt ! (Pretty sure I recall Emmy calling Symon "SiFi"... classic nickname !)

Now back to catching up on my overdue Trip Report !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:32 am 

KirkG wrote:
Great Pics ! So glad SiFi liked his shirt ! (Pretty sure I recall Emmy calling Symon "SiFi"... classic nickname !)

Now back to catching up on my overdue Trip Report !

That is so funny you caught that Kirk! We do call him SyFy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:58 pm 

I can't tell you enough how absolutely thrilled I was to finally attend a meetup and actually meet a few of the message board members!! I am so sorry I was unable to stay longer but the few minutes I was there was fabulous. I recognized several faces and names and was introduced to a few new ones. Hopefully, I can remember all we did and write a small trip report soon. Thank you all so very very much for making me feel so welcome!!

Brenda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 am 
Site Admin

Brenda, thanks for making the effort to get to the meetup. I'm sorry you could not stay, but understand how difficult it can be when you've got family members and other (probably more important) obligations. It was good to finally meet uou , and I hope to see you again when we cam talk longer!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall