Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:09 pm 

Our first meet up! Thank you Patrish. Misti and I will be meeting Patrish and Wally on Friday the 9th at Nacho Hippo in the Market Commons at Noon. If anyone is in the area, please come out for lunch. We'd be so excited to meet you!
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

It was so good to finally meet Scott, along with his beautiful wife Misti, their daughter Sarah, and Sarah's best friend Morgan. They have been doing a lot of fun things, and I'm sure you'll be reading all about it in Scott's trip report.

Wally sat next to Scott and monopolized his time as they talked about West Virginia. :roll: Alan, they were both very sorry you weren't here with them, too!

Pat and Rich were able to join us, and it's always good to see them both! Palmetto Academy (where Pat teaches) is ready to open their new location, and she has been getting her classroom ready for the new school year. Rich is happily retired!

Don and Maureen are our soon-to-be neighbors. Wally sold them a home in the Highlands at Withers Preserve neighborhood and invited them to the lunch Thiswas was my first chance to meet them. Maureen, if you are reading this, thanks for coming, and welcome to The Market Commons area!

1. Misti, Sarah, Morgan, Scott

2 .Rich, Don, Maureen, Pat and me

3. Scott and Misti
Image Scott and Misti

4. Group shot. (Pat and Rich are missing.....they had hurried off to a sale at Handpicked Jewelry a block away.)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:50 pm 

Looks like a great time by all the smiles. Great spot for a meet-up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 pm 

What wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing them. Meet-ups are THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:40 pm 

Meet-Up's always make me jealous :cry:

Thanks for sharing I enjoy putting names and faces together. What a great little family we have here :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:45 pm 

I feel so young compared to the rest of the members on the board. In all fairness, and no offense intended, I really don't see a meet-up in my future. But it's cool to see how much everyone else enjoys it. I'm just happy to offer my experience and knowledge of Myrtle Beach. Cheers!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:12 pm 

phroggy wrote:
I feel so young compared to the rest of the members on the board. In all fairness, and no offense intended, I really don't see a meet-up in my future. But it's cool to see how much everyone else enjoys it. I'm just happy to offer my experience and knowledge of Myrtle Beach. Cheers!!!

Why would you say that? Seriously, we are NOT that old :wink: . My goodness! The people you meet, even though we may differ in age, are some of the GREATEST people around. Patrish and Wally have to be the nicest people EVER! I have been to many meet-ups and every age has been represented at one time or another. Phroggy (by the way, what is your name?) you are really shortchanging yourself if you base your friendships/acquaintances on age. There are so many wonderful people in this world of all ages! No offense intended :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 pm 

Looks like everyone had a great time! :ac15[1]: Wish we could have been there! Great pics of everyone!

Phroggy, it's a shame that you feel you won't be attending a meet-up. :cry: We were very reluctant at first, but after we attended our first one, we were amazed at how much fun it was and were sorry we had not gone to one before. Now we look forward to them. I'll echo what Emmy said, Patrish & Wally are amazing people! So welcoming & friendly! Pat & Rich are just as nice as can be. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Scott & Misti yet, but hope to some day and look forward to meeting Don & Maureen in the future. Hope you'll reconsider and try it at least once!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Phroggy, I'm sorry you feel that way, and also sorry that we will never have the chance to meet you in person. Wally and I are older than God, so I guess that lets us out of the opportunity to meet. We love the meet-ups, no matter what their age, and will continue to do so. What we have here is a group of people who love Myrtle Beach, and age has nothing to do with it. I hope you will continue to be a contributing member on our forum and that you'll live long enough to appreciate the the older crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:21 am 

I think I stepped on some toes here and offer a sincere apology. As I said, I don't see it happening. However, that's not to say it WON'T happen. Age should have nothing to do with it as I'm sure everyone is accommodating regardless of gender, race, criminal background (LOL!) etc etc etc.

The irony of this all is that the other family we're going to Myrtle with this year is someone we met on another Myrtle Beach message board. So, in all reality, I have opened my mouth and inserted my foot. As always: Cheers!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 am 

My first meet up I was nervous meeting people off a message board. Wanted to make a good impression for Patrish and Wally Spent every outing before meet-up shopping for a new shirt to make good first impression. My first and probably last button up shirt at the beach........
Now that I've known the two of them for a few years......I just look for a shirt that doesn't smell.........

If your other message board is T/A there would be no problem bringing them to Funbeaches meet-up. Not like it's two companies stealing trade secrets. We're all just a bunch of people who like MB and enjoy trading new ideas of what to do while there and helping new visitors get through their first trips.
Several of us came here from T/A board and some of us still spend time on both. No big deal. Not unusual on T/A for a link to Funbeaches to pop up as a reference to answer a question.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:44 am 
Site Admin

HaHa, Alan. I remember that meet-up. There you were in your cool Tommy Bahama shirt. Vicki spotted you first. "I wonder it that's pop2748. "

"Nah," I replied. "That's Jimmy Buffett. Keep looking!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm 

Hey...I don't think I am that old :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Phroggy, You are one of our newest members and I bet if you hang around long enough you will eventually end up at a meetup. The members here are wonderful young and old alike. Doug and I don't always get to attend a meetup during our summer vacation because we travel with about a million family members, but the times that I have attended have been special. I never will forget the first time I told Doug I was attending a meetup. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. He has come a long way over the years and actually enjoyed our last meetup tremendously. We are considering coming back in September and as much as I like the beach I am very much excited that we might get to attend another meetup.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm 

In my book there is only one Myrtle Beach message board, this one. Enjoyed seeing the photos of the meet-up. Scott, I have always enjoyed your postings. It is great to see your family at a meet-up. Misti, and your daughter and her friend look so stylish. Obviously they regarded it as a special occasion and dressed accordingly. I have met Patrish, Wally, Rich. and Pat a couple of times at meet-ups. You could not ask for classier, kinder, more interesting people. I may be as old as dirt but am still 21 in my mind. As Patrish knows I was very reluctant to attend a meet-up. My husband Chris was beyond reluctant. We decided to give it a try and can only say they were very enjoyable occasions. We may be various ages, religions, political parties. What brings us together as old friends is our love for Myrtle Beach. A special thank you to Patrish for keeping this message board going all these years.
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 am 

What a great time we had meeting Patrish, Wally, Pat, and Rich. I was nervous, too about our first meet-up. Misti didn't know anything about the message board, so I had to explain to her first and then see if she was comfortable meeting strangers. To my surprise, she was very excited about it! The girls had brought dress-up clothes for a night out but didn't get a chance to wear them all week, so they decided to wear them for the meet-up. We stopped at the beach on our way home afterwards and I took some nice individual pictures of the girls sitting on sail boats.

I'll post my trip report later this week. Came back to a busy week at work.

For those of you who have never been to a meet-up, I can only say that it is really an awesome experience and the highlight of our week. I'm so happy I finally got to meet Patrish, and she is EXACTLY how I imagined she would be. I hope we get to meet again on our next visit.

Thanks again!
Scott