Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet up - Sept 30th!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:16 am 

Yes, another crew of regulars are on their way to paradise!

2nd Ave Pier is always a good choice, but there are plenty of options. Was thinking around 4 or 5pm.

Who's in?

Vacation pics 2014

Last edited by Jan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Meet up - Sept 30th!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Everyone enjoyed another fun meet-up last night! The weather was misty but it was not cold, and it didn't rain.

But most importantly.... It's so good to see old friends like Jan and Mike and Alan and Ruann. It's sort of like a neighborhood block party!

I'm sorry Rich and Pat as well as Lauren couldn't make it after all, but Wally and I enjoyed meeting Jan's sister Carla and her husband Marc. As you can guess, Ohio and West Virginia were very well-represented last night. :clown:

We talked about planning a MBMB2 Reunion next year. We'd like to go back as far as the first meet-up in June, 2005. Since this is in the planning stage, if any of you have ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share them on the board or with any of the members from last night's meet-up.

Here are a few pictures. I've been fooling around with a bunch of Photoshop filters as well as various photo galleries lately..... :cool:

Thanks to all of you who were able to attend this meetup.

http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup-9-30-12/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm 

Oh my gosh, when I saw Alan and Ruann I did a double take. I thought Alan got a new woman. I still don't believe that's Ruann!!!

Hope you all had an enjoyable night.

A reunion would be great.
I'll start thinking of ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm 

I'm sorry we could not make it to the meetup but we were in PA not Myrtle Beach. We left Friday about 11 am and made it down to Richmond and stopped at a garage to pick up power steering fluid as our van was leaking it. And me and my mom checked out a Trader Joes there also. Then we checked in to our hotel. Now I had a feeling something was going on with our dogs before we left but as we do now be live that my corgi Laci came into heat. We tried having her in her crate and my dads dog buddy sleep with him but Buddy wined to much and kept Laci up and all she would do is bark. So at 2 am after trying to first have my dad sleep out in the van with buddy Laci was still barking so I had to move out to the van and sleep out there all night. So after a long almost sleepless night and the fact that if we tried to head down to MB the van might break down so we tried to get seen at 2 garages but their was very long waits at both and if the leak was in the rack it might cost 500. So we stocked up on power steering fluid and headed back home stopping every hour or sooner to put more fluid in and the van was screeking along the way especially around the curves. So we made it home and we have the dogs separated very well the van was taken to our local garage and they do think it is leaking in the rack so it might well cost $500. We lot our security deposit but if we did make it to MB we would have had to pay for our room and get the van fixed. So all in all it was a good idea we came home, I'm upset we could not make it to the beach this year all of us anyway. We may go in the spring but my niece is upset as today was her birthday and we could not be there with her. I may fly down my self and stay with my brother and nice since spirit is cheap and only files till November

Oct 4-11 2008 Bay Watch Resort
September 26 - October 3 2009 Breakers Resort
September 25 - October 2 2010 Bay Watch Resort
September 3 -10 2011 Myrtle Beach Resort
January 12 - May ? 2014 A rented apartment on 33 ave. N, Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 pm 

Cathy wrote:
Oh my gosh, when I saw Alan and Ruann I did a double take. I thought Alan got a new woman. I still don't believe that's Ruann!!!

Heck with Ruann....Who's the old guy next to her?
Ussually don't notice her changes in hair style and color. Did double take while back when I saw this one. Biggest fear was how many days had it been lightened before I noticed.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 pm 

Lauren, that is too bad that you had to give up your trip but it sounds like you made the best choice. Hope you get back to the beach soon.