Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:02 pm 

We (Connie, my son Chris, Daughter-in-law Amy, Grandson Cris Jr. and I will be in MYRTLE BEACH Aug. 14-21. Got a Pelicans game scheduled on the 18th. Any one open for a meet-up any one (or 2, these things are fun!!!) @ Kirk's? I for get the street we were on last year, but it was just off 17, up from Ocean Blvd. You can see in on the RIGHT going NORTH on 17. Those of you who met all of us last year will be SHOCKED at how much Chris Jr. has grown!! And smart too!!!! Anyhows, it's over 2 months away, so lets check in and vote. For those who can't make the 1st., we can always do a second one. I love there Reeses Peanut Butter Ice Cream, so having 2 bowls instead of one ain't gonna hurt (or so he thinks!! LOL!!!!!!) BURP ! :nanner: :wav: :nanner: :wav: :nanner: :wav: :nanner:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Jeff, I'm so sorry, but I will be gone from Aug. 12 - 24. (I'll be on a cruise with my sister-in-law.) However, Wally will be here, and I know he'll go IF HE REMEMBERS! I'm the keeper of our social calendar. All he has to do is report in when he gets home from work, and I take it from there. Yeah...seriously. Anyhow, I am very sorry not to have the pleasure of seeing you and Connie, as well as the rest of your family. Hopefully it won't be so long until you can get back here again.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 am 

Jeff:

We will be in MB from 9 - 16 August. We could see you on the 15th. Please let me know if that will work for you.

Thanks.

Frank (NH Dad)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:32 pm 

Sounds good to me. I'll put it on the board in the kitchen , where we're filling in nites for things to do. as of now, it's the meet-up, and the ball game . See you in a few weeks!!! Jeff :wav:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:27 pm 

Forgot to ask this IMPORTANT question: What time? With you leaving next day, maybe late afternoon, say 5-6 p.m. Or early evening, 6-7 p.m. since you will be traveling the next day, YOU pick the time. Whatever you want will be fine with us!! We'll be in a moroon mercury mountaineer with Va. tags, last 4 gigits (NOT in their order, it's the wife's vehicle) 1923. Should be easy to spot, as how many maroon mercury mountaineers with va. tags with the numbers 1923 are going to be @ Kirk's. (With MY luck, it'll be 3-4 dozen!!!LOL!). 13 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am 

Because this will be our dessert, 6 - 7 P.M. would be better for us. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am 
Site Admin

I'm really sorry I can't be there, but hopefully you'll get to see Wally.

I changed the subject to read Aug 15, 6 to 7 PM.

There are two Kirk's Ice Cream locations. This one is at 2500 N. Kings Hwy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:50 am 

Patrish:

I guess Wally will do. . . (smile).

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:56 pm 

Sounds good to US !!!!! We'll see ya there!!!!! Got the time written on the frigde calender!! Jeff :ac15[1]:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:47 am 

That's a lot to carry! But if the note helps, I guess lugging along a refrigerator to MB makes sense (smile).

It's interesting to note that I use one of the pens that you gave us last summer all the time. If I ever need a new well, I know just who to call!!

We're looking forward to seeing you all (all y'all).

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:49 pm 

GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't go 1/2 mile to the store and remember to bring the newspaper home to the wife. Now I gotta remember to bring a pen for Frank!!! I'm sure I can dig one up for ya (Well drilling co.-dig one up for ya, Ha ha ha . I'm a riot!!!!!) One thing I will do....leave the Red Sox jokes at home.....I promise!!!!
We'll have plenty of pens, and with a recent early birthday gift from my brother Joe, I'll have a laptop, so I can do a trip report just about every day. The Palms has wireless, and I'm hooked up for it, so doing a daily report should NOT be a problem.
See ya all Monmday night. Can't beleive we leave in LESS than 3 1/2 days from now (Wed. 7:45 p.m. Aug. 10). I hope to be on the road no later than 5 a.m. this Sunday. Gonna try a new route, and if we get lost, we'll still have plenty of time to "get it right" before check-in time.
Gonna load up the laptop w/ my software so I can empty camera every day of pics, so this year we should have PLENTY!!! I've got a digital, the wife has one, and the daughter-in-law has one. This year will be plenty of pics, and a daily log of the trip.
JEFF- NOTE TO SELF: FRANK NEEDS MORE PENS!!!!!
:wav: :wav: :hello: :nanner: :hello: :nanner: :hello: :nanner: :hello: :nanner: :hello: :nanner: :wav: :wav:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 pm 

Can we say..."excitement"...LOL...You make me think of my Dad...he loved to go on any vacation...but beach vacations were his fave!

JoAnn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm 

No need to bring pens, just remember the family. . .

We have been here a day and a half. Having fun as usual. It's great to be back in MB!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 pm 

Tonight at 6pm it was Kirks Ice Cream - Who could ask for a better place for a meet up. Thousands of flavors to select from and a choice of cones or cups. With Patrish being out of town, I was chosen to fill in. My only problem is that I know very little about post processing photos like Patrish does. The pictures are right out of the camera. Well they are cropped and adjusted a bit. I took several so that I could at least pick what I thought was the better of the group. By 6pm everyone had arrived and were already catching up on the family news when I arrived. It was a nice sunny afternoon in Myrtle Beach. Frank and Alison and daughter Jessica flew in from New Hampshire by way of a lay over in Atlanta. They, as usual, are a joy to talk with and catch up on their family activities. Jeff and Connie were able to break away from the Pelicans in favor of ice cream. They really do look forward to their Myrtle Beach visits and we look forward to the opportunity to see them. Their grandson Chris Jr. has grown a lot since last year and at 2 years old an ice cream store was the ideal stop. His dad Chris and mom Amy are wonderful folks to talk with and they are enjoying the task of being parents. Just look at the photo and you see "family" all over it. Hopefully everyone will post and add lots of additional comments to help me out. There was talk about getting back together before the end of the year with parts of this group. If the next meet up is also at Kirks, you can bet that I will be there too. If I am able to make this link, here's the link to the photos. http://myrtlebeachretirement.com/KirksI ... eetUp.html
http://myrtlebeachretirement.com/KirksIceCreamMeetUp.html

Maybe one of these will work. Where is Patrish when you need her? I'll post this and come back and correct as necessary. Hummm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:27 am 

BEAUTIFUL CLEAR PICS WALLY!! You done good and Patrish would be proud :hello: . It looks like a great time was had by all. I love seeing all those faces (bigger than an avatar) and putting names and posts together. Enjoy the rest of your vacation everyone~