Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reminder for Wed. May 11
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:04 am 

Hoping some locals and any vacationers will find the time to join us. Meet-ups are always so much fun and a great time to be with friends! Here is the link viewtopic.php?f=90&t=12103

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 am 
Site Admin

We had a beautifully clear and warm evening for the meet-up last night at 2nd Ave, Pier, and it was wonderful to see Emmy and her family again. The 2nd Ave. Pier is a good place to meet. Good food, free parking. and a beautiful view of the pier and coastline.

We always comment on how the meet-ups are like seeing old friends again, and in this case it's certainly true because Emmy, Paul, Symon and Emily have been coming to meet-ups for many years. Emmy is just as sweet and bubbly in person as she comes across in her messages, and she always makes me appreciate the beach more when I see it through her eyes.

There's a unity here that flows through all four members of this family, and if you are ever lucky enough to meet them, they'll wrap you right up in it too!

Here's the picture!

Emmy and Paul's son Symon, me, Emmy's mother Emily, Emmy and her husband Paul.

May 11 Meet-up

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 pm 

So glad you all had a great time! I'm still trying to convince my hubby to attend a meet-up but he's still leary of meeting people I have been talking to online. :wink:

Landmark Resort August 2005
Boardwalk Beach Resort July 2006
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2007, 2008, 2009
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2010
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2011, 2012, 2013
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2014
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2015

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm 

Thanks for sharing Patrish. Everyone looks so happy in the pic so I am sure it was a great meet-up. I am jealous :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:50 pm 

Nice group pic everyone, and for clja message board member......... we'll be visiting the same time as you. If you can convince your husband to come we always have a fun time with other members. Tell him I don't have a criminal record and neither does my husband. Patrish has known us since 2005 and she knows where to find me or report me to the police if I cause trouble :lol: We're all pretty harmless. You're welcome to join us for a meet up. We'll keep you posted.
PS I thought the same thing as your husband when my husband joined this board. I didn't want to meet anyone either but now I look forward to visiting with the members when I visit.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Christine, I've heard your story many times. Parents warn their kids about meeting someone "on the Internet." Then the next thing you know, the parents are telling the kids they are going to meet people they've never met before. Or it can be a husband, or a wife, telling their spouse they want to meet some people from a message board, and that goes over like a lead balloon.

But I'll tell you this. In EVERY case, once the opposing spouse attends a meet-up, they are perfectly willing to attend another.

In all truth, I have been amazed at how the meet-ups have made such a difference in my life. They are really a blessing to Wally and me. We have made new friends, and we've met some terrific people. All because of a message board, and other people who love Myrtle Beach as much as we do.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 pm 

Patrish is definitely right about this. I had been wanting to attend a MBMB meetup for many years but my husband, Chris was reluctant. Finally I convinced him that maybe it was not such a bad idea. We attended our first meetup this past December and we both enjoyed ourselves. Actually Chris probably talked more than I did. Of course having Patrish and Wally there that evening made it a special event. If we could have such a memorable time on a cold winter evening I can only imagine that a warm weather meet-up would be fantastic. Looking forward to the month of October in Myrtle Beach and maybe attending another meetup.

Judy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:00 pm 

Thanks everyone for your imput. I will work on Bryan and try to pursuade him. :wink: I'd love for him to join this board and get to know al of you here as well, but he works with computers all day long and has chat sessions for work so coming home and doing that isn't his first choice. :lol: I am a stay at home mom with a 1 year old and 3 year old so I love talking to people online, especially everyone here about Myrtle Beach! :cool:

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:04 pm 

Bryan said "sure" about a meet-up this year!!! :nanner: I posted in the meet-ups forum about a possibility. :mrgreen: