Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd Ave. Pier March 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 am 

Here we go. We met Scott and Denise last year and are looking forward to seeing them again this year. The plan, so far, is meet-up at the 2nd Ave. Pier on Sunday, March 27 at 5:30. We hope others are able to make it as well. There is an elevator if needed. We realize this isn't the time when many of the board members are here but meeting new people is always great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

In spite of the sudden cold spell, we had a fantastic meet-up tonight with Scott, Denise, Christine and Dave.

When Wally and I arrived at the 3rd floor bar at the 2nd Ave Pier, we found Christine, Dave, Scott and Denise enjoying drinks at the bar. After a short consultation, we decided to go to the dining room on level 2 to have dinner.

Seeing these message board friends again was, well, like seeing old friends again. Message Board meetups are always like this, and unless you've been to one, you might not understand.

We took up where we left off last time, and probably overstayed our welcome in the restaurant. As it turned out, today was Scott andDenise's anniversary, and they chose to celebrate it with us. How cool is that? Happy Anniversary, Scott and Denise!

Thanks to all of you from us. We had a fantastic time, and I think everyone enjoyed their food.

We asked our server to take a picture, but unfortunately it was a little out of focus, and the window cast too much light. But here it is!

http://www.funbeaches.com/spring-2011/3 ... meetup.jpg

I took this picture of Wally's Shrimp and Grits. I need to do a better job of documenting his favorite menu choice in the Grand Strand.

http://www.funbeaches.com/spring-2011/s ... s-pier.jpg

The food was good, and the company was better. Thank for scheduling this meet-up. It was SO good to see everyone again!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:39 am 

Looks like a great time as usual! Happy Anniversary Scott & Denise :love1: ~

These meet-ups are always so special!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:14 am 

Wow Patrish, you are quick on the take up. Last night was indeed a great time. It was so good to see everyone again.We meet Scott, Denise, Patrish and Wally last year. I can't say enough about a meet-up. If you haven't had the pleasure you are truly missing out. When members chat back and forth on this board it is amazing how you feel that you have a connection.That connection bonds and grows stronger when you meet people personally and share space.We are fortunate that there are members available to meet with in March. We have been here all month with great weather and I felt so bad for Scott and Denise that the weather has been so dull and cold for days. It was great to see you both again and to allow us the pleasure sharing your anniversary. We leave to go home this Friday and now have another great memory to take with us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm 

Location: Kernersville, NC (Physically), Myrtle Beach, SC (Mentally)
Thanks for all the well wishes for our anniversary! The meet up was really alot of fun, as it was said, it was like we picked up right from where we left off from last years. Patrish and Wally are very genuine folks, we look forward to seeing them as much as possible. Christine and Dave are a pleasure to be around and enjoyed thier company very much. This was Christine's planned meet up and I think she hit a home run with the location. Although it was gloomy outside, it was warm and sunny on the inside. The view was fantastic, food was good, and as Patrish said, the company was better! I said that we was honored to spend our anniversary with four fine folks and I meant that :beerchug: . Wish we could do this more often and we are looking forward to the next one!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 pm 

Happy Anniversary Scott and Denise! Glad you got to spend your special day with such special people! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 pm 

I just love reading the meet up reports and I especially like the pics. Glad you all had a great time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:35 pm 

Great group picture. I'm sure it was a nice meet up like always.