Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:34 pm 

This is a tentative schedule for a meetup on wed Aug.25 at 6PM, at the new boardwalk. The exact location for the meetup hasn't been decided, as there are a couple of restaurant choices.

If anyone knows an exact spot to meet up, then I am open to suggestions. We could just meet at a particular spot such as a park bench, then decide once we get there where we can eat.

Let's hear some ideas.

Past lodging: Aunts condo (1976-1978) Waterside Inn (1991 & 1992)

Days Inn Waccamaw (1994)
Emerald Shores (2008)

My restaurant history:

Olympic Flame Pancake house
Larry's Calabash
Benjamins Calabash
Filling Station
Southern Suppers
Gabby's Rib
Sea Trawler
Crabby Mikes
Ultimate CA Pizza
Crab House
Preston's Seafood/ Country Buffet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 pm 

Just at 2nd Ave today, you all should have a great time ! The lounge is on the 3rd floor and contemporary, yet "beachy". Comfy seating and awesome ambience... as Jan said "we could be in the Caribbean or South Beach" ! Unbelievable view up/down the beach with Radio Margaritaville playing in the background... The kids can go on the Pier for $1 per and keep out of your hair, plus you have a perfect view to watch for shenanigans.... heck, the kids might bring home the next night's dinner

Approximately 6 items on the "bar menu" for ~8/each, but the food was very good (though portions are relatively small...). Jan makes incredible Chesapeake crabcakes, yet complimented the chef on their crab-cake sliders. I had the Murrell's Mix which is a Cuban sandwich knock-off and excellent. Look on the board for drink specials as our server didn't mention them and "regular" prices are a bit high.

Perfect way to meet MBMB members and start walking the Boardwalk !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

We had a wonderful meet-up tonight at the 2nd Ave. Pier with Dave (Junction Guy), Emmy (Sun 'n Fun) her husband Paul, and their son Symon.

I don't have any pictures to share. Unfortunately, my camera lost its will to live last weekend and has been sent off to the Canon Service Center for evaluation and repair. However, Paul and Dave both had their cameras, so we should be seeing some pictures when they get home.

Wally and I have met with these message board members on previous occasions, so we were looking forward to seeing them all again. The 2nd Ave. Pier turned out to be an ideal place to meet. It's a beautiful location with fabulous ocean views. The lounge is casual, and we got there in time for Happy Hour. I ordered a rum/punch island drink for around $4.50. Appetizers were about $7.50 each, and everything was good.

As you already know, meet-ups are like catching up with old friends or family members you haven't seen in awhile. Although Wally and I knew both Dave and Emmy and her family, it was the first time Emmy, Paul and Sy met Dave. No problem. Without missing a beat, they were all fast friends in less than 30 minutes!

Another successful meet-up. Thanks for coming, Emmy, Paul, Sy and Dave. It was fantastic to see you again.

By the way, Dave has lots of interesting stories to tell …watch for his trip report!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:00 pm 

Paul and Dave, please post the pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:28 am 

Well, I made it home yesterday evening, and then went to bed at 9:30 and slept all night. Now I am trying to get unpacked and wash up my clothes, very busy day for me today.

Anyway, I had a great time at the meetup wednesday night. That pier was the best location for a meetup.

It was good to meet Emmy, Paul, and Symon. It was also good to see Patrish and Wally again. You all were such friendly people.

The pier lounge served a limited amount of food, so I chose the 2 appetizers for $15. I had bacon wrapped shrimp and crabcakes. The food was delicious, although the portion was small for my big appetite.

The view from the lounge was absolutely beautiful, and I can't think of a better place for a meetup.

Well I am going to answer a few more posts here, then I will go and post my vacation review.

Take care you all, and hope to see you at another meetup.

Dave

By the way, since I am technologically limited, I doubt I can post the pictures, but if anyone here has a scanner, I could snail mail the pics and you could scan them onto the board. I have never posted a pic on a board before, and not even sure if my webtv could do that.

Past lodging: Aunts condo (1976-1978) Waterside Inn (1991 & 1992)

Days Inn Waccamaw (1994)
Emerald Shores (2008)

My restaurant history:

Olympic Flame Pancake house
Larry's Calabash
Benjamins Calabash
Filling Station
Southern Suppers
Gabby's Rib
Sea Trawler
Crabby Mikes
Ultimate CA Pizza
Crab House
Preston's Seafood/ Country Buffet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am 

Well, we are back too!! It was the BEST trip ever if that's possible. I will post my trip report starting tomorrow. Just getting back to routine today :cry: .

The meet-up was perfect as usual! It was the BEST location. The view was amazing and the company perfect. Patrish and Wally are now dear friends so it's always like visiting with someone you are just so happy to be with!! They are such a delight and Patrish and I actually "get" each others humor so that REALLY helps. They are both such a blessing!

Dave was sooooo nice. The stories he told had us had us all in stitches. Very easy going guy which made the night even more fun!!

I will be posting pictures in just a bit...