Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 am 

Who's in for a meet-up? We'll be arriving sometime on October 16th, so anytime after that is great with us. Coldstone at Broadway?

:nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

We had such a fun meet-up today, and I only wish more of you could have shown up.

Unfortunately, Pat and their daughter were still sick and couldn't make it to the meet-up. The whole family has been some kind of bug, and they've all been to see a doctor. Ric brought their 1-year old granddaughter, Bailey, but unfortunately they couldn't stay too long. I'm really sorry I missed seeing Pat!

As you can see from the picture below, Bailey is a sweetheart. Not only is she cute as can be, she smiled at everyone, did a lot of jabbering, and held her arms out to anyone who wanted to hold her. Better watch out, Pat and Ric, she may grow up to be a politician!

Jack (Hondo) and Emily will be leaving tomorrow, so I'm glad they were able to come to the meet-up. I can't believe it has been two years since I saw them last! Maureen (Maureen) and Ron celebrated their 2nd meet-up. I think they've gotten over any worries about "meeting people on the Internet." Peter (Happy Hacker) and Lynda have been having e-mail problems, so they just showed up, and it was so good to see them again.

Left to right: Ron and Maureen, with Lynda behind them. Ric and granddaughter Bailey. Jack and Emily, with Peer behind them.
http://www.funbeaches.com/Oct.09/meetup.jpg

Bailey:
http://www.funbeaches.com/Oct.09/Bailey.jpg

I enjoyed this meet-up a lot! Thanks to all of you for giving up a little of your vacation time to meet other members on this great board. It means a lot to me.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 am 

It was so nice to meet such wonderful new friends. We were so surprised to see Peter & Linda there, they are from Portsmouth England and I had 'talked" with them before via message board, so good to see them "live"
Really enjoyed listening to Emily's Southern accent, it was as warm as she is!
Pity it was cold or we could have enjoyed ice cream at Stone cold Creamery.
Not only have I got over fears of meet-ups but can't wait for more of them! Thanks Patrish for the great work you do.
Maureen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 pm 

Maureen,

Doug & I had the same fears about meet ups. Makes you feels kinda funny after you find out how wonderful everyone is. Of course Doug still walks around like someone is going to stab him in the back :lol: not so much the locals but some crazy message board member :roll: He cracks me up. Glad to hear your are enjoying them. It really is fun meeting new people.

Deanna