Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 pm 

Well with just a couple weeks to go and my excitement level off the charts i decided it was time to start planning a meet. Although if anyone cant make this one and want to private message me perhaps ill give you my cell# and we can get together later in the week.... As i am sure there are two Kirk's the one for this meet is: Kirk's 1890 Ice Cream Parlor
2500 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC (843) 626-3422. I already called them and they are open untill 11pm every nite that whole week. So i would LOVE to meet everyone. Really hoping and praying that lots of you (both locals and out of towners like us) will be able to attend... Really looking forward to meeting all of your smiling faces.

Take Care

Chris :joker:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

We had a fun-filled meet-up tonight! As everyone already knows, these meet-ups are more like a family reunion than a meeting of strangers.

Thanks to Chris for scheduling this one. Chris and his wife Candace were there with their two beautiful daughters, Jocelyn age 2, and Ayden age 4. I asked Chris how he discovered our message board. He said he was searching for Myrtle Beach information one day when he came across our board. He was amazed to find a group of people who were as crazy about Myrtle Beach as he is!

We also got to meet Candace's sister Scarlet and her husband Mike who are staying with them.

It was wonderful to see Betsy and Nathan! They are leaving in a week for Lyon, France where they will teaching English to French college students. I know many of you have been following Betsy on this board since she joined us as a high school student. If you would like to keep up with her new life, here's a link to her Journal:
http://bet_zinfrance.livejournal.com.

Here are Chris and his wife Candace:
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup/chris.jpg
I tried to get pictures of their daughters, but they were too camera-shy.

Here's Nathan and Betsy:
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup/nate-betsy.jpg

As always, it's good to see Bob and Bonnie. Just look at Bonnie's wonderful smile and you can see why everyone wants to be her friend! Bob has a great sense of humor, and he kept us all entertained.
http://www.funbeaches.com/meetup/bob-bonnie.jpg

I love meet-ups! Y'all are the ones who make this board worthwhile! Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:21 pm 

We hadn't been to a meet up for awhile. It was good to see some familiar faces and make new friends. Plus now I now what I look like when I try to smile and eat ice cream at the same time! Not a good look as far as I'm concerned.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
Jim Valvano 1946-1993

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:39 am 

just taking a minute from how busy we have been.... from the bottom of my heart... to all that made it.... thank you for being there.... it was wonderful getting meet you all... just know that you all really helped make a very special MB memory that we will treasure... Bob... i think the ice cream smile is cool....

take care

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:54 pm 

Thanks for the pics Patrish its nice to put a face with the names.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:26 pm 

the ONE suitcase I asked the wife not to even try to pick up---she did. Got it about 1/4 of an inch off the car floor, and "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, MY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKK!". She got very little sleep Sat. eve., and after I awoke Sunday, she finially agreed, and LISTENED to me..of to the hospital ER. After spending about 4-5 hours there, then waiting for the Rx's to be filled, she took the 1st. dose about 4 p.m. By 4:15 she was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!! LOL!! I could have gotten het to go parasailing AND bungee jumping if I wanted to. She was feeling zero pain, and had this really funny look on her face and in her eyes. I know she was in a great deal of pain, but to see her like that was funny. Not making light of the situation, but if you knew my wife, seeing her in this condition was a total opposite of her stern seriousness.
Next time, maybe, just MAYBE, when I ask her NOT to pick a certain item up, maybe she'll listen. Tho, I wouldn't mind seeinh her like that again, all $#%&*@'d up!!! JUST KIDDING!!! She is feeling much better now, tho the 6 1/2 hour ride home didn't help the recovery yesterday.
So....that's why we weren't there. Maybe some of you will be there between Dec. 26 and the 31st., and we can schedule one then? Time will tell. Take care peoples, and hope to see you the next trip to MYRTLE BEACH. (( I have had a severe back muscle pull myself, and I know how painful it is. I AM NOT making fun of the situation, nor am I trying to make this not as serious as it was. But, by looking at it as having been there, done that, and then seeing somone else go thru it, now I know how I must have looked when I got tanked up on the pain killers. So please, I am NOT trivializing the situation, and if I offend anyone by seeing the funny side of this situation, I'm sorry. So please, don't leave any crude disparringing remakrs about how cruel I may seem to be. I am not that type of person. THANK YOU. ))