Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 pm 

This is Patrish, editing Cathy's post to reflect the actual date and time of the meet-up.

Broadway at the Beach
Thursday July 16, 2009
7:00 PM
...at the fountain in front of Tripps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

We had a lot of rain and thunderstorms tonight, so I'm sorry if some of you couldn't make it to the meet-up due to the weather.

To those who did show up, thanks so much for being there.

I missed seeing Deanna last year since I was out of town when she and Doug were here, so it has been two years since I've seen her. She's just as beautiful as I remember, and it was good to get caught up on all her family news.
http://www.funbeaches.com/summer_2009/deanna.jpg

Cathy, thanks for setting up this meet-up. It's always good to see you and Rich. (Some of you know Rich on the board by his username, Shirtman.) We've said before that meet-ups are like a family reunion, and that's especially true whenever we see Rich and Cathy. Of course we blamed Cathy for the rain, but she laughed it off with her always positive personality and sense of humor!
http://www.funbeaches.com/summer_2009/cathy.jpg

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Leo looks a lot like Tom Hanks. Here he is with his lovely wife Charlotte. I'm proud to call them my friends.
http://www.funbeaches.com/summer_2009/charlotte.jpg

I wasn't sure Vicki (Mz Kitty) and her husband Kay would be able to be at this meet-up. Kay had some health problems, but thanks to Waccamaw Hospital he was with us tonight, sassy as ever, and full of energy! Vickie is a sweetheart, and I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time together this year. Here they are with Leo.
http://www.funbeaches.com/summer_2009/vicki.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject: Thanks So Much.....
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 am 

For posting of pictures from tonights meetup. Everyone looked wonderful & healthy. One Of these days....I am going to get to meet a few of you!!

Brenda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:15 am 

What a great meet up last night. :nanner: I truly had a great time catching up with everyone. I am sure none of us will soon forget the lightening strikes and thunder that entertained us as we met. I always walk away from the meet ups thinking how very lucky I am to call these people my friends. Kathy thanks for setting up the time & place. You & Rich are always a blast to visit with. I bet you guys laugh all the time. Wally & Patrish you both are just so easy to love. Patrish we are grateful for your hard work here on the board and to Wally for being right there by your side. All these friendships would have never evolved without you. Two years ago I didn't get the opportunity to visit with Wally except for a quick hello but let me tell ya he is a true gentleman. I really enjoyed getting to see that side of him last night. Kay & Vicki are always great to visit with. Vicki always has a smile one her face and you just want to give her a big hug. Wishing Kay a speedy recovery. Of course there is Leo & Charlotte...This was the first time I had met Charlotte and I just loved her. She has a beautiful personality. I now know why we love Leo so much :lol: it's that great lady he has on his arm. Leo you are one of a kind.

I am going to put a plug in for the meet ups...if you have never had a chance to go it only takes a few minutes out of your vacation. I know it is hard to get away but I am so glad I did. Also, you won't find a person that is more backward than me when it comes to getting to know new people. This group just pulls you right in and makes you feel at home.

Gotta go enjoy my last day at the beach :cool:

Deanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 am 

Deanna - I totally agree with what you said. We have gone to a couple meet ups and only stayed for a little bit but both times everyone was so friendly.

Like Deanna said, if you ever get a chance to attend a meet up - go - you won't regret it. Even our sons in their 20's thought it was OK. The first year they couldn't believe I was going because I had always told them not to talk to people on the internet they didn't know so I had to eat a little crow but that was OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 am 

Location: Kernersville, NC (Physically), Myrtle Beach, SC (Mentally)
I agree with Deanna. We made our first meet up earlier this year and it was like meeting family. We were welcomed with open arms and at the end of the night, we felt warm. We still talk about it from time to time and can't wait until we can make another. Since we were not able to make it to you, we went to Tripps locally in honor of those who was there last night. Thanks for the pics Patrish!

Scott and Denise

Post subject: Meetups
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:32 pm 

Hope Kay is doing better. What nice photos. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cathy you are so photogenic. I'm jealous!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

Post subject: Sorry we missed you
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:45 pm 

So sorry 2 miss the meetup. Got stuck in Murrell's due to storm. Hope U had a good time... Sorry this is cryptic ~ we are doing this on A's PSP... More later. Regrets, Jeff

In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina
Can't you see the sunshine
Can't you just feel the moonshine
Ain't it just like a friend of mine
It hit me from behind
Yes I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind
-James Taylor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:53 am 

sorry we missed it also but we dont venture forth during storms maybe next year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:23 am 

One of these days we're going to make it to one of these! It was great to 'see' everyone there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:55 pm 

That storm was nasty Thursday. Hopefuly I can make it to a meet up atleast once. Something always seems to happen or get planned at the times of the meet ups for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:14 pm 

I think we set the record for this meet up with the record breaking thunder/lightning storm night. We brave ones showed up. No hail though, but I know Charlotte (Leo's wife) is very used to walking in hailstorms.

Even though we had to stand tightly together in a small space we were able to still chat although I wish I could have talked more to Patrish, Wally and Deanna. It was difficult and I apologize but the rain just wouldn't let up for us to get out and chat more. Thanks to everybody who came and thanks Patrish for the work you put into this board.

Deanna,it was good to see you, you look great! We spent some time with Vicki and Kaye Sunday morning for breakfast so that gave us a chance to chat then. Good thing.

Leo and Charlotte , thanks for coming. We had a fun enjoyable time at dinner with both of you.

For those of you who did not make it, maybe next time. And Lisa, thanks for the compliment about the picture, even though I think I look bad in pics.

Until next year, everyone take care. Cathy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 pm 

It was great to see everyone again. It may have been storming, but it didn't dampen anyone's spirits. Deanna, it was great to see you and Doug again. Wish we could have talked more. We had a chance to visit with Cathy and Rich on Sunday morning at breakfast and were glad to see them again. It was wonderful to see Leo and Charlotte. I wish we could have stayed longer and talked to them more. Patrish and Wally, it's always so good to see you. Thanks for all you did to help me through a difficult time. Hopefully when we return in Septmber, we can visit more then. Once again, it was a great meet-up.