Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Off topic, Cheddars
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:26 am 

Finally got a Cheddars in my part of the world :nanner: . One opened up in London, Kentucky a few weeks ago. Ate there a couple of nights ago and it was just as great as the rest. One hour wait wasn't the best considering I was there at 4 o'clock, but it was worth it. Anyone traveling to MB via I-75 should consider stopping here. It is located right next to the interstate off exit 41.

For those of you not familiar with Cheddars, you are missing out on the best value in the industry. I've yet to find a place that compares in quality and price. The decor of the places are fabulous, yet most of the food is under 10 bucks. I even think their steak and shrimp entrees are not more than 14 or 15 bucks. Six of us ate for under $50 and that included one mixed drink and an appetizer. Can't wait for one to open up in MB one day.

Post subject: Re: Off topic, Cheddars
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Wish we had one here. We've eaten at one in NC and enjoyed it, but the closest is Faytetteville.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 am 

patrish wrote:
Wish we had one here. We've eaten at one in NC and enjoyed it, but the closest is Faytetteville.

I would say it's just a matter of time before one opens in MB. I've been to them in Lexington, Louisville, Covington, and Knoxville, and one thing they all had in common was big crowds. I've yet to go to one during normal eating times and them not be packed. One would do great in MB. Wouldn't be able to get in the things during tourist season, but in the off season it would give the locals a chance to enjoy a nice meal at a reasonable price. London is not a huge town at all and they got one. Nice interstate location, but just an average size population. That bodes well for a place like MB getting one in the near future. Maybe Wally can find a great piece of land in Surfside and open one up. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 pm 

Too funny. We stayed at the Quality Inn in London this past Tuesday night on our way to Florida. When we pulled off the highway and I saw Cheddars I mentioned to my hubby that I had heard about it on the message board. Crowded isn't the word! I don't think there was a parking space available and it was only 4:30. We were too tired from travelling to wait in line. Hopefully we can give it a try on our way home. One in Myrtle Beach would be great.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:20 pm 

Christine wrote:
Too funny. We stayed at the Quality Inn in London this past Tuesday night on our way to Florida. When we pulled off the highway and I saw Cheddars I mentioned to my hubby that I had heard about it on the message board. Crowded isn't the word! I don't think there was a parking space available and it was only 4:30. We were too tired from travelling to wait in line. Hopefully we can give it a try on our way home. One in Myrtle Beach would be great.

The one in London will be hard to get into for a while. If I wanted to try one I would go to one in Lexington, KY that is on Man O War Blvd. Not sure of the exit number, but do know it is the next one past 104 if heading north. If you turn left off the exit it is about 1/2 mile on the right. Would be easier to get into.

Last edited by MBKY on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:37 pm 

Rumor is we are getting one in Chattanooga very soon. :nanner:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 pm 

We actually ate at one last weekend.. our first time at a Cheddars. We were home in Gastonia, NC & they now have one there. Mom, Dad, my cousin Laura, Danny & I went and boy, did we have a long wait! Told us 32-38 minutes (how can they narrow it down to the minute?) but they were WAYYYYY off! After an hour's wait, our buzzer went off. Worth the wait. It was fantastic!!! Danny & I had the spasagna which was delicious, mom & dad tried the chicken pot pies which they both loved. I forgot what my cousin had. At any rate, bill was only $65 plus tip for 5 people & that included cousin's beer. So much food we had to bring it home in a to-go box. Sure wish we had one here in the Upstate and definitely wish there was one in MB!!!!!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:00 pm 

Next time someone from this board goes make sure to take a pic of the $4 onion rings appetizer. Don't know how they possibly stack them that high on a plate.
. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 pm 

I saw this discussion re Cheddars just before we left for MB via our friends in Fayetteville so, of course, we all went out to try something new. Sorry we didn't get a picture but the wonderful onion rings were just 2 tall towers on the plate. Came with a spicy dipping sauce and a ranch-type dip. The nachos were also very nice. Rather than a pile o stuff on a plate, the ingredients were on individual 2 -3 bite chips with a side of sour cream ad salsa. We had half chicken and half beef. Both were good.

Of the 4 of us 3 had burgers. All liked the crispy crust and flavor of the burger. We had a lovely dinner and our waiter (Scott) was terrific.

Since we'll be visiting with our friends on the way hone in a couple of weeks, I expect we'll go again. Thanks for the "heads up".

Mary Ellen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:42 am 
Site Admin

I wonder if they take reservations. Probably not. Even if we get one in MB, it would still be an unbearable wait. (Anyone remember when Margaritaville opened and people were reserving their table a YEAR in advance?) :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:54 pm 

Don't think they do reservations.. How is Margaritaville doing right now? We quit going because price / quality just didn't match up? Cheddars definitely not going to run people away based on price. Lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

>...How is Margaritaville doing right now?

I don't know....good question. They are still in business, so I guess that's a good sign. It has been awhile since we were there last, and that was just because friends from out out town wanted to go there. It's the sort of place people like to visit once for the "Margaritaville" experience.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
How funny ...London ky is my hometown !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:07 am 

We will be stopping there on Saturday for the night on our way home from Florida. Hopefully we will get to Cheddars this time. On our way down they had just opened and it was SOOOOOO busy and we were too tired to wait in line.

Post subject: Off topic, Cheddars
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:11 pm 

Strange enough we have one an hours drive from us, and went to it. Loved it. Then, recently, we went back and were disappointed. Have wondered since if it could probably be different chefs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk