Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 am 

I stumbled upon this site looking for non-smoking restaurants in the MB area. You can click whatever you are looking for (early bird, non-smoking, vegetarian etc.) and it will list the restaurants in that category for you. Could be old news for some but for me it's brand new...LOVE IT!

http://www.grandstrandrestaurants.com/d ... earch.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:03 am 

great site!just looked it up, didn,t know this one was out there thanks for putting it up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:47 pm 

Thanks, Emmy. Our daughters visit each year when we are in Myrtle Beach and our youngest is a vegetarian. Very helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

The Chamber is doing that page like the lodging...so you can drill down to what you're looking for by checking various boxes. Pretty foxy programming work!

But I wonder how many total restaurants are in the database, and if they have to be Chamber members to have a listing. And if they are Chamber members, do they pay extra for this listing.

When I choose...
...and click only Dinner, Fine Dining, Seafood, and Seafood a second time in the 2nd box, I see only Crady's in Conway.

When I choose...

...still with only Dinner, Fine Dining, Seafood and Seafood ticked, 7 restaurants come up. Seafood House is a pub in Surfside. Dead Dog is good, but it's not Fine Dining.

Where is Lee's Kitchen (voted top 10 restaurants in Southern Living? I could add many others but I won't go on and on.

I think it's a good site to add to an arsenal of review sites. It contains lots of ooohs, ahhhs and options in the database, but the restaurants seem limited.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:06 pm 

Thanks, Emmy! I didn't have this one! While there, I tried the same search as you - "smoke-free facility" - and it was so nice to have the results pop up! Great site! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm 

patrish wrote:
The Chamber is doing that page like the lodging...so you can drill down to what you're looking for by checking various boxes. Pretty foxy programming work!

But I wonder how many total restaurants are in the database, and if they have to be Chamber members to have a listing. And if they are Chamber members, do they pay extra for this listing.

When I choose...
...and click only Dinner, Fine Dining, Seafood, and Seafood a second time in the 2nd box, I see only Crady's in Conway.

When I choose...

...still with only Dinner, Fine Dining, Seafood and Seafood ticked, 7 restaurants come up. Seafood House is a pub in Surfside. Dead Dog is good, but it's not Fine Dining.

Where is Lee's Kitchen (voted top 10 restaurants in Southern Living? I could add many others but I won't go on and on.

I think it's a good site to add to an arsenal of review sites. It contains lots of ooohs, ahhhs and options in the database, but the restaurants seem limited.

Was thinking the same thing. Must have to be a member of chamber of commerce to get listed. I typed in South Myrtle, barbecue, and nothing comes up. I know their are some barbecue places in that area, so they must not be a member. It was a good find, that I had not ran across. Would be helpful to people not familiar with the area, but does leave out some hidden gems.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 pm 

Emmy, thank you for posting this site. It definitely will come in handy. Good job.
Judy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:01 am 

Yes you must be a Chamber or Hospitality Assoc. member to be listed, that's why there are only about 225 listings, yet there are around 1900 places to eat in the area. The restaurant fills out their own business profile for the listing.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for confirming that, Gary!

Quote Gary:
The restaurant fills out their own business profile for the listing

LOL! I won't even touch that line! :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
I do not think that they are uite "honest" as far as smoke free facilities.
My husband and I visited Angelo's Steak and Pasta a few times, and were bothered by the cigarette smell.
Although the restaurant has a non-smoker section, the cigarette smell is so pervasive that it gets to you. They even had ashtrays on the tables of the non-smoker section.

However, the restaurant is listed on this website has a non-smoker facility. Not!!! :BandHead:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 pm 

I am allergic to cigarette smoke. I have an asthmatic reaction to it.. But you know, in all the restaurants we've been in we've never had a problem... even if smoking is allowed, they have a non smoking area which has never failed us.. like I said, (we haven't been to the nightlife type establishments,) but we've had no trouble.. My husband is a professional piano technician, and loves piano's and even plays a little, and we have ALWAYS wanted to go to some place like the one that has the dueling pianos, or simply piano playing, but have been afraid to attempt it because we don't know the 'smoke' situation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:22 pm 

Chick, I don't know when the last time you were at Angelo's, but there is no smoking any where in the new restaurant and there was no smoking for the last 4 or 5 years in the old building.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:38 pm 

Yep I do know there is a lot more freedom from smoke now in restaurants. Isn't it great ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:07 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
gary2beach wrote:
Chick, I don't know when the last time you were at Angelo's, but there is no smoking any where in the new restaurant and there was no smoking for the last 4 or 5 years in the old building.

Gary

Gary,
We went when we first moved in Myrtle Beach, in April of 2008. Thanks for letting me know. We will have to give it a try!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:30 am 

Well, maybe it wasn't such a great site :dontknow: