Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:18 pm 

Went to Carrabbas this past trip for the 2nd time and again it was FANTASTIC! Oh my goodness I wish we had one of these places here near us.
We started with a beer and a glass of wine because it was still happy hour and everything was greatly discounted. Sy had Seafood Cannelloni which he declared was amazing, Paul had a filet of beef Marsala and a piece of chciken covered in goat cheese, and I had Linguine Pescatore which was shrimp and sea scallops tossed with linguine in a spicy marinara sauce. It was HEAVENLY. We shared desserts which were a warm fruit tart with ice cream and the Ogno Di Cioccolata "Chocolate Dream." A rich fudge brownie brushed with Kahlua with chocolate mousse, fresh whipped cream and homemade chocolate sauce. get the picture...mmmm. Service was very good and we really enjoyed ourselves. We give this restaurant an A.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

We went to Carrabbas on our Aug. visit, we were Carrabbas virgins :oops: , and we loved it!! Food was fantastic and so was our server Nikos! Emmy, I also has the Linguine Pescatore, and I wanted to lick to bowl :clown: ! I agree though, that it is pricey for a chain restaurant, but so is Bonefish Grille and several others! Probably will go back this Aug when we return to MB! My wife is not Italian, but she needs Italian food at least once a week :???: !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:31 pm 

So glad you liked it Ron! This is literally on our must do list for almost every trip!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:28 pm 

Carrabbas is a good choice. MB just has so many choice though that it's hard to fit everything in each year. We went their 2 years ago and it was great, but had so many other favorites that it didn't fit the schedule this year. (Two years ago was also a two week trip, so that probably made the decision easier.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:15 pm 

Too funny..... we recently went to our local Carrabbas with Kelly who turned 21 on Christmas ! (geez... I'm feeling old). Wanted her to experience her first "real" happy hour with her parents so we bellied up to the bar and she ordered a glass of wine.... and didn't get carded. Geez....

Unfortunately our local Carrabbas is nothing to write home about. The service at the bar was outstanding, but the food was only "ok", so not worth the price considering how many Italian places we have around (anyone been to Little Italy in Baltimore ?). We spent 2 days in Tuscany and 6 days in Roma last summer, perhaps our taste buds are totally out of whack to "americanized" Italian... we are spoiled ! :nanner: