Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd Ave. Pier
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 pm 

We had our meet up here. They had a special on for March which was a good deal. 2 for $25 but it wasn't offered we had to ask for the special so if you didn't ask you didn't get. We had the spinach artichoke dip with nachos to start. It was good and there were lots of nacho chips. We both ordered the fried flounder which was lightly breaded and tasty. Our meal also came with garlic mashed potatoes and cole slaw. For dessert we ordered Key Lime Pie. I don't always like this as sometimes it is too sweet but this was very good. It was served with a tart raspberry and lime drizzle that cut the sweet taste and was also a great presentation. The company definitely complimented the meal.

Post subject: Re: 2nd Ave. Pier
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 am 

mmm key lime pie is my favorite! I'm always looking for a good one, thanks for your review! Haven't been the pier, we might have to try that in May!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for writing a review, Christine! In addition to the beautiful view and the excellent company, the food was very good at 2nd Ave. Pier!

We also took advantage of the 2 for $25. special. For the appetizer, we ordered the shrimp cocktail. 5 large shrimp and plenty of cocktail sauce. I don't know about you, but I love cocktail sauce, and the shrimp serve as a vehicle to get it as much of it as I can into my mouth. Wally ordered the Shrimp & Grits, pictured below. He is fast becoming the go-to expert for reviews on shrimp & grits at the many Myrtle Beach restaurants. If they are on the menu, he orders them!
http://www.funbeaches.com/spring-2011/s ... s-pier.jpg

I ordered the fried shrimp, which were good, and for dessert we shared a sinful chocolate cake topped with ice cream and a fudge sauce.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 am 

Come on Christine, you knew about the 2 for $25, I posted this special back on March 12 or so :)

Glad y'all enjoyed your meet-up, to bad you did not change it to Franks in Pawleys and y'all could have joined us for our fundraiser for the Atlantic Surfing Federation, which was the same time as your meet-up.

Stay well and smile

Gary

"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life,
the whole aim and end of human existence."
-Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 pm 

Yes, we did know about the special that is how we knew to ask. It wasn't offered, only when we asked did she go and get the special menu sheet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 am 

It's not the servers job to let people know there is a special going on to save money, that takes money out of their pocket, as well as the restaurants :)

Yes they will tell you about daily specials as they are usually profitable to the restaurant and not inexpensive.

Pomadoras tonight for banquet, KTs favorite place.

Y'all stay well and keep smiling

Gary

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the
price to make them come true."
-Leon Suenens

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:06 pm 

Really yummy meal was had by all. We had a special that was an appy/main course/ and dessert for $20.00. We thought it was a great deal. Wally and I had the shrimp and grits and although salty it was still tasty. Patrish and my mom had the flat iron steak which they both proclaimed was very good and Paul had the filet and stuffed shrimp and Sy the fried flounder. The desserts came out warm and with ice cream. The view is amazing, the waitstaff good, and the company of Patrish and Wally...priceless :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:47 pm 

Friday of our vacation was cool and overcast. Our kids had left that morning so my husband and I decided to go for a ride in the car and ended up at the 2nd Avenue Pier Restaurant around lunchtime. Wow, what beautiful views from this restaurant. In my opinion, they have a limited lunch menu. John had the grouper sandwich, french fries and water and I had the crab cake sandwich, onion rings and water. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating (my husband special ordered the grouper sandwich -- on the menu it was a grouper ruben sandwich) and the food came quickly. The total was $23 before tip. Next time we come down for vacation, we'll have to bring the entire family. This would make a perfect place to eat upon arrival at the beach -- surrounded by ocean, sand and hotels.
Angela