Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:02 pm 

We love this place! Their motto is: Classically Shabby – Home of Shrimp, Beer and Blues. They have live music, but we’re yet to see that. We went there in 2009 for dinner and the band was setting up but we left before they came on. We sat outside on the deck and there were a bunch of other people there – I even noticed that one couple had their dogs sleeping under the table. In 2010 we went for lunch and sat outside on the deck again. It’s quite shady there, so it wasn’t too hot sitting outside. We love the atmosphere and the food is awesome too. They also have a great beer selection. Though we always try to find new places to eat while in the Myrtle Beach area, we will keep returning here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm 

I loved this place! I'm so glad we went. It's defintley one i'd want to visit each trip!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:12 pm 

My 2011 review of Pawley's Island Tavern:

Even though we like to try new restaurants each trip, we always go back to Pawley’s Island Tavern (PIT). We love the atmosphere here and the food is pretty darn good too. It’s in a very out-of-the-way location behind the Mole Hole. There are a bunch of tables, a bar and stage (for their frequent live music) outside. I’ve only ever been inside to use the restroom and it was smoky in there. We always enjoy the food here and they have a heck of a beer selection too. While we were there this time, we met a very nice woman and her 2 year old daughter. We sat at adjoining tables and chatted through our entire meal(s). This trip my husband had the grilled snapper with rice and mixed veggies and water and I had the crab cake with rice and mixed veggies and water and it was $52 before tip.
Angela

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

OK...we need to try this place.

For the longest time - up until just now - I have confused Pawleys Island Tavern with Pawleys Island Deli:

It just dawned on me that these are two different restaurants because you mentioned BEHIND the Mole Hole, and I'm like Whoa! Maybe it's old age or possibly it's too many years of happy hours. Whatever...I'm adding this to my "to eat" list. Before I get confused again. LOL!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:34 pm 

Patrish, please do! And let me know what you think.
Angela

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Finally! We made it to the P.I.T. It was excellent!
http://pawleysislandtavern.com/

I often have lunch with my friend Gail, but when we decided this would be a great place to take our husbands for lunch, it took longer than we thought to
work out the dates. Either Gary was working, or Wally was working. Even after scheduling a date, we had to make changes a couple times due to
their work schedule. FINALLY the date arrived. Both husbands made comments on the way to Pawleys Island, such as "Gee...if we knew it was such
a long ride, we would have packed a lunch or eaten a snack before starting out." We tuned them out, as wives can do after many years of marriage.

When we finally arrived, and after we were seated, the menu became the big topic of discussion. (You can view it on the link posted above.)
Here are pictures of our lunch choices.

Gary ordered the Psycho Burger. He likes his burgers on the rare side, and the PIT will cook them to order. From the menu:
"Psycho Burger - Our mind-blowing burger with pimento cheese, chili, bacon, jalapeños, sautéed onions, and slaw, topped with an over-easy egg and
splashed with Pawleys Island Sunburn ™ Sauce... Can you handle it? $10.00

The answer is YES! Gary cleaned his plate!

Wally ordered the special hamburger of the day. It was served with lettuce, tomato, 2 onion rings, onion, and pickles, thick Applewood bacon, a special
bbq sauce and home made chips on the side for $7.95. (I ate the 2 onion rings, so you can't view them in the picture.)

Gail enjoyed the crab cake. She said it was fresh, well-prepared and delicious. Made with a 1/4 lb. of jumbo lump crabmeat. Served with fresh fruit,
pasta salad, and slaw. $10.96.

I ordered the Chef's Salad. Fresh garden greens, veggies, turkey, ham, swiss, and cheddar cheese $7.50

We'll be sure to add this to our list of favorites, and go back again!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm 

YUMMO! Thanks for the pics...that all looks soooo goood...now I'm hungry!