Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:58 pm 

Here is a link to their website: http://www.smokinhotbbqmyrtlebeach.com/

Mike and I both ordered the Pulled Pork Stack sandwich which comes with a small serving of coleslaw and your choice of side for $8.95. Mike had fries and I had hush puppies. The pork comes "naked" and they have a variety of sauces on the table for you to choose from. The sandwich is big and not short on pork. The buns are buttered and grilled - that to me makes any sandwich better! The slaw was really good, but a very small portion, I guess because most people use it as a condiment on bbq rather than a side dish. The puppies, I think there were 5 or 6, looked a little too brown, but they didn't taste over cooked at all. Lightly seasoned and not an over powering onion taste. The fries were really good and seasoned. We plan to go back again - it was that good!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:07 pm 

Great review - was wondering about this place. We love a good BBQ place!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:54 pm 

My parents as well as my sister and her family all went here in June. It was one of the worst experiences they'd ever had. In the end, their bill was nearing $100 and they ended up paying about $20 as most of their food was comped. They witnessed other parties experiencing the same issue and even some people just walking out. I personally found it odd that while we were at BF Landing for fireworks, people were waiting outside at T-Bonz, River City Cafe and others while the Smokin Hot Southwest BBQ place didn't have even one patron sitting inside at a table. I'd be very surprised if it makes it through the winter still in business.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Talk about mixed reviews!!! All restaurants are going to have bad days and good days. Guess Mike and Jan hit on a good day and Phroggy on an awful day. Maybe new personnel getting their act together? Anyhow, it will be interesting to see what happens.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:45 pm 

We really liked this place. Rich had the pulled pork sandwich with 2 sides included, he chose fries and brunswick stew. The meal also came with a portion of coleslaw. There was alot of pork too. Alot of sauces to pick from.

I got tacos, yes they had them, in a soft shell, with pork in them, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and included was salsa and sour cream. It came with a choice of 2 sides and I got coleslaw and brunswick stew. Delicious.

We each had a soft drink. The bill with tax was 26 something after my 15% discount with a coupon I had.

The waitress was very nice, efficient too. It wasnt busy at the time, but we liked the food and prices are comparable to others that are not fine dining.