Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fiesta El Burro Locco
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:14 pm 

Co written by my husband Brian and I after our August 06 visit:

This place uses top-quality ingredients and does a fine job of preparing them. Shredded beef instead of seasoned ground beef was a pleasant surprise in the beef enchalida. The platters arrived piping-hot with a nice portion of fresh, cool shredded lettuce and diced tomato. There was not the layer of grease you sometimes find at other mexican restaurants. (hello, Garcia's?) The chips and salsa were both good quality, although the latter was sadly lacking in the "heat" department. Staff happily offered a bottle of hot sauce to remedy the situation. Margaritas were EXCELLENT! No room for dessert but they offer many tempting options.

In fact, our only complaint would be that the food in general was a bit bland for our taste. Then again, we have a bad habit of comparing all Tex-Mex food to that of the Rio Grand Cafe' in Bethesda, MD.

Our receipt contained a coupon for a free basket of croissants at one of their "sister" restaurants - Carolina Roadhouse. That was a nice plus as we had already planned to dine there also. (And when you dine at Carolina Roadhouse, the reciept contains a coupon for free fried ice cream at Fiesta El Burro Locco!)

Word of advice: Arrive by 5pm during the busy summer months or do "call ahead seating"if you prefer to avoid a potentially long wait time. By 5:45 PM, the waiting area was getting packed and people were waiting outside.

A definate on our "must do again" list! :notworthy:
Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:34 am 

From our Dec. 2006 trip:

Dinner was at Fiesta Del Burro Loco. Even though everything on the menu sounds great, I cannot turn down the shrimp fajitas. Dakota got the kids pepperoni pizza cooked on a tortilla, and the biggest kid size pizza I have ever seen. We got a fried ice cream to share using a coupon that was on our Carolina Roadhouse receipt (sneaky marketing, but it works). Food was great and plentiful, and the service was great

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ctmorris
http://www.RisingPhoenixHealthandFitness.com

Oct. 2003, 2004 - Caribbean Resort
Oct. 2005 - Breaker's Paradise Tower
April 2006 - Crown Reef
December 2006 - Landmark Resort
August 2007 - Dayton House
November 2008 - Monteray Bay
April 2015 - BayView on the Boardwalk
Oct 2016 - Bay Watch Resort NMB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:31 pm 

o mann..i love el burro loco! Their chimichangas are to die for! Anyone looking for a Mexican restaurant should not miss this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:09 pm 

After we checked out we went to Burro Loco for lunch. I must say this was the best food we had while we were in Myrtle Beach this time. I had a shredded beef burrito. Lorraine had Tres(3) Enchiladas. It has one cheese, one beef, and one chicken enchilada. Nich had the Chicken Taquitos . We all loved the food and the service was great. This was our first visit to Burro Loco and we will go back for sure. The atmosphere is fun also.

Jeff

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Wally and I like to split their Traditional Nacho appetizer (8.50.) Great taste, and they serve enough to feed the entire message board.
Here's the website which shows their menu:
http://204.202.243.44/burrolocco/burro-intro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject: Loved it!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:48 pm 

Our brother in law wanted to go out for Mexican and although we, too, love Mexican - we never ventured to Mexican restaurants in Myrtle Beach ever before. We chose Burro Loco because of the fact that it was more casual than Abuelo's. My husband and I both decided to order Plato Mexicano and it was really very good. The leftovers were good the next day, too! We will definitely go to this restaurant again. My very favorite on the platter was the chile relleno but the whole platter was wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:01 am 

We ate at Del Burro Loco when we were down last week. This is our second time having dinner there and like the first time the food was really good. This year we used the call ahead seating because we had 13 in our group. After arriving we only had about a 15 minute wait. We ran into BobL whose was with a large group as well. I think we were seated at 5 minutes ahead of him (which was surprising knowing his pull in this town.) As far a the food goes everyone loved what they had ordered and commented it was their best meal so far this week. Their food is not really spicy but I think that is keep the weak from crying in hot sauce pain. We love Mexican and if MB did not have so many choices on places to eat this would be a regular for us. But every couple years will suffice unless we crave some great Mexican.

Our 2006
and 2007
Myrtle Beach
Trip Report

Post subject: Loco Burro
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:01 pm 

We ate at Loco Burro's during our visit to MB. If you love Mexican food check out Loco Burro’s I loved the décor!! The food was excellent and the service great. They have quite a selection. 3 adults/2 children ate for approximately $55.00 See my pictures

Sandy Beach Resort Aug 2010
Captain's Quarters Aug 2007
Pier View Summer 1984
Few times as a child

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 pm 

OMG! I think I've died and gone to Mexican food heaven! Mike and I really like mexican food, but the more "domesticated" not so spicy type. This was perfect for us! We had a big bowl of chips/salsa and they also had free wings. The wings sort of choked me up, :oops: and I had to quickly gulp my first iced tea to put the fire out. Like I said, we aren't hot and spicy food lovers.

I ordered the 2 combo special and chose a shredded beef taco and chicken taquito. Mike had shredded beef taco and enchilada. The 2 combo special is $8.95 and comes with rice, chopped lettace/tomato, and your choice of beans.

We would definately rate this place a 10. The food was fantastic, service was great.

We are going to Carolina Roadhouse Saturday night, so we'll be getting our freebie basket of croissants :mrgreen:

Before leaving, I asked our waitress if they sold their chips by the bag. She said no, but I can get some with salsa to go. FANTASTIC! No charge either. Beach time snacks for tomorrow! :nanner:

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:01 am 

We ate here our last night at MB. We were suppose to eat at Capt. Georges, but plans changed and my parents left Fri. instead of Sat. so Jon and I decided we'd do Mexican for dinner. Jon is not a Mexican fan, but we both LOVED this place. It was hands-down our best meal the whole week!! It will definitly be a must-do every trip down. We had the Con queso and chips, which was plenty just as a meal. We both had the Plato Mexicano... so much food! Everything was delicous. If you enjoy mexican food, and maybe even if you don't, you have to try this place!!!

...Lena...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:59 pm 

We went to Burro Loco for lunch on Oct. 6th.

Very yummy. I had a chicken and a beef enchilada - Andrew had soft tacos - Catriona had a hotdog wrapped in a tortillia.

Service was excellent - food was delicious and fresh. Our bill for the above incl. soft drinks and a beer was @$35 tax and tip in.

Andrew is not a big fan of Mexican food - so I am just glad I could convince him to eat here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm 

We went back to Burro Loco last Monday and once again in opinion was the best meal we had while we were in town.
I had the Chicken Chimichanga.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3087/2561367908_2464f29219_o.jpg
It was cooked perfectly and quickly I might add. The service was great. We took advantage of their call ahead seating policy and were seated right away after arriving. Lorraine and Nich loved there food as well. Lorraine had enchiladas.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2560546251_b4f773df7f_o.jpg
Nich had chicken taquitos.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/2560545985_6affc4845e_o.jpg

We love this place and is now a favorite for us. The atmosphere, food, and service are top notch. I talked to the manager on the way out and I could tell he really cared what I thought and was very nice.

The look of satisfaction!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/2560545387_486a6af01f_o.jpg

Jeff

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

Our party of eight went to El Burro Loco and we loved it. If anyone has noticed, we went to a lot of noisier places because of the four children, even though they were very well behaved. Phyllis and I split a sampler meal, shared some with Eddie(who is an eating machine), and still had some to bring back to the condo for lunch the next day. How much food do they think someone could eat!?!?! Again, this really isn't a great place for dieters, but I did everything in moderation, and everyone else loved the place!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:50 am 

This was one of the very first places I ate at years ago on my first trip to MB, and I still love it. The chimichangas are amazing!