Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mexico Lindo's
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:34 pm 

Mexico Lindo's is in North Myrtle and is located about 10th ave south. We had a very good Mexican dinner there last week. Service was good and the portions were huge. In fact, my wife and I shared a single order of Texanas Fajitas (steak, shrimp, chicken). The order was so big that we couldn't finish it between the two of us!

Good food at a good price. We'll be back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am 

Apologies for resurrecting a two year old thread, but just wanted to chime in concerning Mexico Lindo, especially as it doesn't seem to be recommended as some other higher profile establishments.

The wife and I stopped there during our visit last fall. If I recall correctly, we were looking for a different highly recommended place that we weren't able to find.

Tired of looking, we settled for Mexico Lindo and it was quite fortuitous that we did.

I won't claim to be some great world traveler, but I have been to Mexico a few times and Mexico Lindo was as good as any of the best fare I'd had in Mexico and definitely better than anywhere around here in the Nashville area, which has a large Mexican immigrant population.

The OP might be interested to know that in my humble opinion, the best Mexican fare I've had here in the USA is at Mi Pueblo in Fairmont, WV, right down Rt. 79 from Morgantown. Don't know what it is about that place, but I know I'm not the only one that thinks so. That's my benchmark and Mexico Lindo is a solid second.

Anyway, we enjoyed Mexico Lindo so much that we made plans to return during our vacation visit. Sadly, we won't be able to go this fall as we are going to Santa Rosa Beach in the Florida panhandle. We've been offered the free use of a beach home by its owners and with gasoline priced what is and likely will be, that's an offer difficult to refuse, especially as both of our vehicles are SUVs and SRB is a few hours closer...

That said, we'll definitely be back to MB at some point and Mexico Lindo is a must-stop on any future vacation itinerary.

Highly recommended. :nanner:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:20 pm 

Brian and I hit Mexico Lindo's for our big Easter dinner out (I know, what where we thinking??? Initial dinner plans didn't pan out and we didn't feel like cooking late in the day so plan #2 - we went in search of our always delicious and dependable mainstay, "Thai Season". Upon arrival, we discovered that this Easter Sunday was also Thai New Year and they were closed. Started thinking about plan #3 and saw Mexico Lindo next door. The thought of a good Margarita beckoned to us...

Unfortunately the food was downright awful and tasted like something that had been prepared earlier in the day and simply nuked. Brian's chicken enchilada dish had a cool center and my enchilda and chili poblanos was not better - had some type of melted cheese that tasted like white american and had the consistency of glue. I'm not sure if that's what it was, but it didn't hit the spot! We were greatly disappointed.

The Margaritas were ok. We were both going to order a single drink (3.99 per) but the waiter talked us into a pitcher at a substantial savings, $10.99. The drinks were pretty good, once you got beyond the half pitcher of ice!

I think we might have done better at Taco Bell. However, Mexico Lindo was packed last night BUT we steered clear and went to Thai Season instead.

Perhaps just a bad day...

Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:29 pm 

beachxcape wrote:
...Perhaps just a bad day...

Could be.

We went there on Good Friday for the lunch buffet. My wife actually had a weekday off for a change, and I didn't have to work until 11PM.

It was really good overall; the enchiladas were excellent, especially the chicken ones, with a very tasty and smooth sauce and cheese-combination topping. Everything was hot and cooked to a nice consistency.

The only fault I could think of was that the flan (caramel custard) was not very smooth and tasteful; it was a bit bland and more porous rather than creamy the way I like it.

We both just had sweet tea - I don't drink at all and she rarely does - but the tea was also excellent, with attentive and friendly service.

I believe our total bill, with drinks and tip, was under $20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:09 pm 

Definitely. We were there back in March and it was just about as good as we remembered.

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience!

A lot of people don't take to that Mexican white cheese. I've even seen on a local message board the claim that use of such is "inauthentic..." I will say this: That's all I saw in Mexico when it came to cheese with dishes. Nowhere did any establishment serve dishes drowned in sharp cheddar like the Tex-Mex places do, such as El Burro Loco, the defunct Chi-Chi's, etc. I prefer queso blanco, but different strokes for different folks! :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queso_fresco