Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bandito's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:50 am 

My husband is not a huge Mexican fan, so I was surprised when he agreed to go here. After the visit, though, he wanted to go again! This is a fairly new place right on the boardwalk.

Three of us went for lunch. Unfortunately weather was not great so we had to sit inside. This restaurant is right on the beach and you can walk up to it directly. Nice outside bar and seating, some of it is covered.

We started with chips and salsa (free). I loved it. A little spicy for my husband. Next was an order of guacamole and an order of queso. My mom and I split the guacamole. It was excellent. My husband loved the queso.

The menu listed several kinds of tacos, individually and with sides. I thought one taco per order? And then they came. I had the fish taco with black beans and rice. I could not finish it. The fish was grilled mahi and it was excellent. Nice slaw dressing/relish on the fish. Mom had chicken taco and she liked hers as well. Husband had seafood burrito or enchilada. It was stuffed with crab and shrimp and had a cheesy white sauce. He said it was the best Mexican he ever ate.

Since it was raining, we hung out for a while and had 2 gigantic margaritas (except for husband who was DD - he had one beer). The margaritas were excellent - not the best I've ever had but certainly very good.

I'm sure on a nice sunny day this place is packed. It was fairly quiet during our visit and service was great. Will definitely make a return trip here.

:cheerleader:

Post subject: Re: Bandito's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for this review, Sher! We have not been to Bandito's yet, but it's in an excellent location!

Glad you enjoyed your meals! Did they have a separate menu for lunch when you were there? I looked at their website, but the lunch menu said "coming soon." There are no prices on other menus, except the Drink Menu. And the "daily specials" all say "Text goes here." (Wonder if fries come with that text! :clown: )
Maybe their printed menus at the restaurant are more complete than this.

www.banditosmyrtlebeach.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm 

Thanks for the review! We were going to try Bandito's in May, but ended up back at the Landshark - they've got some great queso and chips, too! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:06 am 

They had no separate lunch menu when we were there. They did have several specials. They told us they have a fish special every day depending on what is fresh and available. The prices were pretty reasonable, even for lunch. I think the tacos were about $4.95 and then an additional $3.00 or so the beans and rice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:31 pm 

Banditos - 1410 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 - http://www.banditosmyrtlebeach.com/ - Temporarily closed until 2018

My parents and I came here in October for dinner. There was only one other table occupied besides ours inside and there were about 4-5 parties sitting outside on the patio.

Our server came to the table with chips and salsa and took our order. We ordered the Southwestern Egg Rolls appetizer (chicken, beans, corn, spinach, peppers, and cheese) with sweet thai chili sauce and avocado ranch dipping sauces. The egg rolls were great. We also ordered the guacamole appetizer, which was yummy. My father ordered the Banditos Chili (homemade chili with beef, black beans, kidney beans onions, peppers, and cheese). My mom ordered a Chicken Quesadilla (chicken, cheese, poblano peppers, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole). I ordered the Arroz Con Pollo (grilled chicken over mexican rice and topped with queso). Everything was fresh and tasty.

The major downside is paying $10 for parking. It's $10 all day, no matter what time you park. I know it's not the restaurants fault since the city of MB put up the pay stations for the boardwalk and beach access, but it is an added expense.

Chips and Salsa

Southwestern Egg Rolls

Guacamole

Banditos Chili

Chicken Quesadilla

Arroz Con Pollo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 pm 

Quote:
Temporarily closed until 2018

Wonder what the over/under odds are it will re-open ? Hopefully the owners are part of the investment group re-developing that plot. Glad to see the upgrades !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:21 pm 

KirkG wrote:
Quote:
Temporarily closed until 2018

Wonder what the over/under odds are it will re-open ? Hopefully the owners are part of the investment group re-developing that plot. Glad to see the upgrades !

My dad told me he doesn't think it's going to re-open. The articles I've read said Bandito's will come back, but you never know. I read that they planned to offer everyone their jobs back as well. When I took a look at their Facebook page, I read several angry comments about how the closing was dealt with. 3 weeks before Christmas, they notified their staff by email that they lost their jobs.