Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Wally and I ate dinner here tonight, Aug. 16, 2012. We had a coupon for $10. off 2 regular priced entrees, and I wanted to give it a try. As some of you know, this restaurant has received a mixed bag of reviews.

I ordered the Chicken Fajita Salad 13.49. It consisted of mixed lettuce with generous slices of avocado along with sliced onions, peppers and topped with chicken breast, sliced and grilled. The chicken was tender without any fat and grilled perfectly. Dressing on the side, and two pieces of buttered toast which I saved for the ducks in Lake Broadway.

Wally ordered the Parmesan Chicken 15.99. It was a large breast of chicken covered in cheese sauce and surrounded by fried potato bites.

We did not order appetizers, desserts or drinks.

We both felt our entrees were good, but overpriced.

However, this was a fun place to eat, and I guess the entertainment and the BAB location are factored into the price. There was a lot of music, singing, dancing and interaction between the wait staff and the patrons. Our waitress, Angelica, could not have done a better job. She was so attentive to our needs, stopping by the table several time to be sure we were doing well and didn't have any requests.

This would be a great place to take your kids. All of them seemed to having a wonderful time. This is NOT a place to eat if you want to have a quiet conversation with your dinner partner.

The bill:
Chicken Fajita Salad 13.49
Parmesan Chicken dinner 15.99
Discount certificate: 10.00
subtotal: 29.48
Tax 3.39
Total: 22.87

1. Parmesan Chicken

2. Chicken Fajita Salad

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 pm 

Food looks yummy, Patrish...I do not think any of the places we have been to would be good for quiet conversation... :roll: It might just be me, but I think most are so relaxed when they come to BATB...that they are just ready for good times...no work...little stress...either at the end or beginning of vacation(we are usually there on a Friday evening). I miss the beach already :cry: oh well...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:43 pm 

We ate here on 9/12/13 and were "eh" about the place. I LOVE the location. We were at BATB shopping and once some of the stores closed up, we decided to stop in here to get something to eat. The waiter was great! He was nice and personable. I ordered tamales or soemthing with breans and rice. The servings were HUGE, but the food didn't have any flavor. It wasn't awful, but we had already eaten at Abeulo's earlier in the week and it blows this place out of the water! There was also a girl that came around to our table like 10 times trying to sell us shots. I told her I didn't drink, but she kept coming back like she didn't remember. Gotta give the girl credit for trying, but how many times do I need to say I dont drink? By the time we got back to the hotel my husband and I were both feeling sick. We threw our leftovers in the trash! I think next time i'm at BATB, I'd skip it.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

I have heard from several locals that this restaurant has dropped in quality since I first posted about a year ago. Just a heads up .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall