Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm 

Sarah insisted on Mexican food one night, so we decided to try Salsarita's Fresh Cantina. It is located on Highway 17 Bypass in a little plaza at 38th Avenue North (there is a BiLo and other businesses there). Many of the books (Sunny Day/ Monster Coupon) have coupons for free nachos. They have a great promotion where kids eat free after 4:00 pm.

It is difficult for me to give a review for this restaurant, because it was NOT what we wanted. The food was delicious and prepared perfectly... but it is a fast-food restaurant where you order at the counter and feel rushed to decide what to put in your food. There are many other mexican chains that are similar (Qdoba, for one). Basically, it is like getting a sandwich at Subway. You order the shell and the meat, and then start having them add what you want to it. I felt very rushed, and would have really preferred to sit down and order something off of a menu, especially for dinner. There were people in front of us in line and people behind us, and several people rapidly working in assembly-line fashion. "What do you want in this? What else? What else?" Pleasant, friendly people, but I simply felt rushed.

Again, the food was excellent and the prices were very reasonable (they have $3 Margaritas all day). If you know what you want and are looking for a restaurant like this, you'll probably love it. But if you are looking to sit down and choose something that was created by a chef, then this isn't the place for you. I hope that is a fair comment, because it was our fault for not having a better idea of what type of restaurant we were going to. Here is their website: http://salsaritas.com/

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 pm 

We tried them when they first opened that location about 2 or 3 years ago (they recently opened a second location at Barefoot Landing).

However, we went knowing what to expect as far as their ordering/serving method - as we went based on their very informative commercial at the time on local TV33 ( http://www.tv33mb.com/ ).

Similar experience as yours; we just haven't returned as we prefer a more traditional restaurant setting for Mexican food...