Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Our message board member, Italianblend, posted a review of Rosa Linda's in his trip report. You can view it under "Day 2" here:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12827

Wally and I had dinner at Rosa Linda's in Murrells Inlet tonight. We arrived in the rain at about 6 PM. The parking lot was almost empty, but the OPEN sign was on, so we parked and went upstairs to the restaurant. Several other couples and a family arrived later.

The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired, and we were a little surprised at how dark it was inside. A few more brightly colored lights would add nicely to the atmosphere. We visited this location back when it was Hoof 'n' Fins, and it doesn't look like any changes have been made on the interior.

Here are some menu items, along with the prices. Note…this is not the full menu, but I hope it will give you an idea of the various dishes and costs.

Appetizers: $5. to $8. include a variety of Nacho combinations (5.00) 2 varieties of chili (6.00) Wings $7, Bean Dip $5., Texas Fries $6. Rosa Linda's Seafood Stew Cup $5./Bowl $9.

Fresh Salads:
Side Salad $4. Grilled Portobello Mushroom $12, Caesar Salad $8,

A La Carte:
Rack BBQ Rib $14, Cosmic Burrito $9, Quesadilla $6, Burrito $8, Tacos $3.50 to $6.00

Side Dishes:
From Rice Pilaf to Slaw, you have a lot of choices! 10 items, all prices at either $1.50 or $2.50

Burgers and Sandwiches:
There are 6 burgers, priced at $8. and $9. Other sandwiches are priced $8 to $10 and include Fried Shrimp, Pulled Pork. Grilled Fish and more.

Platters:
Over a dozen to choose from! Prices are $11 to $12 except for Papa's Seafood bag ($18.) and Fajitas - Beef, chicken and/or shrimp ($16.)

Kids Menu:
4 menu choices, all priced at $5.

Desserts:
Mexican Caramel Flan $5
Fried Ice Cream $5.
Mexicana Mudd $5.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bondie: $5
Carrot Cake $5.

Wally and I both ordered the Fajitas. He chose steak and shrimp, while I opted for chicken and shrimp. The servings were much more than any one person needs to eat, and I brought half of mine home for tomorrow. We both thought our dinners were good. The picture doesn't show all the red and green peppers and onions buried beneath the chicken and shrimp, but they were plentiful and remained hot in the glass dish throughout the time it took to eat it. The 3 Fajitas were kept warm in a separate covered dish.

We split a Mexican Mudd (frozen Chocolate Mousse) for dessert. Our waitress, May, assured me that she left the calories in the kitchen. It was delicious! Next time I think I'll opt for a couple desserts instead of dinner, especially now that I know they are calorie-free! :clown:

May did a great job making sure we were happy with our menu choices and checking by often to see if we needed anything else.

We had purchased one of the restaurant.com coupon at 80% off, so we paid $2.00 for a $25. certificate. To fulfill the requirements, we needed to order $35 worth of food, drink, desserts…whatever we wanted...to make the figure come out to $35. I know that sometimes alcoholic beverages are not included with the restaurant.com discount, but that is not the case at Rosa Linda's. You can order whatever you want.

Would we go back? Yes, but I think we'll wait until summer when they have live music and it's not pouring down rain!

Here's how the bill totaled out with the restaurant.com discount:

2 huge glasses of water with a big slice of lemon- no charge
2 fajitas - $32.
1 Mexican Mudd $5.00
Total $37.
less coupon $25.
Tax $3.90
18% gratuity $6.67
Total cost $22.57

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am 

Looks Wonderful...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 am 

Thanks Patrish!! Looks yummy~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:10 pm 

Used to eat at the Rosa Lindas that was up by the Old Pros Table when they were both there really liked them both!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm 

sounds and looks delish!

JoAnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am 

I remember when Rosa Lindas had the large building on 17 Bypass in the Inlet on the corner near
Mioba's (spelling), it was really good and reasonably priced.

Patrish I think you forgot to add in the original $2 for the cert in your total :)

$16 for fajitas even with shrimp seems a bit high to me.

I remember the big whoop to do when Hoof n Finz opened and they had Chef Michael from NY, my 1st meal there was a scallop dish for $24, (as the coupon king I had a BOGO entreee free) well when the plate was served I looked and asked where the rest of my food was, there were 3 scallops on this huge plate and they looked lost, I cut them into 4's so they would last longer and make me think I had more food than I actually had, they were expensive, yet, they were some of the best things I ever tasted.

Stay well and smile

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:03 pm 

If you haven't eaten at Rosa Linda's in Murrells Inlet, you won't get an opportunity any time soon. It has officially closed "due to circumstances beyond our control" according to the owner.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
Jim Valvano 1946-1993

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:31 pm 

I was literally there, 2 weeks ago. =(

It was so good, it reminded us of the food from when it was at North Myrtle.

Does anybody know what happened?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Source:
MyrtleBeachRestaurantNews
http://tinyurl.com/6njdj6u
By Becky Billingsley

Click on the link above to read the entire article!

Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012, Murrells Inlet - Rosa Linda's is returning again, this time with menu changes and more than one location.

On Jan. 11, general manager Michael Daugherty and a few other workers were cleaning the restaurant at 3415 U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet in preparation for a reopening in mid-February, after Valentine's Day. Restaurant owner Ray Watts, Daugherty said, was looking at possible sites at the north end of Myrtle Beach for a second Rosa Linda's location, and that eventually the plan is to have "numerous" Rosa Linda's restaurants.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 am 

I'm glad it's coming back. I enjoyed the food.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am 
Site Admin

I purchased a Rosa Linda coupon through rocketgrab. Cost 10. for 20. worth of food or drink.
http://www.rocketgrab.com/locations/myrtle-beach-sc

Some friends told us about the coupon, and said their meal was very good.

We got there around 6:00 PM on Sat. July 14. This is the first time we've eaten there since the new management took over. We talked with General Manager, Michal Daugherty, who told us they had purchased the name from the previous owners, and he was proud of the fact that there's no microwave at Rosa Linda's. All menu items are created with fresh ingredients. He told us that the Rosa Linda crowd consisted mostly of locals, word of mouth. That made me chuckle because it's certainly true in my circle of friends.

We both ordered the Southwest Combo for 10.99. We figured it would be a lot of food, but since we missed lunch we were both hungry. I knew as soon as I saw the plate that I would not be able to eat that much food. But it was quite good and we enjoyed the nice variety and presentation.

The staff was friendly and our waiter came by the table several times throughout the meal to ask about the food, drinks, and and if there was anything we needed. The decor has been spiffed up since our last visit, giving it a more enjoyable atmosphere.

Live music was playing outdoors (there's a bar downstairs) and several picnic tables were filled with people who seemed to having a world of fun. I'm so sorry I didn't have a camera with me.

You can read the review on MBRN. Both the review and the Rosa Linda website are linked just below.

http://www.myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.co ... indas.html

http://rosalindascafe.com/