Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am 

Going down a few weeks later than normal this year. The kids summer sports schedule is a lot more hectic in June, so we decided mid-July would work better. Will be back at the Plantation Resort Presidential Villas this year. 131 days until we pull out at 4 a.m. and head south to the beachc so let the countdown begin. Thinking about trying Pop Pop's Pit Barbecue this year. Has anyone been there? Tripadvisor reviews are pretty good and I think the place is not too far from Surfside.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 am 
Site Admin

Have not been to Pop Pop's but heard good reviews!

Let the countdown start!!! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm 

Only three weeks away from loading the vehicle. Already beginning to take care of some stuff around home that needs to be done before vacation. Let the fun begin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 am 

Two weeks from today and I should be close to Columbia on the way to the beach .

Oil change and a couple of tires on the car this week. It's pre-trip time. Love it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:52 am 

This pre-trip thing is getting real. The wife has started putting stuff in the suitcase. :hello:

Got the oil changed and new tires last week. Housecleaning, last mow, stopping the mail, vehicle cleanup all coming this week. I'm pumped. Every day is filled with departure in mind. 5 1/2 sleeps left until we pull out at 4 am on Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Keep counting those sleeps. It will be here before you know it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:44 pm 

Only a few more days!!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & Finally 2019!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am 

Ughhhhh!!!! Worst pre-trip week I can remember. I am a person that likes to plan everything out and everything I have wanted to do this week has been thrown a curve ball.

I had planned on an oil change and a couple of new tires for last week and got that done. After getting those two changed and looking at the two I had left on I decided to go ahead replace the other two. I found one matching one on eBay with good tread, but had to go to Walmart for the other. That meant two more trips to the shop to get each one mounted. Ugh... I get those two on and decide to drive it a few days to check everything out and low and behold I notice a wobble in the steering wheel when I apply the brakes. (This is the wife's vehicle so I'm not driving it much). Yep, another trip to the shop to turn the rotors.

Did I mention I was going to vacuum the car Tuesday evening , but the skies opened up and put a halt to that. The car is currently in the shop getting a fender repainted and I will be lucky to get it back until Friday. That's why I was wanting to get the vacuum part out of the way on Tuesday. I hate doing the entire car detailing the day before departure. Just zaps you for the drive down. Oh well. The forecast looks good for the drive down. Much better than the last two or three years of fighting the rain on the day before or drive down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm 

I just replaced all 4 tires, windshield, oil change etc all on my car..also cleaned the entire thing (took 3 days).

We hit rain off and on all the way down last year, it was terrible. Outside of Richmond we almost came to a stop because the wipers couldn't keep up for how fast the rain was falling.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 pm 

budwash435 wrote:
I just replaced all 4 tires, windshield, oil change etc all on my car..also cleaned the entire thing (took 3 days).

We hit rain off and on all the way down last year, it was terrible. Outside of Richmond we almost came to a stop because the wipers couldn't keep up for how fast the rain was falling.

Don't you hate to detail the car and it rain on the drive down. Thank the Lord for rainx but that doesn't help the wash job that you spent hours doing.

It rained the first hour or so of our trip last year. Bye bye wash job. The year before it rained most of the day before departure. Had to load cargo carrier in the rain. At least the forecast for MB and KY has no rain for either day. Hope everything in-between is the same. Makes it much more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:48 am 

MBKY wrote:
budwash435 wrote:

Don't you hate to detail the car and it rain on the drive down. Thank the Lord for rainx but that doesn't help the wash job that you spent hours doing.

It rained the first hour or so of our trip last year. Bye bye wash job. The year before it rained most of the day before departure. Had to load cargo carrier in the rain. At least the forecast for MB and KY has no rain for either day. Hope everything in-between is the same. Makes it much more enjoyable.

It's the absolute worst. I had my trim looking awesome and by the time we got to NC it was all spotty again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 am 

Did I mention earlier that this week has not gone as planned? Well, I found out yesterday that the car won't be out of the shop until this evening. I was really hoping to have the detailing job done by noon and kind of ease into loading the car and cargo carrier. Now it's going to be a mad rush go get everything together and hopefully get a few hours of sleep until we pull out. Maybe the beach gods can at least throw us some decent weather after having such a bad pre-trip week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am 

That is a lot, it takes me over 3 days to do my entire car as I'm always strapped for time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm 

budwash435 wrote:
That is a lot, it takes me over 3 days to do my entire car as I'm always strapped for time.

I quit doing the one day detail years ago, but this year it just didn't work out. Got the car back now but it's hot as heck out right now and I dread even getting started. Don't worry though, I would never leave the house with a dirty vehicle inside or out. I better get started. Sunshine and sand awaits.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:46 am 

Wow. What a day and a week. Ended up tying down the last strap of the cargo carrier at about 10:30 p.m. Finally laid down at 12:00 am and it's now 2:45 a.m and I'm about get up and get in the shower. Less than 3 hours of sleep and getting ready to head out for a 7 hour drive. Wish me luck. The beach awaits.