Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:31 am 

With our daughter in college, this short trip was supposed to be a fun Fall getaway for us empty-nesters. I have to be in Raleigh for work on Friday and Saturday and Misti is coming with me. We are planning to slip down to Myrtle for 3 short days to just sit in the surf (and to surprise Patrish and Wally at the meetup next Tuesday). I researched for two months before finally choosing (and paying a non-refundable deposit) for three nights at the Grande Shores. Looking forward to checking out this resort and the quiet area where it is located.

So... we need for Florence to take a big old turn northward and go back out to sea so that Scott can have his precious beach time in 2018. I haven't touched the sand since last November, and I'm not going to be able to get my money back if we have to cancel. But the most important thing is the safety of everyone in the path of this storm. That's an even better reason for Florence to turn back to the sea!

Last edited by Scott & Misti on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:21 am 

No refund even if there is a mandatory evacuation?

Scott & Misti wrote:
. . . and I'm not going to be able to get my money back if we have to cancel. But the most important thing is the safety of everyone in the path of this storm. That's an even better reason for Francis to turn back to the sea!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:57 pm 

I doubt it. It was a "pre-pay and save" special. I got a really, really good deal by paying it all in advance, but the condition said that it was non-refundable. Frankly it's not a great deal of money so I'm not concerned about that. I'm just frustrated because we are rarely able to take any time off in the Fall and I picked this date 4 months ago. I waited until last week to finally make the reservation, and then boom... here comes a Hurricane.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:11 pm 

Hope things work out for you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:37 pm 

Hopefully it will go a little farther north and Myrtle Beach will be spared the brunt of the storm. Fingers crossed you can get in there by Sunday. If not they most certainly should refund your money or at the least let you reschedule.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:32 pm 

Well, we just cancelled. They are having mandatory evacuations. I was to leave on the 12th, but maybe October will work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:14 pm 

Hotel called me this afternoon to let me know that they wouldn't be operational for my arrival on Sunday and would be giving me a full refund. That's super nice of them, and so I'll try the Grande Shores next summer for our vacation.

Stay safe everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:40 pm 

That's good about the refund...considering the weather. Was looking forward to meeting you. The lady I rented from is sending my money back, I should get the full amount too I hope. Ill see when the check comes. With evacuations I should get a full refund too I would think.

She then emailed me and said maybe I could delay my trip a few days. Not with work I told her, there is a schedule. If I was retired maybe it wouldnt be a problem.

I did change my vacation to a week in October, but dont know what Im doing yet. Depends on the destruction at the beach.