Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 am 

I bought this book for $15 through a special deal that I found posted online but the normal price is $25. I had never been to Myrtle Beach so had no pre-conceived notions about favorite places or anything so figured that I would let this book be my guide. Also, when you buy the book you select a charity that some of the money goes to which is a nice touch.

There are a ton of places in here that if you strictly ate “out of the book” for a week, you would save a ton of money, but you have to be willing to drive as the places are spread out all along the Grand Strand. After a day in the sun, the last thing I wanted to do was drive, so didn’t get as much use out of it as I wanted to but even with only 3 uses, I still ended up about $15 dollars ahead, plus like I said, some of it went to charity as well. But if you plan right or maybe stay in a different area, then you might get more use out of it than I ended up getting. If you are a golfer, there are a lot of options in here that look like they can save you a lot of money. There are also a lot of entertainment options that we weren’t able to take advantage of due to our slightly less than 2 year old that would have not had the patience for them.

Although I did not have trouble using it anywhere, none of the places seemed to have seen these coupons before which seemed odd to me. Also, if memory serves correctly, the Sticky Fingers coupon for Buy One Get one Half Off was unlimited use; however we were told that their policy is to staple the coupons to the receipts that they keep which not only prevented us from using it again, it also prevented us from using the coupon on the flip side had we wanted to.

I’m not sure if I would get it again or not at this point though. I just found it too hard to drive by so many other restaurants that looked good just to use a coupon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:58 pm 

Hi Troy, glad y'allenjoyed your first stay in myrtle beach, sticky fingers has new mgnt and this may have been the confusion there, it is overwhelming with the number of places to eat, yet other really good places close to you were, calibakers, Greg Normans for lunch and Barron's to name a few.
Maggi moos at barefoot is pretty good for icecream and offers a buy one get one.

Excuse
the typos my PC crashed a week or so ago ordered a new motherboard and it was defective, new one coming this week I,m on my tablet,

Gary