Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 am 

Has anyone gone to the Murder Mystery dinner at House of Blues?
We have caught some good bands at the Deck in the past and would love to hear reviews about that event. Really don't want to pay $42/person if it is lame.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:48 am 

My family and I have done it twice. I was younger when we went the first time so I really enjoyed it. I had always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner after I saw one on an episode of The Golden Girls. I think the last time we went was maybe 4 years ago and it was okay.

The theater is at the top of the building, so there are quite a bit of steps to climb. Your seat is a wooden folding chair and it was a bit uncomfortable at times. The menu was the same both times we went and the food was good/decent from what I remember. They may have changed the menu since we were last there, I'm not too sure. You get three courses: salad, main course and dessert. There is a vegetarian option (I remember this because the lady sitting next to me ordered one.) There was water, tea and alcohol to drink. The last time we were there, we had a cast member sitting at our table, so it was fun to interact with her.

It's a bit hard to say whether or not it's worth it to go. The actors are goofy and over-the-top most of the time. There are cheesy lines and a raunchy joke here and there, so if that's your sort of thing, I think you would enjoy it. Both times we went everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and laughed often. I feel like it's one of those experiences you do once and then move on to something else next year, if that makes sense?

Sorry this is so long!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:38 am 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I thought I wanted to go until I saw the menu (we like about 1/2) and the price.
I think knowing that and reading your input, we'll skip. For $84, I can buy more flip flops :)
Thanks again.